Mr Lester Wilson

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

9th January 2019
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

Mr Wilson was recommended by a friend as he had cured her horrendous lower back pain with a fusion and she was back with 100% mobility after the recovery. I had horrendous back pain, saw 2 different consultant surgeons, neither diagnosed the problem until I saw Mr Wilson at The Wellington Hospital Spinal Unit. He was amazing and almost immediately diagnosed the problem as a broken bone in my back which had been misdiagnosed 2 years earlier resulting in natural Fusion incorrectly. Mr Wilson listened attentively, sent me for an immediate CT scan (something the other consultants did not do) and immediately same day showed me and explained the results followed by recommendations. I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone with severe lower back pain.

6th June 2017
Written by a patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital

Lester Wilson Operated on me in 2012, for fusion of L4/5 discs, recovery period given to me was 18 months to 2 years. I was told that if could work or may not work, 5 years later I am able to do lot more things then prior to surgery. I Found Mr. Wilson very attentive on my initial consultation and every visit thereafter, I was very lucky to have found him after really bad experiences with two other surgeons, whose names I will not mention, I found them to be very rude and telling my husband that 'I was imagining the pain I had.' So I am eternally grateful to Mr. Wilson, for making me better and regaining my confidence in specialist.

25th September 2015
Written by a patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital

I was a patient of Mr Wilsons for two years, during this time I under went many tests to decide whether spinal surgery would help relieve my pain. I developed a painful condition during this process for which the only treatment is cortisone injections, which have to be done in a operating theatre due to their difficulty. I spoke to three members of his staff over a three month period all who promised to organize this treatment or at least discuss the matter and get back to me. All failed to do this, when I complained about this I was promised action, this has not been forthcoming a month later. The system that is in place is chaotic with in my opinion there is a total disregard for the suffering of people. His liaison nurse denied that she had spoken with me - I had left messages for her on several previous occasions and she would not return calls.

Short link to review Mr Lester Wilson: http://iwgc.net/edhww