Mr Mahbub Alam

Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon Specialist interests: Knee Surgery, Sports Injuries, Lower Limb Trauma and Hip Arthroplasty

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

1st September 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I was contacted by Colchester General Hospital to tell me the surgeon who had seen me in consultation for my Total Hip Replacement a while back had a lengthy waiting list & would I like to be treated sooner by Mr Alam. He had only recently arrived at Colchester General and I agreed there & then. I went to pre-assessment for tests & to meet Mr Alam whereby I was struck by his very friendly manner. He took the time to answer all my questions & reservations, fully explain what would be undertaken and even went on to talk about life after a THR. A really personable gentleman. This was in complete contrast to the original consultant who offered very little in spoken word let alone explaining procedures, methods etc. And he was even paid by me as I went private for that consultation. I won't mention him by name but it turns out he was Mr Alams boss at some stage. NB. Please treat your patients with kindness as it is a big thing that they face going through. After a long day waiting for surgery due to complications/delays with other patients, Mr Alam was not able to undertake my surgery. So as to not delay further I was offered another Surgeon Mr Sloper who I accepted. Whilst waiting outside the theatre room, Mr Alam came over to me, apologised this had happened and assured me that Mr Sloper was to carry out the exact same THR with the components we discussed at pre-assessment. I thought that a very nice gesture and it reaffirmed my initial thoughts I had of him. Don't lose your wonderful, calm, easy going bedside manner. It goes a long way Mr Alam. Thank you.

19th August 2017
Written by a patient at Holly House Hospital

I had a consultation with Mr Alam and he recommended a PKR as half of my cartilage was still in good condition. Due to the PKR I had a quicker recovery and was mobile much sooner. After about 4 months I was pain free. I would highly recommend Mr Alam, he put me at ease from the beginning and was very informative through out. Thank you Mr Alam

11th June 2017
Written by a patient at Holly House Hospital

I was anxious about having my second knee replacement surgery but I found it extremely reassuring when Dr Alam talked me through the whole procedure step by step so I knew what to expect. He also explained what to expect during the recovery period to my daughter which enabled her to keep an eye on my recovery should I have any concerns. Me and my daughter felt he was very pleasant and willing to help in any way he could as he had to intervene in pushing for my referral for my post op physic therapy. This operation has been very successful more so than my first knee replacement surgery as my recovery has been excellent. I am feeling a lot more mobile now and I would definitely rate Dr Alam 10/10

11th May 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

I am extremely grateful to Mr Alam for having decided to perform a total knee replacement after he carefully considered my somewhat advanced age and complex medical history. From the very first meeting with Mr Alam, both myself and my wife felt reassured that a successful outcome was attainable despite my circumstances. Now, six weeks after surgery, my improvement is still continuing and I can walk for half an hour on even ground quite pain-free, although with the aid of two crutches/walking sticks. While improvement still continues, I hope to be able to discard all walking aids soon and perhaps carefully join my grandchildren in their garden games. At all stages, Mr Alam's professionalism, patience, supportive and approachable manner were very helpful and greatly appreciated. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Alam to anyone in need of complex knee surgery. I also wish to express my deep gratitude to the Medical and Nursing Staff at King George Hospital, also the COPE Team so helpful after discharge from Hospital.

29th March 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Had a ACL, LCL,PCL done by Mr Alam. The results are nothing short of a miracle. Prior to surgery I had pain when walking and running had become impossible. 2 years later I am now walking pain free and can also run again. I highly recommend him and will forever be thankful to the fantastic op he done on my knee.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »