Mr Michael Katsimihas

20th July 2020

I received a spinal block injection followed by a discectomy undertaken by Mr Katsimihas which was thankfully a success. I was a very nervous and inexperienced patient in a great deal of pain and desperately needed help and reassurance. Mr Katsimihas was the kindest, gentle and patient surgeon I could have wished for. He always took time to explain everything fully. He’s truly changed my life and I cannot thank him enough.

6th April 2020

I was suffering from an unbelievably unbearable back and legs pain for almost 7 months until I met with Mr Michael Katsimihas who performed miracle during good hours of complex spinal procedure to relieve me from such pain and agony. Mr Katsimihas treated me with 100% success and an incredibly speedy recovery period of time. I would strongly recommend him not only for his professionalism, knowledgeability and apt surgical hands, but also for his noble, compassionate and courageous character. I can enjoy life again and no word can convey the depth of my gratitude to him. Dr Maryam Atoofi

6th April 2018

Mr katsimihas operated on my back in January 2018 laminectomy and dissecting on my L4/L5/S1 , he could see how much pain I was in and from the first consultation was kind, informative and clearly confident to resolve my pain. I was extremely nervous about the surgery which was booked in quickly as I had exhausted all other alternative measures.The surgery was smooth and successful and the aftercare of physio and follow up was very good, he even checked on me the next day first thing in the morning, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this lovely and expert back surgeon.

19th December 2017

I am currently under the care of of Mr Katsimihas and as others have said, from the outset he was approachable, thorough, considerate and diligent.I have always felt involved and informed. He has been very conservative, explored all possible options and I always leave his consultations feeling special and important. Although I have not had surgery with him yet and it appears imminent, reading these other reports has simply confirmed my impressions and this gives me great comfort at an apprehensive time. I am hoping that I can recover my quality of life and I do not think I could possibly be in better hands.

16th November 2017

When you are faced with the daunting prospect of having a spinal fusion it can be a confusing / harrowing decision which surgeon to choose for such a major surgery as you do not feel clinically knowledgable enough. Having been there, I would highly recommend Mr K as he was incredibly supportive, highly skilled and helped me face all my fears in a gentle, simplified way. The journey from diagnosis to Surgery was conducted at my pace, all other alternate options were explored thoroughly before I decided I was ready to proceed. The procedure was complicated due to a previous surgery but highly successful, allowing me to walk pain free and effectively giving me my life back again. Mr K checked in on me everyday after surgery at Bath clinic once, sometimes twice a day which meant fitting me into his very busy schedule at various hospitals for which I was incredibly grateful. All in all, I believe in him as a person, his skills as a surgeon and that he genuinely cares for his patients. Look no further, his ratings speak for themselves, I only wish I had used this site in my initial search!

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery