Mr Mark Chatterton

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

31st May 2017
Written by a patient at Orpington Hospital

A surgeon who not only listens to you, but gives you the time needed to explain everything about your diagnosis and what treatment he recommends. Straight away you feel relaxed and confident in his ability, he builds that trust up between you. His examinations are very through and he makes you feel that you are important and not just a number. He reassures you on your day of surgery, checking you are ok with everything and has a good sense of humour, something I appreciate. I have recommended him to friends and colleagues. If I need more treatment for anything, I am going to definitely be asked to be referred to him after a poor experience with another surgeon.

19th June 2016
Written by a patient at The Princess Royal University Hospital

I had previously had a total hip replacement done at Orpington hospital by Mr Chatterton. I was having physio for bursitis and contacted him through his secretary to ask if it was safe to have an injection. I received an appointment for 2 weeks later. Mr Chatterton is a very caring consultant who explains everything to you. He listened to me. Examined me and had X-rays taken and explained everything on them. My hip is working well and new bone growing around the prosthesis. I did have some numbness in my leg previously but this has now resolved. Mr Chatterton confirmed that I had no fracture or boney deposits growing in muscles and that my muscles were still healing and could take another 9-15 months and that the bursitis should resolve eventually as the muscles heal. There is nothing that can be improved. I have received great service and would not hesitate to recommend Mr Chatterton to others.

Short link to review Mr Mark Chatterton: http://iwgc.net/eeouc