19th January 2020

Matthew Trotter has been consistently excellent, quickly diagnosing the reasons for my hearing loss and restoring it to normal with subsequent surgery. Everything was explained in detail and he took care to ensure any questions were answered.

17th January 2020

My hearing is significantly improved, which is a fantastic bonus, because the main objective of the op was in fact to help reduce the likelihood of recurring infection of the ear. I think post operation Matthew had massively exceeded his (and my own) expectations of the end result. Many thanks Matthew. Great work!

17th December 2019

I visited Mr Matthew Trotter very recently at Spire Parkway Hospital, Solihull in the West Midlands as I was suffering from a high pitched tone in my ears that was very unpleasant indeed. Mr Trotter was very friendly and gave me the time I needed to explain how my symptoms started, when this was and how they were affecting me. He carried out an examination of my ear, requested a hearing test and an MRI scan. Whilst these tests were being carried out I was re-assured not to worry that really helped me. Mr Trotter diagnosed Tinnitus and that I have some hearing deterioration where a hearing aid may help with my hearing and also reduce the tinnitus condition in the future. Mr Trotter advised me to get in touch with him again in the future should I need any further help or advice. I really felt listened to, supported and was totally confident that Mr Trotter was an expert in this field. Thank you for all your help.

15th December 2019

I had a septoplasty almost a year ago, before the operation i suffered for a long time (difficult breathing, snoring, sinus) and no one could help me.GPs prescribed me a lots of steroids which did not helped me at all. I was so lucky that I was referred to dr Matthew as he did an amazing job that change my life. I wish we could have more doctors like him as he is not only a great specialist but also such a kind person

Written by a carer at University Hospital Coventry
9th December 2019

Mr Trotter performed a Myringoplasty on my (then) 11yr old son at UHCW. We recently had our one year post-op follow-up at which my son's hearing was tested to be perfect. This has been a very successful end to an almost 8 year journey and Mr Trotter has been nothing short of excellent since he took over my son's case some 18mths ago. From the offset he has taken care to listen to both myself and my son, answering questions concisely and honestly whilst at the same time giving us complete confidence in his approach, competence and the achievement of a positive outcome. He has a natural rapport with young people and put my son (and myself) at ease on the day of surgery. I cannot praise him enough nor thank him enough for giving my son his hearing back and putting an end to countless ear problems experienced over many years.

Nearest Otolaryngologists