mr-marcus-cope

Written by a patient at Renacres Hospital
5th May 2020

I had a total knee replacement 9 months ago after falling on it several times. I'm 58 and wondered if I should wait a while, but took Mr Cope's advice. The procedure went really well. I was determined to get the knee bending as soon as possible, so I did everything the team advised and I was discharged from physio after 3 weeks. With a lot of determination I was walking about happily after a few weeks and after 3 months I was doing everything I needed to. I'm thrilled with my new knee and can't praise the team enough. Mr Cope totally put me at ease with his caring manner and expertise and I express my heartfelt thanks.

Written by a patient at Euxton Hall Hospital
24th April 2020

I had my final check up a couple of months ago after having TKR I had got to the stage of walking with my leg bent all the time & struggling with normal tasks. I didn't think despite only being 59 years of age that I would do normal things again. My heartfelt thanks to Marcus Cope, Dr Ali Al-kaysi & the rest of the team for the wonderful care that I received. Exercise, rest, elevation & ice are all important to help with recovery. I was back driving at 6 weeks, and back to work full time after three months. Even back to Ballroom dancing after my six month check up. I'll not hesitate when my other knee needs replacing.

Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital
15th March 2020

I had a new hip and knee within six months of each other . Mr Cope was very professional and left me feeling totally at ease. I have nothing but praise for my treatment during my stay at Fulwood

Written by a patient at Renacres Hospital
9th March 2020

with the exception of bowel condition which occurred after my knee operation and resulted in me being transferred to Southport Hospital, the procedure by Mr Cope was first class.

Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital
4th March 2020

i had my first knee replaced in 2019 and it whent great and had my other knee done in2020 after 7 weeks the inside of my second knee was a bit tender but mr cope said it will setel down and i think it will because he tell you as it is

Mr Marcus Cope was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

I am a high volume hip and knee replacement surgeon, performing about 500 hips and knees a year. I have previously worked at Southport and Ormskirk DGH from 2007 to 2017 and was the Clinical Director for the last three years. I now work full time in the private sector seeing NHS (choose and book patients) and private patients. My time is split between three hospitals in the Ramsay group. I can be seen at Renacres Hall Hospital (Ormskirk and Southport), Fulwood Hall Hospital (Preston) and Euxton Hall Hospital (Chorley).

Short link to review Mr Marcus Cope: http://iwgc.net/e6es