mr-matthew-crocker

14th August 2022

Mr Crocker treated my teenage son who required extensive spinal surgery. It was an incredibly difficult time for our family, and frankly, the worst time of my life. I think what made it bearable was knowing that we had the services of such an outstanding surgeon as Mr Crocker. We owe Mr Crocker a lot. My son is back to full health, thanks to Mr Crocker’s skill and care. So terribly sad to hear about his passing.

1st June 2022

I still cannot get over the fact I will never see you again, my hero!

20th April 2022

Mr Crocker was one of the nicest Consultants ive ever seen , he listen , he help and was very caring . His bedside manor was nothing short of being out of this world. A very sad loss to me and and nhs He always said if you need to talk please call or email , and he would always return your call or email

4th April 2022

Mr Mathew Crocker was a lovely chap who I will miss greatly,I'm very saddened by his death

29th December 2021

Mr Crocker was recommended to me by a friend who is a Plastic Surgeon, and I also cannot recommend him highly enough - his care of me from the start has been exceptional in every way. I initially saw him privately in September for a second opinion after a diagnosis of facet joint degeneration and spinal stenosis requiring surgery, and I had immediate trust in him. Having confidence in the surgeon who was going to operate on my spine was essential to me - I didn't want any Tom, Dick or Harry having a practice on my back on their first day to see if they were any good at spinal surgery! He took a considerable amount of time discussing the options and risks with me to ensure I understood, and in addition his recommended surgery was discussed at the MDT meeting at St Georges which added a further layer of confidence for me. In the end my symptoms deteriorated quickly and I had a successful emergency lumbar decompression and fusion for cauda equine at St Georges performed by Mr Crocker and his fellow Hassan Raza late at night. Despite the operation not finishing until 2am, Mr Crocker was back at my bedside at 8am the next morning checking on me, and he and Hassan continued with daily (sometimes twice daily) visits throughout my stay in hospital. After discharge he has called me a number of times to check on my progress and I know that this is highly unusual for consultants, but one that was much appreciated - knowing that he was there if I needed advice made a huge difference. I am now 12 weeks (today) post surgery and all of my previous symptoms of nerve, buttock and hip pain have now gone and overall I feel great - it's hard to believe that I had put up with pain and restricted movement for such a long time - so much so that I had normalised it and had resigned myself (due to previous misdiagnosis) that this was normal ageing! With the exception of running and cycling, I am back to my normal life again and I will be eternally grateful to Mr Crocker for helping me to get my life back again.

Mr Crocker is a consultant neurosurgeon with a large NHS practice at St George's Hospital, London. He has a full general neurosurgery practice and subspecialist interests in spinal surgery and vascular neurosurgery. He is the chair of the regional spine MDT and holds clinical lead positions for metastatic spinal cord compression, undergraduate teaching and neurotrauma. He was the clinical lead for the regional neurosurgery unit 2013-2017. He trained in London in neurosurgery 2005-2012 and undertook a two year period of research into cerebral bloodflow and brain tumours 2008-2010 as the McKissock Lecturer at St George's University London. In 2011 he was awarded the Norman Dott Medal for the most outstanding performance in the FRCS (Neurosurgery) exams. He visited the Barrow Neurological Institute in 2012 as the Marjorie Newsome Travelling Fellow. He was appointed as a consultant to The Atkinson Morley Wing at St George's in 2012 and also has a modern private practice as part of a collaborative team through Wimbledon Clinics based at The Parkside Hospital and St Anthonys Hospital.

Nearest Neurosurgeons