Mr Marcus Cope

I am a high volume hip and knee replacement surgeon, performing about 500 hips and knees a year. I have previously worked at Southport and Ormskirk DGH from 2007 to 2017 and was the Clinical Director for the last three years. I now work full time in the private sector seeing NHS (choose and book patients) and private patients. My time is split between three hospitals in the Ramsay group. I can be seen at Renacres Hall Hospital (Ormskirk and Southport), Fulwood Hall Hospital (Preston) and Euxton Hall Hospital (Chorley).

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

23rd April 2019
Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital

My recent full replacement left knee operation was carried out by Mr Cope. The whole experience from start to finish has been of the highest quality. Mr Cope explained and answered all the questions that was asked of him. He is a very polite and well dressed gentleman,

23rd April 2019
Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital

I recently had a total right hip replacement performed by Mr Marcus Cope at Fulwood Hall Hospital. The procedure was explained fully to me before the operation by Mr Cope and I felt completely at ease as to what was going to happen. The operation went well and I was pleased to say pain was minimal. The care given by Mr Cope and his team before and after the operation was superb.

18th April 2019
Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital

After recently having a total knee replacement I feel I have now been given a new lease of life. I was treated with respect and dignity and everything was explained thoroughly throughout the whole experience. I have just had my six week check up which proved to be successful which was down to the experience and knowledge of Mr Cope and his team. Soon after the operation I maintained a daily routine of exercises which I believe made a vast contribution to my recovery and am now able to walk easily. In only six weeks life has started to get back to normal and I feel energised by the ability to walk without pain and carry out my daily activities. Thank you to Mr Cope and his team at Fulwood Hall I could not have asked for better care.

17th April 2019
Written by a patient at Renacres Hospital

I had both hips replaced by Mr. Cope and his team within a 6 months period, the second one only 6 weeks ago. I am walking without a stick and without a limp for the first time in the last few years. To say I am delighted with the results is a huge understatement. I feel so good that I had to stop myself from breaking into a trot while out walking yesterday! I found Mr. Cope to be professional, kind, a good listener, and happy to answer all questions I brought up, no matter how trivial. I always felt that I mattered both as a patient and as a human being. Likewise with his wonderful team who were all extremely caring and attentive. In fact, everyone with whom I had dealings at Renacres hospital was professional, competent, kind and helpful. Words seem inadequate to express my thanks and appreciation for all that Mr. Cope and the medical staff at Renacres have done for me, but I will be forever grateful to them all. Thank you so much.

16th April 2019
Written by a patient at Renacres Hospital

I underwent my first hip replacement nearly two years ago and to say I was terrified is an understatement. However, Mr. Cope and his team are so professional and empathetic that I have just recently had my other hip replaced. The whole set-up is SO efficient but this is combined with compassion and care. Everyone I came into contact with did their particular role excellently. Both operations went well and after only 6 weeks since my last operation am feeling well and pain free. My mobility is increasing and I do not have the nagging pain of osteoarthritis any more. I can not recommend Mr. Cope and his team highly enough - really top class.

Short link to review Mr Marcus Cope: http://iwgc.net/e6es