Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

10th October 2013
Written by a patient at Optegra

I would recommend Mark Wevill to anyone considering refractive lens replacement. He has a friendly manner that puts you at ease and clearly explains what he is doing. I was unlucky that I had some complications but Mark dealt with them quickly and calmly and was always positive and upbeat. I had to return several times for follow up visits but Mark always reassured me and I had great faith in him. Having worn glasses since aged 8 for short sight and later for reading I am delighted with the final outcome and just love being glasses free.

26th September 2013
Written by a patient at Optegra

Mark spent a long time explaining the different options and made sure that I understood all the possible benifits and pitfalls, he then sent me off to consider the options, we had a second consultation to clarify what I needed and that my expectations were realistic. The procedure was easy and pain free, the follow up visits have also been of the highest quality. I would be very happy to recommend Mark and Optegra to anyone.

3rd August 2013
Written by a patient at Optegra

My experience having lens replacement was life changing, I have gone from wearing varifocal specs to not wearing any. The procedure was easy, and virtually no discomfort, every member of staff was caring and helpful.

2nd August 2013
Written by a patient at Optegra

Mark Wevill is a calm, efficient, presence in the consulting room and the operating theatre. He does not promise miracles but delivers them anyway! It has been eight weeks since the procedure on my second eye and my sight continues to improve. I could drive and sew without glasses within two weeks but, as things continue to settle, I find that reading small print is easier and - only today - I found that I was able to use a duel screen computer set-up without any thought at all (just a quick swivel of the head). I would recommend lens replacement surgery to anyone and, if you have a choice of surgeon, you simply cannot go wrong with Mark. From initial consultation to post-op follow-up, the process is not *nearly* as scary as you think it will be. I suffered *no* pain at any time and always felt full confidence in the surgical and nursing staff at Birmingham Optegra.

25th July 2013
Written by a patient at Optegra

I would like to say a big thank you to mark Wevill . My life as changed completly,I can see to read and drive without glasses or contact lenses . It's great to get up in the morning and not have to put glasses on .

Nearest Ophthalmologists