23rd July 2024

After my final appointment with Mr Potter last week, I just wanted to send an email of thanks. It isn’t my first procedure with Mr Potter and I’m sure it wont be my last. I’ve had both a labiaplasty and pinnerplasty under him. At every stage throughout I’m constantly in awe of how he conducts himself. Not only is he so knowledgeable, he’s so relatable with it, which is few and far between with many surgeons. Mr Potter is able to build a great rapport throughout every appointment and this continued into surgery. My surgery was under local, and I was amazed to see how he conducts himself during surgery, not only with me as a patient but also with his theatre staff. It was a true testimony to who he is that I felt no hierarchy throughout the surgery, Mr Potter respected each and everyone of his staff in that theatre room and although colleagues, it felt like they were friends, too. Although a fantastic surgeon, and a wealth of knowledge, Mr Potter has stayed humble and this is such a fantastic attribute to have. Thank you so much for the great results Mr Potter. All the best to you and your lovely family. Amy

Written by a private patient at The Ridgeway Hospital - part of Circle Health Group
1st April 2024

I was referred to Mr Potter following excision of a BCC on my scalp, as cancerous cells were still present at the margins, and this required further surgery. At the time, I was concerned I would experience significant hair loss because of further surgery. However, I was quickly put at ease by Mr Potter’s warm and friendly manner and advice that the skin graft would be of a certain size, and that he would be able to reduce the area of hair loss through subsequent procedures. I underwent a skin graft and four following procedures to reduce the area of hair loss. Mr Potter is an excellent surgeon, and I am very happy with the results. Throughout this process, appointments were arranged swiftly, and all queries and concerns that I had were quickly responded to. Now, I have no hair loss, and there is no visible sign of a scar. I would highly recommend Mr Potter.

28th November 2023

I'm coming up to 10 weeks post op following a breast lift, tummy tuck and 3 moles removed (in one surgery), with Matthew, and I have been so pleased with the whole process from start to finish along with the brilliant results he's achieved. I couldn't recommend Matthew more; he took plenty of time to explain the procedures and answered my questions, I felt completely at ease throughout the process. The aftercare, both in hospital and follow up appointments, has been great and the results achieved are everything I could have hoped for.

3rd February 2023

I was referred to Matthew to perform a wide local excision and sentinel node biopsy following the diagnosis of a malignant melanoma on my outer ear. I met with Matthew pre operation, who did a fantastic job in explaining the diagnosis, talking through the procedure and putting me at ease. On the day of the operation, Matthew came to greet me early again providing that reassurance and additional comfort. We again talked through the procedure and what to expect. I then met Matthew again post surgery who was able to explain how the operation went. Matthews constructive work on my ear is exceptional and people do not recognize any difference (compared to my other ear). The scaring on my next is healing well with Matthew having advised how it would look. Matthew is a fantastic person who is exceptional in what he does and I feel very fortunate to have been referred to him.

21st April 2022

I was referred to Matt Potter for the removal of an even increasing Lipoma on my jawline. Matt was very quick to put me at ease and explain the whole process and the surgery involved. On the day of the surgery, it went better than I could have imagined and six weeks post surgery I have healed well and have a very neat scar which Matt managed to put under my jawline. I couldn’t be happier!

Matthew Potter works as a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon having been trained in the UK and Australia in all sub specialities of Plastic Surgery.

Matthew has an interest in general Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic surgery. His specialist interest within the NHS is that of Skin Cancer, Head and Neck cancer and its reconstruction as well as facial palsy.

His research interest at Oxford University is that of Bioengineering and the development of an artificial skin

Nearest Plastic surgeons