Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

3rd August 2013
Written by a patient at Optegra

My experience having lens replacement was life changing, I have gone from wearing varifocal specs to not wearing any. The procedure was easy, and virtually no discomfort, every member of staff was caring and helpful.

2nd August 2013
Written by a patient at Optegra

Mark Wevill is a calm, efficient, presence in the consulting room and the operating theatre. He does not promise miracles but delivers them anyway! It has been eight weeks since the procedure on my second eye and my sight continues to improve. I could drive and sew without glasses within two weeks but, as things continue to settle, I find that reading small print is easier and - only today - I found that I was able to use a duel screen computer set-up without any thought at all (just a quick swivel of the head). I would recommend lens replacement surgery to anyone and, if you have a choice of surgeon, you simply cannot go wrong with Mark. From initial consultation to post-op follow-up, the process is not *nearly* as scary as you think it will be. I suffered *no* pain at any time and always felt full confidence in the surgical and nursing staff at Birmingham Optegra.

25th July 2013
Written by a patient at Optegra

I would like to say a big thank you to mark Wevill . My life as changed completly,I can see to read and drive without glasses or contact lenses . It's great to get up in the morning and not have to put glasses on .

25th June 2013

Mr. Wevill has a complete understanding of the cataract issue. His diagnosis and corrective surgery have proved to be exactly right and my standard of vision afterwards is just as he predicted. Also very high standards of after care and interest.

6th June 2013

I had been researching corrective eye surgery for the past 10 years as, being a spectacle wearer and a sailor, was a problem in poor weather. I was short sighted (-7), had astigmatism in my left eye and needed reading glasses. If I was to go through the expense of corrective surgery I wanted all the above to be addressed with no compromises. Laser seemed to be the obvious choice but after meeting Mark Wevill at Optegra Birmingham it became clear that Permanent Lens Replacement was the only procedure that could deliver my 'wish list'. Mark explained the pro's, con's and risks associated with both laser and Lens Replacement and answered all my questions honestly and openly. He is clearly a very experienced, knowledgeable, caring surgeon and a perfectionist - a quality you would want in an eye surgeon I believe. The operations to both eyes, a week apart, went well with Mark explaining what he was doing and making sure I was comfortable and at ease throughout the procedure. I did have an issue with raised pressure in my left eye after the operation which Mark quickly diagnosed and successfully treated. I have now been discharged by Mark with excellent results in distance and reading vision in both eyes - something not possible with laser correction with my eyesight. It has been one of my best decisions in having Permanent Lens Replacement and an even better decision in choosing Mark as my surgeon and his team at Optegra Birmingham - I can't fault the guy, plus, he's a jolly nice chap!!

Nearest Ophthalmologists