Mr Michael Uglow

Mr Uglow works as a Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon and has a special interest in children’s orthopaedics and surgery of the foot & ankle. He also has an interest in sports injuries and provides orthopaedic services for patients of all ages with foot and ankle problems. Mr Uglow has expertise in managing all types of foot and ankle deformities as well as being specialised in limb lengthening and deformity correction. He is a national expert on children's foot deformities and has published on club foot surgery and various aspects of Orthopaedic trauma and is actively involved in ongoing research and education. He is frequently involved with lecturing at a national and international level.

14th August 2016
Written by a patient at Southampton General Hospital

I suffered a badly broken ankle and broken tibia whilst playing semi professional football. I was recommended Mr Uglow by my previous Premier league football club. He pinned my ankle and unbelievably I was able to continue to not only play football, but play at a very good standard. I know of many people for whom an injury like mine has resulted in the end of their footballing career. I would recommend Mr Uglow without hesitation.

7th September 2015
Written by a carer at Spire Southampton Hospital

An outstanding consultant providing an outstanding service.

11th July 2014
Written by a patient at Spire Southampton Hospital

I have seen Mr Uglow over the past couple of years and he has performed a fusion on my ankle. I have always found him to be completely approachable, understanding and helpful. Whenever I have asked him questions he has always taken the time to explain the answers fully and patiently - I have never felt that I was being rushed out. The advice he has given me for treatment ,I feel, has always been justified and I'm sure that he would never advise treatment that might not be necessary. Overall, I would definitely recommend Mr Uglow and would say that having a consultant you feel relaxed and confident in, obviously makes a huge difference psychologically during treatment and particularly when facing surgery.

5th June 2014
Written by a patient at Spire Southampton Hospital

Having spent the last two years seeing various consultants it was a breath of fresh air to meet Mr Uglow who truly believes in giving good accurate advise.I was fortunate to have been referred to Michael Uglow after having had 2 previous operations on my big toe joint by another surgeon and he was extremely thorough in his diagnosis. I felt very reassured that any suggestion he made was justified and clearly explained and shown to me on the ct scan. We had tried every other avenue before proceeding with the procedure and I would always trust his opinion in the future. I truly feel that he has taken me forward and although it will take a while for me to use my foot totally for weight bearing I am confident that the fusion has been the right solution.

Short link to review Mr Michael Uglow: http://iwgc.net/ef69