mr-marcus-cope

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a NHS patient at Renacres Hospital
2nd April 2021

Having been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis, I had been struggling with severe knee pain & difficulty walking for many years, following a visit to my GP, I was very fortunate to be refered to Mr Cope at Renacres with the NHS. Mr Cope did a full knee replacement, I was up & about walking soon after the operation & was home a couple of days later. Recovery from the operation went very smoothly & I regained the mobility that I had lost a long time ago. My other knee was in a similar poor condition & following another referral, I was again fortunate to have Mr Cope as my Consultant - I had another full knee replacement with exactly the same top quality outcome for which I am extremely grateful. Thank you Mr Cope for the superb care that I received from you & your team at Renacres.

Written by a NHS patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital
24th March 2021

I had a total knee replacement by Mr. cope on 4th February 2021. I had been suffering with a painful knee that I couldn’t straighten for a number of years . I am now 7 weeks after surgery and doing very well, Physiotherapy exercises are extremely important to a good outcome. Mr. Cope listened to all my questions about the surgery and explained the procedure and what to expect in the weeks and months to follow. I showed interest in the mechanics of the joint, Mr. Cope showed me the x-ray images and thoroughly explained each component of the joint. I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone.

Written by a private patient at Renacres Hospital
3rd March 2021

After struggling with hip pain for some time I plucked up courage to go ahead with a hip replacement. I met Mr Cope at Renacres Hospital and felt very confident that he would be the right surgeon for me. ( He had been recommended to my by a friend ) . The operation was planned for April 2020 but unfortunately the Covid lockdown meant that my operation was delayed until July. The hospital was committed to assist the NHS and no operations were being performed. As soon as it was possible Mr Cope arranged for my admission and my operation was performed a few hours later. I had spinal anaesthesia and sedation. I didn’t feel any pain or hear any disturbing noises! The care I received by the nursing team was excellent and I was walking around the room 15 hours later helped by a physiotherapist. An X ray showed the prosthesis was in a perfect position and I was discharged after 3 days with pain medication and exercise instructions. I needed mild pain relief for a couple of weeks but I was amazed that I felt so well. The nagging debilitating pain of osteoarthritis had gone completely. I have now had two follow up appointments with Mr Cope and I feel delighted that my hip replacement has been so successful. Mr Cope is a talented surgeon and he cares about his patients . I have no hesitation in recommending him to others who need a new hip.

Written by a NHS patient at Renacres Hospital
27th February 2021

On Friday, 28 February 2020, Mr Marcus Cope provided me with a new left hip – a total hip replacement. I was walking by Sunday and climbing stairs and discharged on Monday. To say that the operation was transformational is not an exaggeration. It truly was life changing. Before the operation I had constant hip pain when doing just about everything. From sitting to standing and the ‘getting up’ bit in between; walking, riding my bike, all of the things I enjoyed were blighted by the pain. And I limped! I couldn’t walk without limping. Post operation there was some swelling which, with care, reduced and disappeared over time. But from day one I was able to walk pain free. My other pain eased and when I was finally allowed on my bike that was pain free too. I have to say that I had been doing muscle strengthening exercises with my own Physiotherapist prior to my operation and have continued these and other exercises provided by the Renacres Hall Hospital Physiotherapy team EVERY day since my operation 12 months ago. This has aided my recovery. I am able to do all of the things that were denied me prior to the operation because of pain. Walking (8-10,000 steps a day), cycling and just generally returning to a full life at 76 years old. I am so grateful to Mr Cope and his team at Renacres Hall Hospital for my new lease of life. Thankyou.

Written by a private patient at Renacres Hospital
23rd February 2021

From the very first appointment Mr Cope listened and immediately understood my problem and quickly reassured me that it could be resolved through a surgical procedure. I underwent a partial knee operation. This was carried out expertly by Mr Cope resulting in a superb outcome 5 weeks after surgery walking without aid, ! I cannot thank him enough from start to finish amazing! And highly recommended Mr Cope thank you.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Marcus Cope was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

I am a high volume hip and knee replacement surgeon, performing about 500 hips and knees a year. I have previously worked at Southport and Ormskirk DGH from 2007 to 2017 and was the Clinical Director for the last three years. I now work full time in the private sector seeing NHS (choose and book patients) and private patients. My time is split between two hospitals in the Ramsay group. I can be seen at Renacres Hall Hospital (Ormskirk and Southport) and Fulwood Hall Hospital (Preston).

Short link to review Mr Marcus Cope: http://iwgc.net/e6es