Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

26th August 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

I am so happy that I have choosen Optegra for my LASIK for both eyes. From beginning to the end the process has been smooth and transparent. Staff was great too! You just have to read the leaflets and follow instruction pre and post surgery.When I met Mark I was a bit nervous but I think he explained everything in detail and put you at ease. I got confidence to go through the surgery which was short and quick. It’s amazing when you can see everything clearly without having to wear your lenses and glasses. I hope to bring my daughter after 7 years when she is 21.

31st August 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Great, I'm so pleased you're happy with your result & I look forward to meeting your daughter too. And some good news is that laser has been shown to be safe and effective from 18 onwards and Optegra's policy has changed accordingly.

10th August 2018

11th August 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you & well done for taking the big step to get it done. I'm pleased you're enjoying the results so much!

24th July 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

I cannot recommend Mr Wevill enough. The eye surgery was carried out in a totally professional way by Mark and the team and the aftercare was also excellent. I can’t thank Mark enough it’s changed my life. Regards Colleen

4th July 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

I went to see Mark Wevell eight months ago where I had a lengthy and thorough consultation and decided to go for Refractive Lens Exchange as I just wanted never to wear glasses again, it also had the added bonus of never forming cataracts. I felt absolutely confident with Mark , he was very professional, informative, and made me feel confident and relaxed. Looking back now, I was so nervous despite the fact Mark was so lovely, I just kept thinking it's my eyes and you only get one pair! I have to admit as the day of surgery arrived I was a wreck! Wondering what if? I was in surgery about twelve minutes and it felt like two minutes and I didn't feel a thing, it wasn't even an unpleasant experience there was absolutely nothing at all to worry about. The next day when I woke I could see as clear as I could when I was a teenager. I felt privileged to been a candidate for such a life changing experience. Some would say it's expensive but to me you can't put a price on turning back the clock, If I had to do it again to gain the freedom and no more dry sore eyes from contact lenses I would do it again in a heartbeat, with Mark Wevell of course !! The only constructive criticism would be that the reception area felt very sterile, and on the inutial consultation which was on a Saturday morning , the reception staff was very formal a smile would have helped me to relax and feel more welcome.

15th February 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

I have had several procedures over the years ,which unfortunately didn't work for me and left me thinking i would always have to wear glasses . I heard about Optegra and lens replacement and decided to make an appointment to see the surgeon , he was really pleasant and he went through the whole procedure in detail , which fully reasured me and made me decide to go ahead with the procedure. There was absolutely no pain through out and every member of staff I saw were very helpful and kind , especially Mark my surgeon . After going through all the previous procedures my advice for anyone considering having treatment, would be to make an appointment with Mark . You couldn't find a more knowledgeable, professional and caring man who gave me the confidence to go ahead. I am more than delighted with the results and so pleased I no longer have to wear glasses . I only wish I had of done this sooner. Greatest thanks to Mark and the team .

21st February 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thanks and I'm pleased your vision is so good now.

Nearest Ophthalmologists