Mr Marcus Brooks

Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon Clinical Lead Bristol Bath Weston Vascular Network Former Director Bristol Bath Weston AAA Screening Programme Specialist interests: Endovascular management of aortic disease, including thoracic aneurysm + dissection Minimally invasive treatments for varicose veins

1st April 2019
Written by a patient at Veincentre Bristol

I can totally recommend Mr Brooks for varicose vein treatment having had initial laser treatment on both legs which took around 90 minutes and follow up treatment with foam, again on both legs, which took 30 minutes. On both occasions the treatment was carried out exactly on the appointment time and to the planned duration. Mr Brooks and his support carried out the procedures very efficiently and explained exactly what was being done. On both occasions there was only mild discomfort for periods of seconds at a time which was far less than I had expected and also following the treatment there was only discomfort which I would describe as similar to cramp for a couple of weeks and then a little tenderness after fairly long walks.- now after 4 months no discomfort at all really. I was only treated with the foam today but so far have had little discomfort at all. I really do not have any criticisms of the treatment that I received. If you are thinking of having this treatment I would certainly recommend using Mr. Brooks.

1st April 2019
Written by a patient at Veincentre Bristol

Mr Brooks explained my options and helped me make an informed decision on my treatment. I was very happy with the care given by everyone I had contact with at the clinic. I was given detailed information regarding my recovery and points of contact, although not needed was reassuring to have. I was extremely happy with the result of my treatment, it will make a huge difference to me personally and this important point for me was fully understood by Mr Brooks. I would not hesitate to recommend the clinic or Mr Brooks.

6th December 2018
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

Mr Brooks not only operated on me (arterial grafts) but when one of these subsequently leaked he ensured I was transferred to Heartland hospital in Birmingham where a colleague of his fitted stents to stop the bleeding. Later when the graft became infected he oversaw my intravenous antibiotic regime at Southmead until I was transferred to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham for further surgery. On returning to Southmead Mr Brooks arranged for me to be cared for by the Hospital at Home team, thus allowing me to go home to aid my mental and physical recovery. His professionalism and genuine care for me were constant and reassuring throughout.

23rd October 2017
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

I found Marcus brilliant in what he’s done for me. He told me all what he was going to do, and the positives and negatives. Unfortunately it was unsuccessful due to the veins being of poor quality. I was told to go home and think of two options that was given to me. 1). Live with the discomfort and pain. 2) Amputation. After a good chat with my wife we have decided the best thing for me is amputation of my left leg. I am in constant pain and taking strong medication of which is no doing much. Going to speak to Marcus’s secretary to arrange for the amputation to go ahead. I found Marcus very good in what he does and would highly recommend him for any vascular treatment. Many thanks Nick kuti

22nd September 2016
Written by a patient at Veincentre Bristol

I went to see Mr Brooks about my varicose veins and he treated them with lasers and avulsions - I am a very nervous patient and all through the procedures he put me at my ease. Avulsions are not pleasant to experience but I am over the moon with the result, I no longer have any sign of varicose veins. I am highly recommend Mr Brooks and he would be my vascular surgeon of choice should I need one in the future.

Short link to review Mr Marcus Brooks: http://iwgc.net/eqqf