Mr Marcus Cope

I am a high volume hip and knee replacement surgeon, performing about 500 hips and knees a year. I have previously worked at Southport and Ormskirk DGH from 2007 to 2017 and was the Clinical Director for the last three years. I now work full time in the private sector seeing NHS (choose and book patients) and private patients. My time is split between three hospitals in the Ramsay group. I can be seen at Renacres Hall Hospital (Ormskirk and Southport), Fulwood Hall Hospital (Preston) and Euxton Hall Hospital (Chorley).

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

17th January 2020

From the first time I met Mr Cope I was put completely at ease he was charming and very approachable, I felt very comfortable talking to him . He put me completely at ease .After the operation when I went to see him for the second time he welcomed me with a smile and a handshake once again I was completely at ease he asked me if I had any questions for him we discussed my feeling a lot of pain on my skin and showed me how to ease it. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him.

Written by a patient at Euxton Hall Hospital
31st December 2019

Mr Cope operated on both my left knee and my left hip between December 2018 and June 2019. As you can see from my review I cannot recommend him more highly, he is a very positive person, whilst I must have been one of his most nervous patients, he put me at ease even in theatre. I was back to my usual life and able to drive at six weeks after both operations . I hope I don't need any further orthopaedic treatment,but should that be necessary,I would again ask for Mr Cope, he's second to non!!

Written by a patient at Renacres Hospital
27th December 2019

My Hip Replacement was a great success. I was up walking on 2 crutches the following morning. Returned to work in 3 weeks. Had bruising and soreness behind the knee and back of leg for 1 week after. This was controlled by standard pain killers. Was off all painkillers within 10 days. Excellent care and advice given by Renacres staff. Would highly recommend Mr Cope to anyone who is contemplating hip replacement surgery at Renacres Hospital.

12th December 2019

I'm glad I had mr cope as my surgeon he is an amazing surgeon did my full knee replacement and I've had no worries at all hes done a brilliant job

11th December 2019

Mr Cope was a breath of fresh air. He listened, examined me without assuming my pain was purely the arthritis in my hips as a previous consultant had. An MRI identified inflamed and torn tendons. When cortisone failed to alleviate the pain from the torn tendon Mr Cope recommended surgery At every juncture Mr Cope explained what would happen. He also came to see me after the operation before he went off duty. 2 weeks post op the pain has changed to post op pain and the underlying pain has gone leaving me hopeful for a full recovery.

Short link to review Mr Marcus Cope: http://iwgc.net/e6es