mr-matthew-welck

Written by a patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
13th September 2020

Dr. Welck really made me feel heard and genuinely cared for. He listened to what was important to me and did his best to give me an outcome that I was so pleased with. My results from my surgery have exceeded my expectations and I am extremely grateful to him for this!

Written by a patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
10th September 2020

I was under the care of Mr Welck for few years and ended up having an ankle fusion due to post traumatic ankle arthritis following a fracture. Through the years he has advised me and listened to my fears and concerns about my ankle, and always gave me options. He was so patient with me on deciding whether to have an ankle fusion and now I had it, it is life changing and I still have movement which I never thought I would have. He is knowledgeable and friendly, and noticed he is very well respected by his peers. A great consultant and surgeon, I would definitely recommend Mr Welck.

1st September 2020

I have had two consultations with Mr Welck and have felt reassured both times. He answered all my questions and I feel confident about going forward with the operation.

21st July 2020

Dr Matthew Welck .listened totally to what I had to say .re my ankle arthritis.He was very informative and explained my options I great detail .this was the second time I saw him and the helpful response was the same.I would definitely recommend him.

14th January 2020

Excellent experience with Mr Welck at the Bushy Spire and RNOH. He was always very friendly and professional, spending whatever time was needed to fully discuss the issues and options with me. The surgery itself went very well and his follow up care was excellent. A very caring surgeon, I felt I was always in safe hands. Highly recommended.

Mr Welck is a consultant orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon who exclusively specialises in surgery of the foot and ankle. He is double fellowship trained, and also completed a research/clinical fellowship in Baltimore, USA. He has an NHS consultant position at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, centre of excellence for complex disorders. His private practice is a spire bushey, the wellington hospital and the RNOH. He practices the breadth of foot and ankle surgery. His specialist interests include ankle arthritis and replacement, Achilles problems, ankle ligament problems, foot deformity. He convenes several foot and ankle courses. and is recognised for his research. He regularly presents at national and international conferences.

Short link to review Mr Matthew Welck: http://iwgc.net/eguis