Mr Manoj Sood

Mr Sood is a leading Specialist Hip and Knee Surgeon who treats all Hip and Knee conditions as well as Sports injuries. He has been in Specialist Consultant Practice for 14 years and has trained internationally including in Centres of Excellence in North America. Recognised as a clear communicator, Mr Sood believes in offering patients jargon-free explanations about their conditions and about all possible treatment options, including those not involving surgery. Whilst he believes passionately in reconstructing and preserving joints and in biological treatments, he is also an expert hip and knee replacement surgeon. He has a referral practice dealing with the most complex and challenging cases including re-doing replacements that have failed. Mr Sood treats all lower limb Sports injuries in athletes and weekend warriors and also has an interest in the treatment of Tendon Pain especially Tendinopathies.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

26th July 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Manor Hospital

I sought a consultation through BMI Healthcare to get a diagnosis on severe pain in my left hip. I knew that I had osteoarthritis from x-rays conducted by the NHS several years ago, but the pain had become so severe, medication was no longer working and my ability to work and maintain an active lifestyle was being adversely affected. I arranged an appointment through BMI to see Mr Sood back in April 2018. Mr Sood proved to be extremely professional throughout the consultation and took a great deal of time to explain the problem from the x-rays and the fact that a total hip replacement was the only realistic option. I was able to book a date for the operation that fitted in with my work commitments some 8 weeks later. I could have had it sooner but this would have been inconvenient. On the day of the operation in June 2018, Mr Sood came to see me before surgery and explain what was going to happen and was happy to answer all of my questions. Following the operation which was late afternoon, Mr Sood came to see me in the evening before going home to explain that everything went well and he was very happy with the results. I had a further 2 appointments with Mr Sood, one to check incision healing 10 days post op, and one at 7 weeks to x-ray the hip and ensure all was good with the implanted joint. On both occasions he continued to be friendly, attentive and approachable, showing a real interest in my recovery progress. What was apparent to me throughout all of my meetings with Mr Sood is that he really cares about his patients, he listens very well and I felt he understood my concerns, frustrations with the pain/poor mobility and what my aspirations were post operation in terms of activities. I would recommend Mr Sood to others requiring hip surgery and should I need further surgery on my other joints in the future (hopefully not!) I would be happy to place my trust in him again. Having a new hip has really started to change my quality of life, even after only 8 weeks, I am in less pain and am more mobile than before the operation. Every day I see a further improvement and am looking forward to getting back on my bike and taking long walks with my Wife and dogs pain free.

24th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Manor Hospital

Mr Sood is very professional and knowledgeable and explains the procedure in detail and willing to answer any questions you may have. I had a total hip replacement in August 2015 which was a great success and lovely to be out of pain.I was very apprehensive about the surgery but Mr Sood put my mind at rest . 6weeks ago I had a total knee replacement and again Mr Sood was marvellous he is very caring and came to see me every day when I was in hospital. I would highly recommend Mr Sood if you are thinking of having a hip or knee replacement you would be in very good hands. Thank you very much.

18th May 2009
Written by a patient at BMI The Manor Hospital

Mr Sood is very approachable and gave me all the facts I needed to make an informed decision regarding my hip resurfacing procedure. I never felt rushed or pressured and felt comfortable asking as many questions as I liked. My procedure was carried out in September 2008 and I would say my resurfaced hip works pretty much as well as my 'good' one. I always used to walk at a fast pace before I experienced hip pain and now I'm pain free and back to walking at top speed and taking the stairs two at a time. I'm glad I went ahead with the procedure and that it was carried out by Mr Sood.

Short link to review Mr Manoj Sood: http://iwgc.net/ef9p