Mr Matthew Crocker

Mr Crocker is a consultant neurosurgeon with a large NHS practice at St George's Hospital, London. He has a full general neurosurgery practice and subspecialist interests in spinal surgery and vascular neurosurgery. He is the chair of the regional spine MDT and holds clinical lead positions for metastatic spinal cord compression, undergraduate teaching and neurotrauma. He is the clinical lead for the regional neurosurgery unit. He trained in London in neurosurgery 2005-2012 and undertook a two year period of research into cerebral bloodflow and brain tumours 2008-2010 as the McKissock Lecturer at St George's University London. In 2011 he was awarded the Norman Dott Medal for the most outstanding performance in the FRCS (Neurosurgery) exams. He visited the Barrow Neurological Institute in 2012 as the Marjorie Newsome Travelling Fellow. He was appointed as a consultant to The Atkinson Morley Wing at St George's in 2012 and also has a private practice based at The Parkside Hospital, Wimbledon.

• Neurosurgery

14th December 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

On 18th December 2016 at the age of 35 I suffered a seizure and it was discovered I had a bleed on the brain. I did not meet Mr Crocker pre-surgery as I was not conscious and the operation to remove bleed was an emergency. But what I know is that man and his team saved my life. A bleed that size could have killed me or left me with mental/physical disabilities. A year on and I am doing fine with no serious long lasting affects. The care I had from Mr Crocker post-surgery was impeccable. His visits to me in ICU and his fantastic way of explaining things, right up to him answering my emailed questions when I left hospital truly impressed. And I know he was amazing with my family before and after surgery and helped them to understand things. When going through something like this you cant help feel a connection to the surgeon. After all, he has seen inside my head! And I am proud to have had Mr Crocker and his wonderful team (special mention to Anastasios who I have met at follow up meetings) save my life.

14th September 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

On June 9th this year I found out I had a spinal cord tumour. I was referred to Matthew Crocker at St. George's hospital in tooting. I was nervous, anxious and really didn't know what to expect. From the offset mr Crocker was honest, to the point , thorough and very professional. All that said there are not many times in your life that you click with a medical professional, but I felt I did. He put all my doubts and concerns to rest. On the 17th July I had major surgery performed by mr Crocker and his amazing team at St. George's. Two months on and I'm up and walking and very grateful to him and his team. Not only does he excel in his field but he looks like he enjoys it as well. 100% recommended. I personally can't think of anything negative to say about Mr. Matthew Crocker.

13th September 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Crocker took a pragmatic, yet sympathetic approach to my back issues. He offered a straight forward, refreshing and highly professional approach, taking into account my personal circumstances and my lifestyle choices. He also gave an impressive level of pre-op and after care. I cannot recommend him more highly.

7th June 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

What can I say..reading the reviews from previous patients sums up this really special gem of a surgeon. From my first meeting on referral from my GP to the point before I went in to hospital to have my brain tumour removed. Mr Matthew Crocker was most assuring, confident and with a great sense of humour. He really put me at ease and I felt safe in the knowledge that he would be carrying out my operation. A real God sent I think. I was discharged 2 days after my op because I felt well enough to go home. I was walking, talking and doing everything as normal, which is shocking considering my skull had been opened up, tumour removed and a plate fitted to replace the damaged skull. A miracle I would say. I have not looked back since them and it's over 3 weeks now. Thanks Matt and God bless you.

11th May 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

There is apparently a saying in the medical world: a surgeon cannot excel at surgery and have an exemplary bedside manner – it is either one or the other. Mr Matthew Crocker is an exception to this rule. He is both an exceptional surgeon and possesses the most reassuring and positive demeanour, which along with his sense of humour, put me entirely at ease. Thanks to him I am on the road to a full recovery. With every faith and confidence in him, I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this gem of a surgeon.

Nearest Neurosurgeons