Mr Luke Cascarini

I am a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Head and Neck Consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital. Head and neck cancer resection and reconstructive surgeon with a special interest in micro surgical reconstruction and custom temporomandibular joint and jaw reconstruction. My Higher surgical training was in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in the South Thames Region including Guys Hospital, Kings Hospital, Queen Victoria’s Hospital East Grinstead, Canterbury Hospital Kent and St Georges Hospital London - Lead Author of 'Oxford Handbook of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery' 2nd Edition. - Co-Author of 'Principles of Surgery' 'Everything you need to know but were frightened to ask!' - Oxford Journals TFM Publishing - Co-Author of 'Postgraduate Facial Surgery' Higher Oxford Speciality Training. - Co -Editor of 'Maxillofacial Surgery' Elsevier 3rd Edition. I have National and International Presentations, over 50 Publications and various other chapters in textbooks. I am Trustee of the Head and Neck Cancer Foundation. I am married to a General Practitioner and we have three young children.

« 1 2 3 4 »

13th May 2016
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

Over the past few years the ability to open my mouth to eat was reducing to such a state that I could not even get a single slice of bread into it would having to cut up what I was eating. I had seen several specialists both in the middle east and in the UK all of which left me with a feeling that my life would never be as it once was - All until I was referred to Mr Luke Cascarini. From the moment I had my first consultation his straight talking explanations filled me with confidence and trust. He spent time on each option I could take, guided and supported me, and for the first time in years I felt that I could live a normal life. Once we agreed on total jaw replacement he expedited the process to meet my personal situation, day or night he and his team were at the end of a phone to talk me thru my concerns. His secretary Carla became my ‘best friend’ taking away the need to constantly keep the insurance company updated and seek approval after approval- she took care of all this, and even just called to ensure I was feeling OK. Luke Cascarini, is by far the most professional, caring and committed consultant I have ever met. My operation took place on 30th April. For the first time in my life, I was not worried or concerned about have surgery and major surgery at that. Having someone that is by far, the best in his field of expertise is beyond value. After two days in ICU, I was in my hospital bed eating steak- and for the first time in several years, steak that was not chopped up as if I was feeding a baby. My bit has gone from 5mm to 4cm. I can now eat the biggest hamburger- all within 2 weeks of the jaw replacement Within the same week (7th May) I was released from hospital and felt so great that I refereed a full rugby match the next day. My recovery has been such that I am returning to full work just two weeks after surgery. My wife and family have seen not only the physical change but one where my self-belief and confidence has returned. I would be happy to run thru my experience with anyone who is going through the same issue. I can, without any hesitation record that Mr Luke Cascarini has given me back my life. John Thoroughgood. 13th May 2016 Email: jthoroughgood@aol.com Telephone: +447497124724

23rd January 2016
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I don't have words to thank Mr Cascarini, he really is the best, I would recommend him to all, his professionalism with everything he does is exceptional. He has something very special that not many surgeon have, he has great bed manners, he really looks after his patients and really makes sure that his patients are well informed of how the surgery is going to go, or how it's gone, he really gives me a lot of confidence. That for me says a lot when a patient can really feel safe under a surgeon I have a lot of trust in him, just recently I needed bone grafting from my hip and I am happy to say that he did a wonderful job.

23rd January 2016
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I first met Mr Cascarini in October 2015 after suffering from pain down the side of my face and in my ear. He is a very personable and approachable consultant who was happy to answer all the questions I had about the potential treatment on offer. I had a jaw arthroscopy and botox injected into both sides of my face on Thursday 21st January and the care from Luke and his team was outstanding. Mr Cascarini is a very professional consultant and I couldn't recommend him more highly.

14th January 2015
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I was under Mr Cascarini's care for a number of years with TMJD. Throughout my treatment, the level of care I received as well as the kind and knowledgeable approach from him and his colleagues made me feel at ease from initial consultation to surgery. I can't recommend him highly enough.

15th November 2014
Written by a patient at Northwick Park Hospital

I was not impressed with his 'take it or leave it' medical advice that were extremely radical and not explained in plan English. He demonstrates a great deal of impatience and short, brisk response style, not leaving me comfortable to enquire about my condition. I specifically did not appreciate the fact that kept pointing out that he was one of the two top specialists in this field, self promotion is entirely out of place during a consultation. I decided to ask for a second opinion and very glad I did so. I would not recommend Mr Cascarini to my family and friends.

« 1 2 3 4 »