Mr Matthew Potter

Matthew Potter works as a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon having been trained in the UK and Australia in all sub specialities on Plastic Surgery. Matthew has an interest in general Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic surgery. His specialist interest within the NHS is that of Skin Cancer, Head and Neck cancer and its reconstruction as well as facial palsy. His research interest at Oxford University is that of Bioengineering and the development of an artificial skin

• Plastic surgery
  • Cosmetic Medicine
  • Vascular and Transplant Surgery

19th March 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Following a recent diagnosis of malignant melanoma I met with Matt who was very reassuring. He was very patient and understanding, explaining what had happened so far and the options that were available to me. So far I have had a wide local excision and a sentinel lymph nodes biopsy and the surgical results have been amazing, the scars are healing very well and I am amazed at how good they look already, about 1 month on. Matt is continuing to provide excellent care, both for my physical health and emotional wellbeing, ensuring that I understand my future treatment. I feel very fortunate to be in the care of Matt and have faith in his recommended treatment plan.

18th February 2017
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

Following a fairly devastating (at the time) diagnosis of sinus cancer, my wife and I met with Mr Potter whom we understood would be carrying out what is officially known as a maxilla reconstruction with DCIA flap. To those of us not in the trade, that's basically taking away and reconstructing a whole quarter of the face, including the palate. Mr Potter meticulously and patiently explained the entire procedure, what would happen during the long operation, the immediate after effects during recovery, and the eventual result. With kindness and good humour he ensured all our questions were answered and our fears allayed. We suddenly felt optimistic and positive, and knew we were in a very safe pair of hands. The operation has been a total success, and the recovery was straightforward, thanks to both Mr Potter and his associate surgeons, plus the wonderful team at the Blenheim Head and Neck department at The Churchill. Considering the amount of surgery involved, scarring is practically non existent and my appearance is almost as it was before the op - friends simply can't believe I've had all that work carried out. Eating was nearly back to normal within a month and life is exceptionally good. We will never be able to thank Mr Potter enough, similarly all at Blenheim - we are all so incredibly lucky to have that level of skill and commitment through our NHS

25th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital

I saw Mr.Potter with regard to gynaecomastia surgery in 2016/17. He explained the condition and treatment very clearly at every stage. He also has a very personable manner and addressed any concerns that I had throughout. I felt very well informed and prepared ahead of my surgery. Mr.Potter uses surgical techniques which minimize scarring and after only a few weeks post-surgery, my scars were almost invisible. In addition, he excised only the tissue which was necessary and proportionate in order to give a result consistent with body fat distribution. The appearance therefore appears natural and overall I am very pleased with the result. The care and follow up procedures were also excellent at the hospital. I would highly recommend Mr.Potter if you are considering this surgery.

23rd January 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Mr Potter reconstructed my left nostril using a graft from my left ear. I would recommend him highly. He gave me clear advice about the procedure he was going to perform, the risks associated with this procedure and the recovery plan I needed to follow to secure a good outcome. I had confidence in Mr Potter and a good rapport with him. He was very pleasant, listened and saw me daily after the operation. I am delighted with the result. My six days at The Manor Hospital were very comfortable. The nurses and staff were so nice.

Nearest Plastic surgeons