mr-matija-krkovic-md-phd

Mr Matija Krkovic, MD, PhD

Written by a carer at Addenbrooke's Hospital
23rd August 2020

Mr Krkovic treated my daughter for a badly broken ankle following an accident and surgery abroad. A TSF was used and for 8 months she was non-weight bearing on the damaged leg. Throughout the process Mr Krkovic explained clearly what options she had, and what the treatment would involve, good and bad. She trusted him, and was right to do so. A year on from the accident she is now up and about, walking well, and leading an active life. Mr Krkovic has done an amazing job. We are very grateful!

Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital
16th May 2020

Excellent care. I have had 2 total knee replacements from Mr. Matija Krkovic and both are 100% successful. I had total support and encouragement throughout my treatment. Thank you.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
3rd April 2020

Mr krkovic was a very understanding consultant, very thorough with his consultation and explained the procedure, was happy to answer all my questions and put me at ease, would definitely recommend my krkovic as a surgeon, he accommodates the patients needs and nothing is too much trouble

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
30th March 2020

On the last day of May 2019 I tumbled backwards down a steep flight of stairs badly smashing my lower right leg and ankle. I was introduced to Mr Krkovic at Addenbrookes Hospital just before I was transferred to the Nuffled Hospital where he operated on me to fix a TSF frame. Throughout the subsequent nine months my wife and I saw Mr Krkovic a number of times and found him very easy to talk to, helpful, and caring He encouraged me throughout my convalescence and when the frame was removed he gave me the confidence to get mobile once more. I am still using a stick some of the time, but he tells me I will continue to improve and I have every faith in his judgement. What he did for me was truly amazing and I will forever be grateful to him.

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
26th March 2020

I had a serious accident at the isle of man TT in 2015 and had a lisfranc fracture of the foot, Tibia, Fibula and humorous all smashed along with a head injury. I attended a doctor in Belfast for the following 2 years and had my injuries fixed apart from my Tibia and Fibula. It was at that point I contacted Mr Krkovic and arranged to see him. I had to have several operations with him due to the complexity of the breaks and because I had infections but on 12th June 2019 I eventually got the cage removed and have never looked back. Little over a year ago I was asking him to amputate my leg and thankfully down to him talking me round now I'm beginning to be able to run again. I really can not speak highly enough of MrKrkovic and how he dealt with me. HE IS THE BEST!!!!!

My main interest is orthopaedic trauma of lower extremities with a special emphasis on complex injuries and posttraumatic sequelae of the lower leg. These are also the areas of my medico-legal expertise. Apart from the standard Orthopaedic Trauma procedures I regularly perform limb lengthening procedures. For amputees with difficulties wearing a socket prosthesis I offer possibility of Osseointegration surgery. More details about my work can be found on my website www.limbreconstructions.com.

Short link to review Mr Matija Krkovic, MD, PhD: http://iwgc.net/ehtmk