mr-mn-bittar

16th November 2021

I was operated on by Mr Bittar and his team back in May, I had an aortic valve replaced and 2 bypass grafts. The care I received throughout the process was second to none, from pre-op discussions to post-op bedside visits.

11th October 2021

I have nothing but the greatest admiration for Professor Bittar. He operated on me when I needed a heart valve replacement and a triple by-pass. Thanks to the Professor’s expertise, I am making a good recovery from major surgery. My thanks again to Professor Bittar for his care and professionalism at all times. Brian Cooper.

13th September 2021

I needed heart valve replacement and aortic surgery which was complicated through infection and kidney failure. The cardiac team at Blackpool helped me a through a difficult period with care and professionalism. They saved my life. I am indebted to all the team. Thank you all.

Mr MN Bittar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

Nearest Hospital Doctors