Mr Marcus Cope

I am a high volume hip and knee replacement surgeon, performing about 500 hips and knees a year. I have previously worked at Southport and Ormskirk DGH from 2007 to 2017 and was the Clinical Director for the last three years. I now work full time in the private sector seeing NHS (choose and book patients) and private patients. My time is split between three hospitals in the Ramsay group. I can be seen at Renacres Hall Hospital (Ormskirk and Southport), Fulwood Hall Hospital (Preston) and Euxton Hall Hospital (Chorley).

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

13th February 2019
Written by a patient at Renacres Hospital

I suffered with severe pain in my left knee for a number of years and was prescribed various gels and painkillers by my GP, which did nothing to alleviate the pain. I decided to seek help privately and was referred to Mr Cope. Straight away it was obvious that he knew what was wrong. Consulting xray images he highlighted the differences between my good knee and the problem one showing considerable wear to the inner side of the left knee. Rather than opt straight away for surgery, he gave me the option of trying cortisone injection treatment. We did this and my knee returned to normal for about two years allowing me to return to my fairly active lifestyle. Unfortunately, further course of treatment did not have the desired effect and surgery to replace the injured part of the knee was inevitable. Throughout the process Mr Cope was supportive and exremely affable in his approach making him really easy to talk to. More importantly he listened and acted straight away on concerns I raised regarding aneasthitics and mobility issues. The operation was a complete success and I was back at work after about four weeks. Scarring is minimal. The aftercare afforded by Mr Cope was equally outstanding. I would highly reccommend Mr Cope to anyone requiring orthopaedic treatment.

2nd February 2019
Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital

Mr Cope was very professional,and gave me confidence.He and his team were brilliant.The operation went well and he and the anethertist come to see me later on in the day to tell me what he had done . The work for me then began.I would have no hesitation to have Mr Cope opperate on my other knee when it becomes necessary.Everybody involved with my care I could not fault. I have a very neat scar, you can hardly see it.Best of all I have full movement and like brand new . I have a young grandchild with whom I can play with which makes the operation worth it, it was also not as painful as I thought . After my 6 week check up I have gone from strength to strength. Thank you Mr Cope.

30th January 2019
Written by a patient at Euxton Hall Hospital

Mr. Cope performed a total knee replacement at beginning of december. I am so pleased. He was patient and understanding and answered all my questions to put me at ease. He is hopefully going to perform same on my other knee later this year.

28th January 2019
Written by a carer at Fulwood Hall Hospital

The reviews for this DR must have all been from patients in a private capacity. My mother had this surgeon for a hip tendon repair. I found him condescending, he DIDNOT listen and was not interested at all in the aftercare. Only interested in referring my mum for pain management. So he messes everything up and then passes the patient on to someone else. Very professional.

16th January 2019
Written by a patient at Euxton Hall Hospital

I had a total hip replacement at the end of November. I was very apprehensive as I had very little experience of being a patient in hospital. The morning of my operation Mr Cope came to see me and told me exactly what was to happen and made me feel much more at ease. The operation went well. At my 6 week visit I was encouraged to get moving more to strengthen the muscles. Mr Cope understood that I was nervous and reassured me that all was well.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »