mr-matthew-welck

Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
14th January 2020

Excellent experience with Mr Welck at the Bushy Spire and RNOH. He was always very friendly and professional, spending whatever time was needed to fully discuss the issues and options with me. The surgery itself went very well and his follow up care was excellent. A very caring surgeon, I felt I was always in safe hands. Highly recommended.

Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
9th December 2019

I have suffered with my right achilles for nearly three years. Last July I had a debridement operation performed by another consultant which was unsuccessful in resolving the issue. In June of this year I was referred to Mr Welck. From the initial consultation to the required surgery (detaching the achilles,excising the ankle bump and reinserting with an Arthex speed bridge) he was excellent. He fully explained his diagnosis and his recommend procedure. All my questions were answered and he ensured that the whole process was as swift as possible. It was completely different to the experience I had endured previously with regard to my achilles. I cannot thank Mr Welck enough and would heartily recommend him.

Mr Welck is a consultant orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon who exclusively specialises in surgery of the foot and ankle. He is double fellowship trained, and also completed a research/clinical fellowship in Baltimore, USA. He has an NHS consultant position at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, centre of excellence for complex disorders. His private practice is a spire bushey, the wellington hospital and the RNOH. He practices the breadth of foot and ankle surgery. His specialist interests include ankle arthritis and replacement, Achilles problems, ankle ligament problems, foot deformity. He convenes several foot and ankle courses. and is recognised for his research. He regularly presents at national and international conferences.

Short link to review Mr Matthew Welck: http://iwgc.net/eguis