mr-mark-wevill

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

27th May 2020

The whole experience from start to finish was perfect and I couldn't have wished for better treatment from ALL of the staff. Despite his experience and expertise Mark was very approachable and explained everything in layman's terms. There was no hesitation in answering some probing questions as to why the particular option was recommended or what the possible outcomes might be.

28th May 2020
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you, I'm pleased the whole experience and the results were great

25th May 2020

I had LASEK surgery on both eyes in December 2019. I also had some specific laser eye surgery limitations as part of my job. Mr Wevill has been performing Opthalmic and laser eye surgery since 1996 and has over 20,000 procedures to his name so is clearly a very experienced surgeon. Mr Wevill was professional, courteous and informative throughout. He took any concerns I had into consideration and quickly allayed any apprehensions by explaining them an understandable style. This quickly gained my confidence in his ability. The procedure itself was painless, quick and following the immediate post-operation period, I now have slightly better than 6/6 uncorrected vision which has completely transformed my visual ability. I have also suffered no ill effects. In the words of the Optometrist at the 3 month post-op examination: "I can't even tell you've had any surgery, he's done a great job" There surely can be no higher praise? A special mention must also go to the team of nurses who supported Mr Wevill to perform his work. They were equally as professional and empathetic throughout and receive my highest praise and thanks. In all, I would recommend Mr Wevill in the highest terms as a surgeon and a professional. Thanks to you and the team, best of luck in the future.

28th May 2020
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thanks for your kind words & I'll pass on your thanks to the team

7th May 2020

I got my eyes done (LASIK) in December. Mr Wevill and his team were amazing and professional. Answered all of my questions and put me at ease during the procedure. Aftercare was fantastic. Would definitely recommend.

11th May 2020
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thanks for the compliments & I'm pleased you had a good experience and result.

28th April 2020

From start to finish the information sharing , the staff interaction and the reassurance provided by Mark Wevilland his Optegra team was exemplary. To say I was nervous about handing over control of my eyesight to someone that I had only ever read about is probably the biggest understatement ever. However frustration and exasperation with either , losing glasses , forgetting glasses or repeatedly taking them off and on motivated me to make the necessary enquires and attend the free consultation that was on offer. From that initial assessment of my eyes my determination grew to proceed with Lens replacement surgery. I was still nervous but I was reassured . Meeting Mark Wevill was pivotal in consolidating my decision to definitely have the surgery. He was warm , confident , positive and approachable. What impressed me most was his personal attention to detail he was attentive and I felt he took time to individualise my care. Following my surgery his follow up and aftercare service was also reassuring . He rang to check on my well being and progress and I was able to personally contact him. The outcome of my Lens replacement surgery is all I hoped it would be , I have excellent vision , I am able to read short and long distance , no fumbling around or groping for spectacles and no more squinting of eyes . It is not an inexpensive procedure , but for me the describe factor was what price can you put on good eyesight ? My quality of life has improved significantly and You can’t put a price on that .

1st May 2020
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

What a lovely review, thank you so much!

27th April 2020

I have been wearing glasses from the day I was born, I had been doing a lot of research into what procedure was right for me, this was ( ICL) after confirming this Dr Wevill explained both positives and negatives of the operation, listened to any concerns I had. The atmosphere was relaxed and I enjoyed having a laugh , all the staff showed their personality’s and this made for comfortable atmosphere. Dr Wevill on the day of the Procedure made me feel at ease. There was some great tunes playing on the radio. The overall care and professional manner made this experience outstanding and the ability to contact Mark anytime to discuss any concerns. This makes me feel that care is at the forefront.

1st May 2020
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm pleased you enjoyed my playlist & thanks for your kind words!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Mark Wevill was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences. And he regularly works in Eye Hospitals in Africa. www.LaserEyeSurgeryBirmingham.com 0121 4870877

Nearest Ophthalmologists