Mr Miles Banwell

Consultant plastic surgeon at St Andrew's Centre, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex (NHS). Private practice (cosmetic surgery) in Essex & London. Expertise in breast reconstruction, facial reconstruction and cosmetic surgery. BAPRAS - full member BAAPS - full member Rhinoplasty Society of Europe - full member

« 1 2 3 4 »

31st January 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

In January 2016 Miles Banwell became my allocated Surgeon who performed my breast reconstruction due to breast cancer. I had a right mastectomy, reconstruction and the Diep performed all in one surgery which took 8 hours +. Apart from my 20 minute lymph nodes operation, this was my only ever op. And with hand on heart I can say, even after all this time has passed, I had so much faith in Miles, I was relatively calm and optimistic. He instilled in me so much confidence through his professionalism, including genuine care, attention to detail, his patience and clarity and always with a wonderful smile. The aftercare has been equally great. I consider myself very lucky to have been in his most capable hands. Thank you again Miles if you every read this. I still feel like a woman thanks to you. Many feel the same. What else can I say ..... he's an natural.

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Mr Banwell is a very calm and patient docter who filled me with confidence and always listened to me.He was professional and always caring and always felt safe and confident in his company.I will always be grateful and thankful for the fantastic reconstruction of my breast after having mastectomy due to breast cancer And now feel like a woman again .there is nothing I cant suggest that could improve his and teams sevice as they are in my opinion Great S A Hewett Masters

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I was lucky enough to have Mr Banwell undertake my recent plastic surgery at Broomfield Hospital and I cannot be happier with his care and support. The outcomes from the surgery were amazing; much better than I hoped for and I know Mr Banwell and his staff worked exceptionally hard throughout my surgery and my following stay in hospital. His manner at appointments both pre and post op was always professional, but friendly and he took the time to explain things carefully to me, ensuring I understood all the possible outcomes and all the options available to me. He listened well to my queries and concerns and made me and my partner feel at ease throughout the entire process. We had great trust in his ability and I would unreservedly recommend him to anyone needing his type of care. Thank you!

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

In 1987 I had a lumpectomy and afterwards received radiotherapy treatment. As a result of this treatment, and the result of ageing, my skin and breast deteriorated and as a result of biopsies to make sure there was no return of any cancer I developed a couple of ulcers, one of which became very invasive. I was referred to Mr Banwell by Queens Hospital to have the breast removed and the area covered by skin from my stomach. I attended Broomfiled Hospital in October 2017 and the breast and ulcer was removed. To my surprise, Mr Banwell was able to reconstruct the breast. After the operation he found time to phone my husband to let him know that everything went well, and I really appreciated this. I have recovered remarkably well considering the major operation undertaken, and this is, I’m sure, due to the expertise of Mr Banwell and all his team.

2nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

From the first time I met mr Banwell he made me feel totally at ease . He explained exactly what he could do for me , which was reconstruction of my left breast following a mastectomy . He explained because I've had two miscarriages and I also have an auto immune disease there was a chance that my body could reject the diet flap reconstruction but he was prepared to go ahead with it . He also explained that I needed to wait 6 months because of having had chemotherapy and radiotherapy , but it was realistically about a year waiting list anyway . I left that appointment feeling very positive . A year later I went into Broomfield hospital to have my reconstruction , mr Banwell came to see me and again explained what he was going to do, I felt very confident he was going to do the best job possible . After the op he came to see me which I thought was very nice . The operation was a total success , I'm very pleased with my reconstruction and would highly recommend mr Banwell .

« 1 2 3 4 »