Mr MN Bittar

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

2nd December 2019

Mr Bitter Intraduced himself at the very first meeting with his team and put my mind at rest straightaway. Again before the operation I had no worries what so ever, after the operation Mr Bittar came to check on me in intensive care everyday and again once I was transferred to the ward he came everyday including the Saturday and Sunday . He and all his team and nursing staff , and his secretary were absolutely 100% in my opinion. No hesitation should I ever need to see him again. Thank you Professor Bittar

7th November 2019

This is an amazing man who inspires the greatest confidence before and after surgery. His concern for my health is both professional and sincere. I had no need to be afraid because the minute I listened to him I realised that I was in very safe hands. I would recommend him to anyone who has to undergo valve surgery and is a little older because there should be no fear with a team as good as his team are.

Written by a carer at Victoria Hospital
6th November 2019

Very good doctor but would appreciate more feedback

5th November 2019

I underwent open heart surgery. Dr Bittar was extremely informative pre-op as all of my queries were answered and my worries were put to rest. He regularly came to check on me post-op and was very thorough and professional in his work. The aftercare in the CICU was very professional as well. I have had 2 further check ups post-op and both were carried out in professional and timely manner. I highly recommend Mr Bittar for anyone who is looking at any cardiac surgery.

1st November 2019

Absolutely fantastic surgeon. Very kind and well experienced. One of them surgeon, who can put you at ease and explain everything. Thank you for your help

Nearest Hospital Doctors