Mr Matthew Crocker

Mr Crocker is a consultant neurosurgeon with a large NHS practice at St George's Hospital, London. He has a full general neurosurgery practice and subspecialist interests in spinal surgery and vascular neurosurgery. He is the chair of the regional spine MDT and holds clinical lead positions for metastatic spinal cord compression, undergraduate teaching and neurotrauma. He is the clinical lead for the regional neurosurgery unit. He trained in London in neurosurgery 2005-2012 and undertook a two year period of research into cerebral bloodflow and brain tumours 2008-2010 as the McKissock Lecturer at St George's University London. In 2011 he was awarded the Norman Dott Medal for the most outstanding performance in the FRCS (Neurosurgery) exams. He visited the Barrow Neurological Institute in 2012 as the Marjorie Newsome Travelling Fellow. He was appointed as a consultant to The Atkinson Morley Wing at St George's in 2012 and also has a private practice based at The Parkside Hospital, Wimbledon.

• Neurosurgery

7th June 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

What can I say..reading the reviews from previous patients sums up this really special gem of a surgeon. From my first meeting on referral from my GP to the point before I went in to hospital to have my brain tumour removed. Mr Matthew Crocker was most assuring, confident and with a great sense of humour. He really put me at ease and I felt safe in the knowledge that he would be carrying out my operation. A real God sent I think. I was discharged 2 days after my op because I felt well enough to go home. I was walking, talking and doing everything as normal, which is shocking considering my skull had been opened up, tumour removed and a plate fitted to replace the damaged skull. A miracle I would say. I have not looked back since them and it's over 3 weeks now. Thanks Matt and God bless you.

11th May 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

There is apparently a saying in the medical world: a surgeon cannot excel at surgery and have an exemplary bedside manner – it is either one or the other. Mr Matthew Crocker is an exception to this rule. He is both an exceptional surgeon and possesses the most reassuring and positive demeanour, which along with his sense of humour, put me entirely at ease. Thanks to him I am on the road to a full recovery. With every faith and confidence in him, I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this gem of a surgeon.

31st March 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mathew Crocker proved to be an excellent surgeon and all my contact with him was done professionally and it's clear that the support team around him also respond to his enthusiasm and professionalism. His personal manner and sense of humour made the experience much more comfortable than it might have been. My recovery has been excellent with the removal of most of the many symptoms I originally had.

25th March 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was referred to Mr Crocker in December, following a diagnosis of a meningioma. His clear, professional explanation and dry sense of humour gave me the greatest confidence in his ability, and I enjoyed a worry-free Christmas! He arranged the surgery quickly, which was performed by him and his excellent team in January. I am now swimming, playing the violin and digging my allotment only eight weeks after major surgery - a tribute to his skill. I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment I received at St George's.

26th February 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

No improvement needed as mr Crocker was so helpful with my questions and queries about my operation even after a successful operation. Also to add I have emailed with a question to which he responded really quickly,I would recommend him to any patient as he is so helpful and responsive to any off your problems or questions and he is a fantastic surgeon.

Nearest Neurosurgeons