Mr Miles Banwell

Consultant plastic surgeon at St Andrew's Centre, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex (NHS). Private practice (cosmetic surgery) in Essex & London. Expertise in breast reconstruction, facial reconstruction and cosmetic surgery. BAPRAS - full member BAAPS - full member Rhinoplasty Society of Europe - full member

31st October 2017
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I had a breast reconstruction 1 year ago performed by Mr Banwell and I cannot speak highly enough of him and his team including all the breast care nurses at Broomfield hospital. They treated me with great care and dignity throughout my treatment and aftercare. In my opinion the man is a legend!!!

13th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Knowing where to start with this review is hard as I cannot put in to words how I feel about the way Miles Banwell has transformed my life. Plucking up the courage to have breast surgery was one of the biggest and scariest decisions of my life and I believe fate has a large part to play in things. Had I had it done 10 years ago when I initially wanted it done, I wouldn't have found Miles. When I first walked in to the consultation room I was scared beyond belief. Even my husband of 12 years had never seen my breasts, and here I was standing in front of a complete stranger baring all. I was hugely embarrassed but Miles and Alex (his Nurse at Spire Healthcare in Warley) put me at ease and he cracked the odd joke to lighten my mood! I admit, I was a tough crowd that day! Miles took great care to explain everything that I could expect to happen if I proceeded and what I could expect in the future. I instantly trusted him and I knew he understood what a big deal this was for me and my ultimate happiness. On the day of my surgery he was so kind and knew just how terrified I was, but I felt I was in a safe pair of hands and when you're trusting someone with your body in this way, that is the only feeling you want. I am now 3 weeks on from my surgery and healing perfectly. The incisions he made we incredibly tiny and the stitches so perfect that I know the scars will barely be visible in the future. I honestly could not be happier with the outcome of my surgery. I would also like to thank Sarah, who is incredibly kind and has called me before and after surgery to make sure I am OK and has answered any questions that I may have had. Knowing you have someone on the end of the phone when you're worried is very reassuring. Miles, if you read this I cannot thank you enough. I truly wanted to hug you today because you will never know the gratitude I feel towards you. You have taken a broken soul and made it whole, and for that I will forever be eternally grateful. xx

21st September 2017
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I was referred to Mr Banwell after being diagnosed with a basal cell carcinoma on the side of my nose. He took a great deal of care to work out how to approach this as it was in quite an awkward place. Rather than using a skin graft to cover the area (which would have been very obvious) he used a rotational flap to pull the skin down between my eyebrows and rotate it over the affected area. I was quite apprehensive as this procedure was going to be performed under local anaesthetic but he and his staff were so reassuring that this was not a problem at all. Generous sedation, local anaesthetic and pain relief helped too! It was a bigger surgical incision than I had expected, coming down between my eyebrows and from one side of my nose to the other, but has healed so well that you can barely see it. Many of my work colleagues have also commented on this. I would not hesitate to refer Mr Banwell to anyone needing facial surgery. He obviously loves his work, listens to what you have to say and includes you in the whole process.

31st August 2017
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I was referred to Mr Banwell via Queens Hospital for reconstruction after having breast cancer. From initial consultation I found Mr Banwell sympathetic, caring and extremely helpful. He listened to all my concerns and answered them honestly and thoroughly. On the actual day of the operation I felt very anxious However as soon as I saw Mr Banwell, he put me immediately at ease with his calm and professional manner and this continued at every follow up appointment. The surgical result is honestly outstanding, I am so happy and I cannot thank Mr Banwell and his team enough for all the care that they gave me and for giving me back my dignity and confidence.

15th June 2017
Written by a patient at The Holly Private Hospital

I was seen by Mr Miles Banwell at the Holly House Hospital on 31/05/207 for a Bilateral Breast Reduction. Me Miles Banwell was always professional and put me at my ease from my first appointment, he explained everything in details, and always asked me if I had any questions. The procedure could not have gone better. Mr Banwell's team were always professional and Was in contact with me before the procedure and when I was discharged. My consultations were on line so I could look over what was discussed at the appointments. When it was time for my stitches to be removed it was painless, he care that was shown to me was appreciated. I would recommend Mr Miles Banwell and his team to anyone. I am considering having a Tummy Tuck in the near future and the only person that I will allow to do the procedure will be Mr Miles Banwell and his team. He has made my whole experience a pleasure and painless, I look forward to seeing him again.

Nearest Plastic surgeons