Mr Matthew Stenning

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

21st February 2017
Written by a patient at New Hall Hospital

I have been under the care of Mr Stenning for 5 years+. I have had two operations on my back both done by Mr Stenning. I cannot fault the care given not only by Mr Stenning but his whole team and the team at New Halls Hospital

5th January 2017
Written by a patient at New Hall Hospital

Saw Mr Stenning yesterday, who is I understand the specialist surgeon who has been assigned my case, i thought him very polite. I was satisfied with the way I was treated at New Hall hospital with speed and care. i have only given the 1st question "Do you trust this doctor?" 3 stars as I think it is a silly question. I do not know Mr Stenning well enough to answer it truthfully. Overall It was a stress free experience and I am hoping that my broken back will stop giving me so much pain through the help of Mr Stenning,appropiate pain relief and my own determination.

13th December 2016
Written by a carer at New Hall Hospital

Arrogant and dismissive. Totally disinterested, uncommunicative, abrupt and unhelful. If he had to gone to the medical school my son trained at he would never have passed the first year with that that attitude. A little kindness and respect for his patients would go a long way. Bet he doesn't treat his private patients like that. Will wait to see if any of his other skills are up to much and submit a new review if there is any change in my opinion.

26th November 2016
Written by a patient at New Hall Hospital

very professional and attentive. surgery performed was a succes and he was helpful throughout my whole journey. changed my life

20th October 2016
Written by a patient at Poole General Hospital

Incredibly rude, doesn't answer questions and refused to give guidance on something as simple as whether my meds were in the right range (or, could he think of anything else that may help). Actually folded his arms, leaned back in his chair and refused to answer questions-- which doesn't give comfort. He also said that he 'doesn't work in the private system', despite working at a private hospital in Salisbury. I absolutely do not trust this man to cut into me. He may be a great surgeon but his inability/ unwillingness to answer simple questions has made me unable/ unwilling to remain under his care. I am now seeking a surgeon who responds to me when I ask about what's going on with my health and isn't quite so dismissive and blasé about my pain.

Short link to review Mr Matthew Stenning: http://iwgc.net/efbma