Mr Matthew Crocker

Mr Crocker is a consultant neurosurgeon with a large NHS practice at St George's Hospital, London. He has a full general neurosurgery practice and subspecialist interests in spinal surgery and vascular neurosurgery. He is the chair of the regional spine MDT and holds clinical lead positions for metastatic spinal cord compression, undergraduate teaching and neurotrauma. He is the clinical lead for the regional neurosurgery unit. He trained in London in neurosurgery 2005-2012 and undertook a two year period of research into cerebral bloodflow and brain tumours 2008-2010 as the McKissock Lecturer at St George's University London. In 2011 he was awarded the Norman Dott Medal for the most outstanding performance in the FRCS (Neurosurgery) exams. He visited the Barrow Neurological Institute in 2012 as the Marjorie Newsome Travelling Fellow. He was appointed as a consultant to The Atkinson Morley Wing at St George's in 2012 and also has a private practice based at The Parkside Hospital, Wimbledon.

• Neurosurgery

11th May 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

There is apparently a saying in the medical world: a surgeon cannot excel at surgery and have an exemplary bedside manner – it is either one or the other. Mr Matthew Crocker is an exception to this rule. He is both an exceptional surgeon and possesses the most reassuring and positive demeanour, which along with his sense of humour, put me entirely at ease. Thanks to him I am on the road to a full recovery. With every faith and confidence in him, I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this gem of a surgeon.

31st March 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mathew Crocker proved to be an excellent surgeon and all my contact with him was done professionally and it's clear that the support team around him also respond to his enthusiasm and professionalism. His personal manner and sense of humour made the experience much more comfortable than it might have been. My recovery has been excellent with the removal of most of the many symptoms I originally had.

25th March 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was referred to Mr Crocker in December, following a diagnosis of a meningioma. His clear, professional explanation and dry sense of humour gave me the greatest confidence in his ability, and I enjoyed a worry-free Christmas! He arranged the surgery quickly, which was performed by him and his excellent team in January. I am now swimming, playing the violin and digging my allotment only eight weeks after major surgery - a tribute to his skill. I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment I received at St George's.

26th February 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

No improvement needed as mr Crocker was so helpful with my questions and queries about my operation even after a successful operation. Also to add I have emailed with a question to which he responded really quickly,I would recommend him to any patient as he is so helpful and responsive to any off your problems or questions and he is a fantastic surgeon.

21st January 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Matthew Crocker - As I found myself in the hospital due to an accident with serious neck injuries but Matthew Crocker took care of me, went through two cervical spine operations, 2nd surgery was carried out by Matthew Crocker. I am glad to be recovering and walking again. Hopefully I will be recovered fully in a few months but grateful to Dr Matthew Crocker and team forever. May God bless them and support to continue their miracle work.

Nearest Neurosurgeons