mr-marcus-cope

14th November 2020

I had a total right hip replacement last year under the care of Mr Cope. The care I received was exceptional. Within the consultations Mr Cope clearly explained the procedure and allayed any anxieties that I had. The operation was a complete success, his skills in orthopedic surgery were apparent as my recovery was pain free and I was able to regain my mobility very quickly. I am now awaiting a left hip replacement under his care and have no concerns about having the procedure. His approach is person centered and he encourages shared decision making. I would like to thank him and his team for all their care and professional skills. The increase in my quality of life since having the surgery has been life changing.

9th November 2020

Mr Cope did my second knee replacement in March. It was great to get it done before lockdown but it meant no in person physio appointment and no 6 week check up. Thankfully, as I'd already gone through the process with my first knee two years ago, I knew what I needed to do and did the walking and physio to get a good outcome. It was probably a bit of a slower process as I couldn't do all the normal stuff that I could do last time but that was a small price to pay for a fully working and pain free knee. I did experience some lower back problems, most likely as a result of walking very differently and, while it didn't stop me walking, it did impact my ability to get on with normal life and get back to my beloved garden. Luckily a local physiotherapist was doing video call appointments and then face to face sessions and it turns out it was purely muscular and not anything more serious. By the time I saw Mr Cope for my 6 month follow up both knee and back were fine but he had said he would examine me if the problem hadn't resolved by then. I always feel that Mr Cope treats me as a person and not just a patient or a knee to fix. I have run out of knees for Mr Cope to replace but he would be my first choice if I needed a hip replacement in the future.

2nd November 2020

Great service from the hospital and Mr Cope, good after care even during Covid.

Written by a patient at Renacres Hospital
16th October 2020

I have had two knee operations 12 months apart by Mr Cope. On both occasions he listened to what I had to say prior to the surgery and gave clear advice on what was needed to sort my problem out. The outcome and care during and after surgery was excellent. I have seen Mr Cope today, have been discharged from my knees as both he and I are extremely pleased with them. He is referring me to a colleague for my back problem. I hope the outcome of this will be as good. I have been very impressed with the level of care I have been given, especially during the Covid pandemic.

Written by a patient at Renacres Hospital
15th September 2020

Excellent experience both during the initial consultation, operation and after care including my latest consultation with Mr Cope this morning. Mr Cope has asked for a further appointment in 6-months time for an update on my progress.

Mr Marcus Cope was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

I am a high volume hip and knee replacement surgeon, performing about 500 hips and knees a year. I have previously worked at Southport and Ormskirk DGH from 2007 to 2017 and was the Clinical Director for the last three years. I now work full time in the private sector seeing NHS (choose and book patients) and private patients. My time is split between three hospitals in the Ramsay group. I can be seen at Renacres Hall Hospital (Ormskirk and Southport), Fulwood Hall Hospital (Preston) and Euxton Hall Hospital (Chorley).

Short link to review Mr Marcus Cope: http://iwgc.net/e6es