Mr MN Bittar

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

22nd October 2019

In the last few months I have gone from feeling fit, well and without any symptoms to receiving an out of the blue diagnosis of a significant aortic root aneurysm. I was seen as a private patient by Professor Bittar on the Lancashire Suite at Blackpool Victoria hospital and underwent surgery to not only repair the aneurysm but also replace a valve along with a coronary artery bypass (hat trick or what!). Throughout I have nothing but positive things to say about the care I received; everything was explained concisely; I was kept informed of what was happening and the outcomes and had full trust in Professor Bittar and the nursing team. I am forever indebted!

2nd October 2019

I saw Prof. Bittar today 9 weeks after he performed a Triple Heart By-Pass Operation on me, On meeting Mr Bittar for the first time prior to surgery I felt totally relaxed and at ease and trusted him completely, After the operation he came every day to see me and at weekend too, he was always ready to answer my questions and extremely kind. His team are all to be commended both in CCU and ward 39. I cant praise him highly enough a true gentleman for one so busy to be able to stop and take the time to listen. I thank him profusely for making me feel whole again.

8th September 2019

I have had excellent treatment and care from Professor Bittar and found him to be considerate and caring. In addition to his extremely accomplished surgical skills. I recovered well from the biopsy.

13th August 2019

I had lung cancer for the second time the first 13 years ago i was petrified when I found out it was in my other lung I saw Professor Bittar he told me in great lengths what was going to happen explained every thing in layman's terms and I understood every thing he said he was very kind and was careing I felt safe in his hands and he was the one who operated on me after my operation he was always there asking how I was and he said it had been successful I went to see him in clinic later and he was just the same still kind and careing and explaining every thing again he took time out to treat me like a person and not just some one on a conveyance belt and he discharged me from clinic he is a wonderful Doctor and I would highly recommend him and put my trust in him

12th August 2019

Prof Bittar dealt with me in a professional yet caring manner. He took time to explain my surgery to me using the scan images to illustrate his points. I asked many questions and he patiently dealt with all of them. He showed a sense of humour yet was not frivolous. He was calm and confident and this in turn gave me confidence and reassured me. He was always well presented and looked clean and smart which is very important in a healthcare professional. Not only was he courteous in speaking to me but also when I heard him speak to his team and also his secretary. He was self assured but without arrogance. I felt completely safe in his care.

Short link to review Mr MN Bittar : http://iwgc.net/efjkb