Mr Mahbub Alam

Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon Specialist interests: Knee Surgery, Sports Injuries, Lower Limb Trauma and Hip Arthroplasty

12th October 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I am now awaiting for my Ilizarov frame to be taken off in the operating theatre, I had the injury in March 2016 and since then Mr Alam has been very informative and listened and provided support to me along the way. I have a lot of confidence that after the frame is off I will walk normally again. Although I am getting a little impatient, I understand there is a high demand for other surgeries taken place and I hope I get a slot for my procedure to remove my Ilizarov frame.

28th September 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mr Alam was extremely thorough in explaining the procedure for my total knee replacement . He was very honest about pain involved in this procedure but I knew because of my very high level of confidence in him that the end result would be worth it. And it was!!! Six months after the operation I am back playing golf and table tennis and walking with no pain. I feel I have my life back again. I would like to offer my thanks to him and the teams at Queens Hospital and King George Hospital for the excellent care I received at all times

16th October 2016
Response from Mr Mahbub Alam

That is really good to hear and it has been a pleasure looking after you. And thank you for mentioning my dedicated teams at Queens and King George Hospital - they are a hard working and committed bunch of people. I look forward to hearing if you have improved your handicap when we next meet.

20th September 2016
Written by a patient at Highgate Hospital Ltd

The surgery and after care has been exceptional. Dr Alam has been amazing. He is an extremely easy doctor to talk to who takes the time to listen to my concerns. After leaving my appointment with him I left very happy and not at all worried about my recovery.

4th September 2016
Written by a patient at Holly House Hospital

Mr Mahbub Alam performed my total hip replacement in August 2016, the care I received whilst in hospital and the aftercare were outstanding, I am hoping to return to Mr Alam to have my second hip replacement in the near future.

11th September 2016
Response from Mr Mahbub Alam

It was a real pleasure seeing you do so well in clinic - Significantly improving our patients mobility and quality of life is what drives us Orthopaedic Surgeons. Looking forward to looking after you again!

11th August 2016
Written by a patient at Highgate Hospital Ltd

Mr Alam completed my revision ACL reconstruction earlier this year. He listened to my needs, questions, and anxieties with great care and was able to attend to all of these sympathetically. Mr Alam explained the procedures and situations in great detail, including with visual aids. At this point I am very satisfied with the outcome of my operation. Mr Alam has performed a wonderful job. I highly recommend Mr Alam for orthopaedic surgery, not just for his skill and expertise, but also for his personable manner and sympathetic ear.

19th August 2016
Response from Mr Mahbub Alam

Thank your feedback. My aim is to treat you the way i would want to be treated. Good luck in your new job in the Middle East.

Short link to review Mr Mahbub Alam: http://iwgc.net/efmqn