Mr MN Bittar

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

7th November 2019

This is an amazing man who inspires the greatest confidence before and after surgery. His concern for my health is both professional and sincere. I had no need to be afraid because the minute I listened to him I realised that I was in very safe hands. I would recommend him to anyone who has to undergo valve surgery and is a little older because there should be no fear with a team as good as his team are.

Written by a carer at Victoria Hospital
6th November 2019

Very good doctor but would appreciate more feedback

5th November 2019

I underwent open heart surgery. Dr Bittar was extremely informative pre-op as all of my queries were answered and my worries were put to rest. He regularly came to check on me post-op and was very thorough and professional in his work. The aftercare in the CICU was very professional as well. I have had 2 further check ups post-op and both were carried out in professional and timely manner. I highly recommend Mr Bittar for anyone who is looking at any cardiac surgery.

1st November 2019

Absolutely fantastic surgeon. Very kind and well experienced. One of them surgeon, who can put you at ease and explain everything. Thank you for your help

24th October 2019

I had lung surgery in July 2019 and so thankful to professor Bittar. He is a empathetic doctor who understands his patients. He uses simple communication skills, without terminology enabling his patients to understand what is happening to them. He is an ambassador for Blackpool trust and I hope higher management appreciate what a wonderful doctor they have working for them. The care and treatment I received from the team was of the highest standard THANK YOU

Short link to review Mr MN Bittar : http://iwgc.net/efjkb