Mr Miles Banwell

Consultant plastic surgeon at St Andrew's Centre, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex (NHS). Private practice (cosmetic surgery) in Essex & London. Expertise in breast reconstruction, facial reconstruction and cosmetic surgery. BAPRAS - full member BAAPS - full member Rhinoplasty Society of Europe - full member

12th March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Mr Banwell is an exceptional surgeon. I'd opted for delayed reconstruction and the thought of more surgery having had a mastectomy was daunting. Mr Banwell inspired the confidence and courage I needed to proceed. He explained everything clearly and precisely and had the good grace to answer my most footling questions - notably ' when can I go to the cinema and can I walk the dog yet?' His attention to detail and his high standards are matched by his kindness and good humour. Being in his care made me feel safe and brave and that has contributed to an excellent recovery. I'm truly astounded by the results.

12th March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I had my first consultation with Dr Banwell after losing two stone. I had lost majority of my breast tissue and volume and was very unhappy with the sagging skin I was left behind. From my first consultation I felt so confident and reassured that he was the right Doctor for me. Dr Banwell suggested I either have a breast lift with a smaller implant and explained details of how I would expect to look after and then explained how I would look if I were to forgo the breast lift and just have an implant. After trying on lots of different sizes and reviewing my options I opted with breast implants only. My only concern being that I may be left bigger chested than I would like as a large implant would be required to fill the lose skin. I am over the moon with the results, the implants are the perfect size and I would say to anyone with similar concerns to listen to the surgeon as they know whats best. I am left with very natural looking breasts which suit my frame perfectly and I cannot thank Dr Banwell and his team enough for their help and support. Thank you!

31st January 2019
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

In 2009 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and needed to have a Mastectomy. At the time I elected to have a delayed reconstruction. It wasn't until I had an appointment with Miles Banwell that I felt confident enough to go through with the reconstruction. He discussed the options available and gave me all the facts, not at anytime did I feel rushed into making a decision. In fact, I had a couple more appointments and each time Miles was thorough in all he explained and very patient. The decision was made and during 2014 I had a couple of operations, this involved having an expander ready for the implant, then having the implant and a reduction on the other breast. All went to plan and I felt like a new woman. I cannot praise Miles highly enough, his calm and confident manner, his attention to detail and at all time caring. I think a tribute to his work is when other medical staff have asked who done the reconstruction and comment on what a great job he has done. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have had Miles perform my reconstruction and would not hesitate in recommending him

4th January 2019
Written by a patient at The Holly Private Hospital

Totally over exceeded my expectations - so pleased and incredibly thankful for my new nose! (Septorhinoplasty) Choosing to (rather than needing to) have any kind of cosmetic surgery is a scary decision, which comes with a combination of both nervousness and excitement. But throughout my pre-surgery consultations with Mr Banwell, I found him to be incredibly knowledgable, skilful and honest, which massively helped to re-assure all of my worries. The gentle manner of Mr Banwell and his staff put me at ease on the day of surgery and they were super supportive post-surgery - a fantastic team. Finally the results...perfect! very natural and far better than I could have hoped for. An exceptionally talented surgeon, who I would highly recommend.

2nd January 2019
Written by a patient at The Holly Private Hospital

Truly I could sing Mr Banwell's praises all day long. This is because I have never come across such an exceptional service from a healthcare professional. Mr Banwell is an absolute perfectionist in his approach. He informed me of all the risks associated with my procedure. Nothing was ever hidden and he spoke very openly regarding aspects that other doctors may choose not to disclose. He was also very kind and compassionate with a caring approach. His passion for his work is also very evident and I am so thankful that I selected him for my procedure. Equally his team also shared the same qualities so never once did I feel uncomfortable. I am forever grateful.

Nearest Plastic surgeons