Mr Matthew Crocker

Mr Crocker is a consultant neurosurgeon with a large NHS practice at St George's Hospital, London. He has a full general neurosurgery practice and subspecialist interests in spinal surgery and vascular neurosurgery. He is the chair of the regional spine MDT and holds clinical lead positions for metastatic spinal cord compression, undergraduate teaching and neurotrauma. He is the clinical lead for the regional neurosurgery unit. He trained in London in neurosurgery 2005-2012 and undertook a two year period of research into cerebral bloodflow and brain tumours 2008-2010 as the McKissock Lecturer at St George's University London. In 2011 he was awarded the Norman Dott Medal for the most outstanding performance in the FRCS (Neurosurgery) exams. He visited the Barrow Neurological Institute in 2012 as the Marjorie Newsome Travelling Fellow. He was appointed as a consultant to The Atkinson Morley Wing at St George's in 2012 and also has a private practice based at The Parkside Hospital, Wimbledon.

• Neurosurgery

25th March 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was referred to Mr Crocker in December, following a diagnosis of a meningioma. His clear, professional explanation and dry sense of humour gave me the greatest confidence in his ability, and I enjoyed a worry-free Christmas! He arranged the surgery quickly, which was performed by him and his excellent team in January. I am now swimming, playing the violin and digging my allotment only eight weeks after major surgery - a tribute to his skill. I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment I received at St George's.

26th February 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

No improvement needed as mr Crocker was so helpful with my questions and queries about my operation even after a successful operation. Also to add I have emailed with a question to which he responded really quickly,I would recommend him to any patient as he is so helpful and responsive to any off your problems or questions and he is a fantastic surgeon.

21st January 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Matthew Crocker - As I found myself in the hospital due to an accident with serious neck injuries but Matthew Crocker took care of me, went through two cervical spine operations, 2nd surgery was carried out by Matthew Crocker. I am glad to be recovering and walking again. Hopefully I will be recovered fully in a few months but grateful to Dr Matthew Crocker and team forever. May God bless them and support to continue their miracle work.

15th January 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I had been struggling with my back for nearly a year and as soon as I was finally referred by my GP to Dr Crocker, it wasn't long before he'd come up with a way of relieving my pain and helping me get back to feeling normal again. I've never had surgery of any kind before but Dr Crocker put me at ease immediately. A fantastic doctor.

10th January 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Matthew Crocker offered me the chance of 'corrective' spinal surgery when I had almost despaired of ever having a straight spine again following a deformity after an accident in 2012. I had 2 major operations (both 6 hours +) within 8 weeks of each other and am now recovering well and standing almost 4 inches taller. Matthew pulled no punches about the risks involved with this complicated surgery but I felt reassured by his confident, professional and understanding nature. Throughout my time in hospital, he visited me regularly and was fully involved in pain relief issues and really all aspects of my well being and care. I cannot express my gratitude enough to this amazing man and am so happy that at the age of 54 I am no longer turning into a hunched back old woman living in constant pain and, with the help of physiotherapy, yoga and pilates, can enjoy all the fruits that life has to offer.

Nearest Neurosurgeons