Mr Mahbub Alam

Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon Specialist interests: Knee Surgery, Sports Injuries, Lower Limb Trauma and Hip Arthroplasty

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

11th May 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

I am extremely grateful to Mr Alam for having decided to perform a total knee replacement after he carefully considered my somewhat advanced age and complex medical history. From the very first meeting with Mr Alam, both myself and my wife felt reassured that a successful outcome was attainable despite my circumstances. Now, six weeks after surgery, my improvement is still continuing and I can walk for half an hour on even ground quite pain-free, although with the aid of two crutches/walking sticks. While improvement still continues, I hope to be able to discard all walking aids soon and perhaps carefully join my grandchildren in their garden games. At all stages, Mr Alam's professionalism, patience, supportive and approachable manner were very helpful and greatly appreciated. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Alam to anyone in need of complex knee surgery. I also wish to express my deep gratitude to the Medical and Nursing Staff at King George Hospital, also the COPE Team so helpful after discharge from Hospital.

29th March 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Had a ACL, LCL,PCL done by Mr Alam. The results are nothing short of a miracle. Prior to surgery I had pain when walking and running had become impossible. 2 years later I am now walking pain free and can also run again. I highly recommend him and will forever be thankful to the fantastic op he done on my knee.

22nd March 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I had a ACL,PLC and LCL reconstructive surgery all at the same time by Dr Alam and I till now I still can't believe the results. Prior to my surgery I could no longer run and could only walk with tolerable pain my posture had changed considerably and I had begun walking with a slight posture favouring my good leg. After my Operation and with extensive physiotherapy two years later, I can happily say I am able to walk without any pain and best of all I can run again. The bad posture has completely gone. I have even been able to cycle and coach football! I highly recommend this surgeon and having seen other patients who have had similar operations by other surgeons and not having the same recovery as I have done, lets me know that Dr Alam is exemplary. I cannot stress how much I recommend him. Thank you for everything.

22nd March 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Dr Alam was from the very first meeting informative and helpful, on the day of my operation put me at ease with in depth description of what would be taking place from start to finish

28th February 2017
Written by a patient at Holly House Hospital

Very lovely man. Takes time to listen to your problems, and never rushes you. Examines you extensively, and explains in layman terms what the diagnosis is and the treatment.

5th March 2017