7th June 2017
Written by a patient at Solihull Hospital

Since 2013, I have had two operations, numerous appointments and consistently high-quality care with Mr Trotter (for Mastoiditis). One to remove the infection and the other, to reconstruct my hearing. He is a friendly, approachable consultant and is highly knowledgeable in his field. I had and still have, great trust in his capabilities. Throughout treatment, I was kept well-informed and the final outcome far surpassed my expectations; regaining my hearing (I'm a classically trained singer), with no restriction to future activities. Initially we thought, I could be facing a full radical Mastoidectomy, something that would have impacted my 'outdoorsy' active lifestyle and future career choices as a field research environmental scientist. However, Mr Trotter was able to avoid this and, the lifelong implications that would have had. I am now on the home run, with yearly check-ups scheduled for the next few years, as a precautionary measure. You are in safe hands with this consultant, as per my experience. I am very grateful to Mr Trotter and can't recommend enough.

1st June 2017
Written by a patient at Solihull Hospital

Prior to being seen by Mr Trotter for the first timesome 4 years ago I had been seen by a number of consultants over the previous 5 years who effectively had done nothing to help me with what was a debilitating sinus condition. Within 10 minutes Mr Trotter properly diagnosed me with severe nasyl polyps and continual sinus infections and I was on the path to surgery. Mr Trotter has operated on me 3 times in the last 4 years to try and help me to live a bearable life. He has done a fantastic job with the polyps with some 10 hours of surgery and currently, some 12 months after the most recent operation, I am as good as I have been for 10 years. Mr Trotter has always explained everything that was going on, helped me to control infections and offered superb advice and continuing care. I can't imagine how I would have been had I not seen Mr. Trotter and can't recommend him highly enough

3rd May 2017
Written by a patient at Solihull Hospital

Thanks to Mr Trotter our son has a fully functioning, healthy new eardrum. He has now completely recovered from a major surgery to replace his retracted eardrum. Mr Trotter has monitored our son for few years. He has been always attentive and competent. He has a vast knowledge in his field, also he has excellent communication skills, he has been great to explain everything to us. Mr Trotter understands very well what difficult choices one has to make regarding treatments and surgeries especially if it is about our children. He has been great to listen to our questions and worries. Mr Trotter has a great ability to build a mutually respectful but yet an easy going rapport. We knew our son was in the best hands with Mr Trotter. We cannot think of anything how Mr Trotter could improve his care. He is as perfect as a Consultant can get. We can highly recommend him. We are grateful to Mr Trotter for all he has done for our son. Thank you.

1st May 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital

Dr Mathew Trotter was excellent at explaining the risks and benefits prior my particular operation, removing nasal polyps ( no smell or taste and blocked nose for nearly 3years) , my outcome has been a 100% improvement, the guy is top drawer in my opinion. AR Solihull.

13th April 2017
Written by a patient at Solihull Hospital

Concise diagnosis, clear explanation of treatment options and risks, professional consultation and operation. I now have 50:50 hearing in both ears. Very happy patient. Mr Trotter has a passion and clear depth of knowledge is his chosen field of expertise.

Nearest Otolaryngologists