mr-matthew-welck

7th January 2021

A highly professional and focused physician who has succeeded in greatly reducing arthritic pain in my foot allowing me to walk comfortably again (lockdown observant walks of up to 10,000 steps). Great result.

Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital
16th November 2020

Mr Welck saw me as an Emergancy. He was absolutely fantastic. In these difficult times I am certain he had many more patients on his list more needy than me. He discussed in minute detail the fractures to my foot leaving no stone unturned. He was understanding and patient. I am one of the lucky few that had such wonderful treatment. Viv Lawrence.

3rd November 2020

During last 12 months I’ve had two tendon repair / debridement procedures on each ankle! I could not Fault the procedure and expertise in the slightest, underneath Mr Wells care . He has the highest levels of professionalism as well as bedside manner. He is extremely friendly and professional at the same time. From my first consultation, where he did all the scans necessary.. to booking in my operation which was available within weeks , it has been a smooth process. Equally as important, the follow-up visits and reviews were just as Thorough, went a long way to keeping morale up, and helping mentally as well as physically the recovery process. Thank you very much for agreeing to treat me, and I’ll definitely recommend you to family and friends. I would absolutely recommend anybody who requires treatment especially if they are also nervous like I was to get in contact with him

13th September 2020

Dr. Welck really made me feel heard and genuinely cared for. He listened to what was important to me and did his best to give me an outcome that I was so pleased with. My results from my surgery have exceeded my expectations and I am extremely grateful to him for this!

10th September 2020

I was under the care of Mr Welck for few years and ended up having an ankle fusion due to post traumatic ankle arthritis following a fracture. Through the years he has advised me and listened to my fears and concerns about my ankle, and always gave me options. He was so patient with me on deciding whether to have an ankle fusion and now I had it, it is life changing and I still have movement which I never thought I would have. He is knowledgeable and friendly, and noticed he is very well respected by his peers. A great consultant and surgeon, I would definitely recommend Mr Welck.

Mr Welck is a consultant orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon who exclusively specialises in surgery of the foot and ankle. He is double fellowship trained, and also completed a research/clinical fellowship in Baltimore, USA. He has an NHS consultant position at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, centre of excellence for complex disorders. His private practice is a spire bushey, the wellington hospital and the RNOH. He practices the breadth of foot and ankle surgery. His specialist interests include ankle arthritis and replacement, Achilles problems, ankle ligament problems, foot deformity. He convenes several foot and ankle courses. and is recognised for his research. He regularly presents at national and international conferences.

Short link to review Mr Matthew Welck: http://iwgc.net/eguis