Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

2nd November 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I had laser eye surgery only 7 days ago performed by Mark and his team. Right from the early consulation Mark listened to my needs and gave me as much time as I needed to discuss and explain everything to me before I agreed to the procedure. The procedure went very well and he has a great calming nature which puts you at ease before and during treatment. The best part would have to be the aftercare shown has been second to none by Mark and also Optegra and I couldn’t recommend highly enough.

27th November 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for your kind words & recommendations

25th October 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

Mark is an excellent communicator and his proficiency and experience in eye surgery is most reassuring.

25th October 2017

28th September 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I had lens replacement surgery to both eyes in September 2017 within a week of each other. You do not mess with your eyes! so I sort out the best in Mark Wevill and his team. Everything was explained to me throughout the whole procedure and all my questions answered. I had problems with long vision, especially on the Golf Course! This is now a thing of the past and the results are unbelievable with colours and brightness quite incredible. I could not be more pleased. Is there a downside? Yes the number of eye drops you need to apply, following surgery, however this is an absolute necessity to ensure that there is no complications. Mark Wevill was recommended to me by a golfing friend and I have no hesitation in recommending him and his team. Thank You to you all.

12th October 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm pleased you're so happy with your vision and I hope your handicap is better too!

6th September 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

Mark Wevill is an excellent surgeon. He operated on my eye and I am very pleased with the surgery taken by Mr Wevill. He is a very good listener who always listen to his patients first before giving them any advice . I would recommend Mr Wevill to any one who needs any advice about their eye sight problem. He is certainly the best. Thank you.

8th September 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm pleased you're so pleased with your eyes and thank you for your kind words.

1st September 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I first had lasek laser surgery with Mark in December 2013. The surgery went very well and Mark and his team were incredibly helpful and explained everything that would happen before, during and after the surgery. The aftercare was brilliant. I was concerned as it took quite a while for my vision to improve. Mark, and his team, couldn't have been better with their advice and their aftercare treatment. I had a top-up treatment in 2017 as I still had a small amount of short shortsightedness after my first treatment. Again, Mark and his team were fantastic throughout and I now have brilliant vision.

8th September 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

We pride ourselves on good aftercare so thank you for mentioning it and I'm so pleased you found it to be brilliant and your vision too.

Nearest Ophthalmologists