Mr Matthew Hough

I am a Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee. As an NHS consultant my major interests are melanoma and skin cancer, perineal reconstruction and hypospadias surgery. In private practice I specialise in cosmetic surgery of the eyelids, breast (augmentation, reduction and mastopexy) and abdomen (abdominoplasty). I am a fully accredited Plastic Surgeon on the General Medical Council’s Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery and a full member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS). I qualified from Medical School in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1994. Having trained at several prestigious units in the UK I completed my specialist training after a Fellowship in Plastic Surgery at Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia. I take an active role in research, I have numerous publications in the plastic surgery literature, hosted conferences, contributed chapters to medical textbooks and presented at scientific and surgical meetings. I am involved in medical training and carry out regular reviews and audits of my practice to constantly monitor my performance and outcomes.

• Plastic surgery

30th August 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

I received excellent care with amazing results. Mr Hough was very approachable and took great care to explain everything clearly, and provided plenty of information and put me very much at my ease. During after-care he was very reassuring and supportive. The surgey went very smoothly and my recovery was very fast--I had surgery on the Saturday morning and was discharged on the Monday. I would recommend very strongly.

8th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

I had brilliant care before and after by Mr Hough. I would not change anything and felt so relaxed about it all. Would highly recommend Mr Hough.

Nearest Plastic surgeons