Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

25th June 2013

Mr. Wevill has a complete understanding of the cataract issue. His diagnosis and corrective surgery have proved to be exactly right and my standard of vision afterwards is just as he predicted. Also very high standards of after care and interest.

6th June 2013

I had been researching corrective eye surgery for the past 10 years as, being a spectacle wearer and a sailor, was a problem in poor weather. I was short sighted (-7), had astigmatism in my left eye and needed reading glasses. If I was to go through the expense of corrective surgery I wanted all the above to be addressed with no compromises. Laser seemed to be the obvious choice but after meeting Mark Wevill at Optegra Birmingham it became clear that Permanent Lens Replacement was the only procedure that could deliver my 'wish list'. Mark explained the pro's, con's and risks associated with both laser and Lens Replacement and answered all my questions honestly and openly. He is clearly a very experienced, knowledgeable, caring surgeon and a perfectionist - a quality you would want in an eye surgeon I believe. The operations to both eyes, a week apart, went well with Mark explaining what he was doing and making sure I was comfortable and at ease throughout the procedure. I did have an issue with raised pressure in my left eye after the operation which Mark quickly diagnosed and successfully treated. I have now been discharged by Mark with excellent results in distance and reading vision in both eyes - something not possible with laser correction with my eyesight. It has been one of my best decisions in having Permanent Lens Replacement and an even better decision in choosing Mark as my surgeon and his team at Optegra Birmingham - I can't fault the guy, plus, he's a jolly nice chap!!

Nearest Ophthalmologists