Mr Marcus Cope

I am a high volume hip and knee replacement surgeon, performing about 500 hips and knees a year. I have previously worked at Southport and Ormskirk DGH from 2007 to 2017 and was the Clinical Director for the last three years. I now work full time in the private sector seeing NHS (choose and book patients) and private patients. My time is split between three hospitals in the Ramsay group. I can be seen at Renacres Hall Hospital (Ormskirk and Southport), Fulwood Hall Hospital (Preston) and Euxton Hall Hospital (Chorley).

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital

Mr Cope listens and post op if you have concerns you can contact the hospital for advice / help And you get his feedback via the staff on the ward which I found very reassuring . I made swift progress with my operated leg after a very efficient operation with no post operative infection . Excellent care there. You get to see Mr Cope and the anaesthetist before and after the operation and everything gets explained just before your operation which I appreciated as it can be a lonely experience !

Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital

I had a total hip replacement on 17th April 2018 and 6 months on I can only use superlatives to describe this. Mr Cope explains everything clearly, and I was very happy to have him do my op. My recovery has been excellent and because I kept as active as I could right up to having the new hip I found that I returned to normal very quickly. As soon as I started walking the following morning I could tell that I had more movement in the hip, ease of movement and best of all no pain! I am sleeping better, can walk around and exercise normally and have got my life back! The staff at Fulwood Hall were all lovely and very supportive. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Cope and would certainly come back if I need the other one doing.

Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital

MR Cope was very friendly explained everything very well was happy to answer all my questions and concerns.

2nd December 2018
Written by a patient at Renacres Hospital

3rd July 2018
Written by a patient at Renacres Hospital

At my appointment with Mr Cope, under NHS choose and book, at Renacres Hospital, he showed me my x-ray and explained in detail what I was seeing regarding my hip. He explained all the pros and cons of choosing to go ahead at this time with a complete hip replacement and I made the decision to do just that. He then went through all the paperwork carefully and clearly. On my admission I was first on the list and he came to see me shortly after I arrived, and I also saw him in anaesthetics. My operation went very well and I seemed to be back in my room in no time. He visited later than morning and twice more whilst I was there. I have been back for my 6 week check and again, very happy with him and the way I have recovered so well and quickly and the quality of life I have already got back. He has a very good team. I am very grateful to them all.

« 1 2 3 4 »