Mr Matthew Hough

I am a Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee. As an NHS consultant my major interests are melanoma and skin cancer, perineal reconstruction and hypospadias surgery. In private practice I specialise in cosmetic surgery of the eyelids, breast (augmentation, reduction and mastopexy) and abdomen (abdominoplasty). I am a fully accredited Plastic Surgeon on the General Medical Council’s Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery and a full member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS). I qualified from Medical School in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1994. Having trained at several prestigious units in the UK I completed my specialist training after a Fellowship in Plastic Surgery at Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia. I take an active role in research, I have numerous publications in the plastic surgery literature, hosted conferences, contributed chapters to medical textbooks and presented at scientific and surgical meetings. I am involved in medical training and carry out regular reviews and audits of my practice to constantly monitor my performance and outcomes.

• Plastic surgery

19th June 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

I attended Fernbrae for breast reduction after years of back pain and embarrassment. The initial consultation was friendly and informative and calmed any anxiety I had. Mr Haugh talked me through the procedure and told me about the positives and negatives equally. My op was on a date suited to my needs, all the staff were positive, reassuring and helpful. During recovery I was well looked after and went home the next day. After care was amazing and contact with Mr Haugh was ongoing till fully healed. I was back at work after 3 weeks and a year later have the boobs I always wanted. I would recommend Mr Haugh to anyone considering this procedure.

21st May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

I recently had breast reduction surgery and from the moment I met Mr Hough I felt at ease and confident. He gave clear and concise explanations about what I should expect and spent time going through my expectations from the surgery. The staff at BMI Fernbrae were very professional and I received excellent care. Mr Hough and the anaesthetist checked on me frequently and I was discharged within 2 days and back to work after 5 weeks. 9 months on and I am delighted with the outcome as it has greatly improved my quality of life. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Hough for his professional approach and surgical skills.

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

Mr Hough recently performed a breast augmentation on me . I can’t fault his practice . From my initial consultation which was informative and made me aware of risks etc but also very easy to talk to and spent a lot of time asking what I wanted. My Hospital stay was very good and I was treated so well by all the staff . Mr Hough also checked in on me several times . I am very happy with my care recieved and the outcome of my procedure and would highly recommend him .

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

Great treatment throughout the whole process, from initial consultation to post op appointments. Seen quickly and booked surgery in a short time frame, even after postponing my surgery for around 2 years. Would highly recommend Mr Hough and BMI Fernbrae Hospital.

4th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

Made to feel extremely comfortable from the beginning, everything was explained very well and I felt able to ask any questions. Very welcoming and always ensure I am aware of what to do if I am unsure of anything. Would highly recommend Mr Hough.

Short link to review Mr Matthew Hough: http://iwgc.net/eetns