mr-marcus-cope

15th December 2021

excellent surgeon excellent team at renacres hospital two new knees in two months new life no pain can not thank them enough

13th December 2021

Five star treatment from Mr Cope and the team at Renacres. Would highly recommend.

11th December 2021

Polite, helpful

Written by a private patient at Renacres Hospital
9th December 2021

A great experience at Renacres from the minute I walked in. Mr Cope was very professional and friendly. He listened to my concerns, explained the way forward and answered all my questions, no matter how ‘silly’ they may have seemed. Totally reassuring and gained my confidence immediately. On the day of my procedure, I was kept fully informed of what was happening and was visited after the procedure to confirm how everything went. I was also visited the next day to update me on my results. At the 6 weeks appointment Mr Cope went over everything, asked if any concerns and again, I had the opportunity to ask any questions. I didn’t feel rushed or pressured, it was a great appointment and my recovery is going great. I was given another appointment and advised to call if there were any problems. I would definitely recommend Mr Cope as he is approachable, open and friendly and puts your mind at ease. My only minor suggestion, even though I do have a follow up appointment in 6 months, would be it would be nicer to see him at maybe 3 months. I only suggest this as, with most procedures, you don’t know if something small that may be concerning you is right or wrong and you would prefer to see your consultant rather than your GP.

Mr Marcus Cope was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

I am a high volume hip and knee replacement surgeon, performing about 500 hips and knees a year. I have previously worked at Southport and Ormskirk DGH from 2007 to 2017 and was the Clinical Director for the last three years.

I now work full time in the private sector seeing NHS (choose and book patients) and private patients. My time is split between two hospitals in the Ramsay group.

I can be seen at Renacres Hall Hospital (Ormskirk and Southport) and Fulwood Hall Hospital (Preston).

Short link to review Mr Marcus Cope: http://iwgc.net/e6es