mr-mark-wevill

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

16th December 2020

Having worn glasses since the age of 15 and reached the age of 59 with cataracts in both eyes and such poor sight - both long and short distance - that my optician had told me I was ‘barely legal’ to drive, I was also struggling to read labels on tins at the supermarket or even the speedometer on my dashboard. I couldn’t see my music to play the piano with my glasses on or off and varifocals just made me feel dizzy. On the recommendation of a friend who, like me had had cataracts, short sight and astigmatism, I contacted Optegra and was lucky enough to have Mark as my consultant. From the outset he was positive yet honest as to what could be achieved. He answered all my questions patiently. I liked that he outlined a ‘plan A’ and also a ‘plan B’ - I was happy with both options so went with multi focal lens replacement to correct both long and short sight. The operations were a week apart and I was very well looked after at all times. Mark is calm and reassuring and rang me in the evening to check I was ok. After the first eye I became allergic to the eye drops, which caused some pain and blurring but Mark immediately picked it up, changed the drops and the problem was resolved. I was stunned after the second eye as my vision was perfect straight away. My home optician was amazed at the results - 20/20 vision and a new life! I whole heartedly recommend Optegra and Mark. I have recently returned for a YAG laser top up procedure on both eyes as I had experienced some mild blurring. Again Mark answered all my questions and allayed my fears. The procedure was quick and painless and I was able to drive and resume normal activities the following day. Having my sight back has changed my life - best thing I ever did!

17th December 2020
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thanks for your kind words & I'm pleased you're enjoying your new eyes so much. Merry Christmas & a happy New Year to you!

12th December 2020

My eyesight started to deteriorate at the age of 50, which is pretty common. Reading glasses to start with progressing to vari-focals addressed the issue, but having to wear glasses became the Bain of my life. Constantly misplacing them, having to clean them etc. Nine days after lens replacement surgery to my left eye and two after the right and I cannot believe the results. The first check on my left had me reading the bottom line on the optician’s reader - amazing and I feel like I have a similar result with the right eye. The whole team at Optegra were very reassuring and answered all of my questions, but special praise for Mark Wevill, the surgeon, whose calm, reassuring professionalism took away the worries. Although the short 10-15 minute operation was not an entirely pleasant experience, it was not painful and the results made it so worthwhile. Mark followed up with a call later that evening to check how I was, leaving his direct contact number if I needed him for any problems or issues. So far, so brilliant. Thanks to Mark and the team at Optegra - no more glasses. My wife, who’s also had it done a week prior, has now reduced the type size on her iPhone!!! Enough said.

12th December 2020
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm so pleased for both of you & thanks for the great review

24th November 2020

I have been a glasses wearer for 42 years and have always hated wearing them! I was a contact lense wearer off and on for 30 years but never felt comfortable as I had quite dry eyes. I was always intrigued about laser surgery but was so scared to even go in to see if I was suitable! This year in January I had a surge of courage to go and have an assessment I decided to go to 2 companies Optegra were the second company and after my wife’s intensive research we liked what we read about Mark Wavell. It wasn’t until we walked in and the reception we got from all employees we felt so comfortable and relaxed , the professional approach was second to none. Mark Wavell was the icing on the cake . Don’t get me wrong I was still nervous but all the staff made it an easy and comfortable experience. I wish I had the nerve years ago. Mark I would like to say thank you for giving me my freedom.

30th November 2020
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

... and I would like to say thank you for your trust and kind words!

22nd November 2020

I am very grateful to Mark for making the laser eye surgery as pleasent experience as could be! Mark answered all of our questions in the consultations leading up to surgery and put me at ease. On the day of surgery I was quite nervous but Mark and his team were really kind and helped calmed my nerves so that the surgery could go ahead with no issues. The whole process was over in around 15 minutes. Mark checked in with us the same day to check me and my partner, who had also had surgery with Mark that day, were OK which we were. The first few hours after surgery were very painful but definitely worth it for perfect vision. I havent had any issues or problems since surgery and am enjoying the freedom of not having to wear lenses or glasses ever again. I would fully recommend laser eye surgery with Mark especially if you are a bit nervous about the process as Mark is very competent and experience and will put you at ease.

30th November 2020
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for your recommending me and I'm pleased you're both so happy with your vision

17th November 2020

Mark Wevill has changed my life!! Having Lasik was the best decision I’ve made in my entire life. Dr. Weill was very thorough with explaining the procedure e.g. benefits, risks, possible side effects etc and very friendly. I haven’t experienced any side effects or complications everything has been textbook perfect for me. Thank you so much Dr. Wevill. I’ve recommended you to everyone I know who wears glasses haha

30th November 2020
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you, I'm pleased your eyes have healed well & you're enjoying your new vision so much!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Mark Wevill was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences. And he regularly works in Eye Hospitals in Africa.

Nearest Ophthalmologists