mr-mn-bittar

Written by a NHS patient at Victoria Hospital
23rd February 2022

Every great team has a great captain and without doubt ward 39 icu at Blackpool Victoria Hospital certainly have one in doctor Bittar, captain fantastic to me. In the middle of July last year I was diagnosed with lung cancer, a consultation with doctor Bittar took place on the 18th of August at which he discussed in great detail his plan of action and he quite happily answered any questions I had, he was very reassuring. The following day the 19th of August doctor Bittar removed the lower lobe of my right lung along with the tumour and some lymph nodes, thanks to the exceptional care of the team I was back home on the 25th of August.Spoke with doctor Bittar this morning and he told me he will keeping on my situation for the next 5 years, what more can I say other than thank you for the life saving surgery.

Written by a NHS patient at Victoria Hospital
14th February 2022

I was admitted to ITU in Blackpool and was operated on for a life saving procedure. This was carried out five days later along with two further procedures. The attention I received from Mr Bittar and his staff was exceptional. The operation was totally successful. Mr Bittar explained the details of the procedures to and made me feel at ease at all time time I was under his care. He saved my life.

Mr MN Bittar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation.
I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms.
My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

Short link to review Mr MN Bittar : http://iwgc.net/efjkb