Mr Matthew Stenning

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

20th October 2016
Written by a patient at Poole General Hospital

Incredibly rude, doesn't answer questions and refused to give guidance on something as simple as whether my meds were in the right range (or, could he think of anything else that may help). Actually folded his arms, leaned back in his chair and refused to answer questions-- which doesn't give comfort. He also said that he 'doesn't work in the private system', despite working at a private hospital in Salisbury. I absolutely do not trust this man to cut into me. He may be a great surgeon but his inability/ unwillingness to answer simple questions has made me unable/ unwilling to remain under his care. I am now seeking a surgeon who responds to me when I ask about what's going on with my health and isn't quite so dismissive and blasé about my pain.

18th October 2016
Written by a patient at Poole General Hospital

Very dismissive attitude, absolutely no bedside manner or empathy. No alternatives were offered, or additional support suggested-- in fact this was bluntly refused. Now seeking a new (read: much more attentive and empathetic) surgeon. Utterly unimpressed.

22nd January 2016
Written by a patient at New Hall Hospital

Very approachable,makes swift decisions on care /surgery required and carries it out very efficiently.

Short link to review Mr Matthew Stenning: http://iwgc.net/efbma