Mr Miles Banwell

Consultant plastic surgeon at St Andrew's Centre, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex (NHS). Private practice (cosmetic surgery) in Essex & London. Expertise in breast reconstruction, facial reconstruction and cosmetic surgery. BAPRAS - full member BAAPS - full member Rhinoplasty Society of Europe - full member

2nd March 2017
Written by a patient at Holly House Hospital

After 10 years of waiting, researching & consultations I finally took the plunge & had my full tummy tuck with muscle repair & lipo with Miles Banwell at The Holly hospital in Essex. My consultation with Mr Banwell was different to the others I'd had. I couldn't of felt more comfortable or at ease. I left my consultation feeling confident & excited about my new tummy for the first time rather than that I was having to compromise on the end result, as I had in previous consultations. My operation couldn't of gone better. The results that Mr.Banwell was able to achieve acceded all expectations. The recovery was tough but Mr.Banwell had prepared me for this during my pre op appointments. He was completely honest about how hard it would be, especially for the first few weeks. I can't tell you how much having this operation has changed my life. I'd spent 14 years since the birth of my first child feeling uncomfortable in my own body. I had no confidence at all and would dread the things that I should of enjoyed & looked forward to like going on a family holiday or shopping trips. I'd imagined for years what it would feel like to feel good about myself again & I can't tell you how amazing that is. I can't recommend Mr.Banwell enough.

19th February 2017
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I first met Mr Banwell five years ago after being diagnosed with breast cancer and was referred to him after my mastectomy for reconstruction surgery. From the first appointment he made feel that I wasn't just a static, he is very sympathetic, caring and listens to your concerns. Over the five years he has been very honest about my surgeries and I have alway felt confident that I had a great surgeon. He is passionate about his work and the outcome this has on his patients. I cannot praise Mr Banwell enough I always came away feeling everything would be ok and it was. I have now been discharged from his care and I will never be able to thank him enough for all he has done for me, he is an amazing man.

7th January 2016
Written by a patient at Baddow Hospital

By his own admission, Mr Banwell is not big on self promotion. It therefore gives me great pleasure to do some promotion on his behalf! I would highly recommend Mr Banwell to anyone considering an elective cosmetic procedure - he is simply brilliant. From initial consultation I found Mr Banwell approachable and amenable. He is incredibly honest and transparent and, most importantly, very human. He was realistic in terms of my individual surgical outcomes and explained these thoroughly giving me clearly defined expectations. Mr Banwell's manner is such that trust and faith is immediately elicited. He patiently dealt with my fears and at my planning consultation listened to all my questions and answered them honestly and thoroughly. He manages patient expectations exceedingly well and offers fantastic encouragement through the recovery process. He is full of praise for you as the patient, all the while being self-deprecating and modest about his role as surgeon. This praise and encouragement really helped me at my one week and 17 day post-operative appointments having had the time at home wondering if everything is progressing as it should. I am now 19 days post-op and aesthetically I could not be happier. I am almost fully upright and was able to come off pain medication at 10 days. The bruising from the liposuction Mr Banwell performed is minimal and swelling is only really of slight annoyance late in the day. I am thrilled with my new tummy and still cannot quite believe it is mine when I see it! As well as the aesthetic benefit, the emotional and psychological difference this had made to me is huge and for that I cannot thank Mr Banwell enough.

Nearest Plastic surgeons