mr-mark-wevill

26th December 2021

I had LASEK performed by Mark after carefully reviewing other surgeons & options. The initial consultation was very helpful and at no point did I feel pressured into having the laser eye surgery done. Mark was very knowledgeable and made sure I was completely aware of the risks. When I had the surgery done I felt like I was in safe hands, and everything went very smoothly with an extremely quick recovery process. Mark called me regularly to check up on how I was doing, which was very much appreciated and made me feel like I wasn't alone should anything go wrong; he was also very clear that if I had any concerns or problems I can call him at any time. My vision is now excellent and I am really glad I paid a bit extra (compared to say a high street opticians) for the service I received from a highly professional and experienced surgeon.

11th January 2022
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for trusting me with your precious sight & I'm pleased you felt cared for and are seeing so well!

11th January 2022

9th November 2021

My wife and I, had replacement lens surgery Jan 2020 and were so pleased with the results after wearing contact lens for about 30 years. I could not believe how smooth it all went, early cataracts done at the same time. Brilliant man. November 2021 after slight blurrIness - which apparently is quite normal for some people after the operation - I contacted Mark again and he recommended laser (Yag) surgery, within the week I had the treatment which was painless and took only a few minutes and was a complete success. I can't recommend Mark highly enough, he is a very pleasant man, thorough with explanations and I trust implicitly. Thank you once again Mark, John & Sue Sharpe

1st December 2021
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm pleased you're seeing well again and thank you for the compliments! Best wishes to yourself & Sue

12th September 2021

I had been putting off getting my vision corrected for several years because it felt like too big a risk and I wasn’t sure which eye surgeon I could trust with the task. Right after the consultation appointment, I was sure that Mark Wevill was someone I could trust. He was clear about the potential outcomes and possible side-effects of the different types of vision correction techniques. He patiently answered all my questions (I had a long list). It put me at ease to know that he was being very honest with the facts and wasn’t trying to influence my decision. I decided to go ahead with LASIK for both eyes. However, during the surgery, Mark noticed that the cornea in my left eye had a dystrophy (which had no symptoms and hence wasn’t picked up in any of the tests before) and so LASIK wasn’t an option for that eye but I could get LASEK instead. When he noticed this, he kept very calm and discussed the LASEK option with me. He also gave me the chance to simply postpone the procedure for my left eye to give me more time to think — so there was never any pressure to go ahead with anything I felt uncomfortable with. I went ahead with LASEK on the same day and he called me later that day to ensure that I was feeling okay. It’s been a month since I got my vision corrected (LASEK in the left eye and LASIK in the right) and I am delighted that my vision is better than it was with glasses. I honestly couldn’t recommend Mark Wevill and his entire team (particularly Korin Hennesy) enough!

9th November 2021
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for these many compliments! And I'm pleased you're so happy with the results.

Mr Mark Wevill was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

• Ophthalmology

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences. And he regularly works in Eye Hospitals in Africa. www.LaserEyeSurgeryBirmingham.com 0121 4870877

Short link to review Mr Mark Wevill: http://iwgc.net/ecn62