Mr Lee Longstaff

Mr Longstaff attended medical school at Cambridge University and graduated with First Class honours and a distinction in surgery. Post-graduate orthopaedic training was commenced at Addenbrooke's hospital, Cambridge and completed in Newcastle Upon Tyne. An additional 18 months of advanced surgical training was then undertaken in Melbourne and Perth, Australia where he developed a special interest and expertise in hip and knee replacement. Mr Longstaff was appointed Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation trust in 2005. In addition to lower limb arthroplasty, he also delivers general trauma care to children and adults with a particular interest in periprosthetic fracture management. His research activities lie in the fields of trauma, hip and knee replacement and kinematics. He is an associate Clinical Lecturer in the Institute of Cellular Medicine at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. A keen educator, he has been appointed Royal College surgical tutor and Intercollegiate MRCS examiner.

24th August 2018
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Durham

I had a revisision knee replacement done on the 10th july 2018 by MR LONGSTAFF and his team i had been in excruiating pain for 10years before the operation as i had aknee replacement done in 2008 in nottingham university hospital i wont name the surgeon but he nicked the artery in the back of my right leg which cause an anurism that burst so had to have stent fitted causing a lot of problems the knee finally colapsed and i was refered to durham hospital were i got the best care anyone could of got from seeing the the specialist all the way down to the cleaners i was treat like a queen and i now have a straight leg and i am out of pain so thank you to all of you especially MR LONGSTAFF and his team and all the nurses that then looked after me from carole varley

7th June 2018
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Durham

Fantastic treatment from start to finish mr Longstaff has a fantastic team who all works well together to make the experience as good as possible for you. He explained the operation in detail to me to reassure me that I was in good hands.

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Washington Hospital

I have had a great result from my hip replacement, being mobile very soon after the operation. AFTER care could not have been better and I am most grateful for Mr Longstaffe s expertise.

19th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Washington Hospital

I first met Mr Lee Longstaff 7 years ago when he carried out my total hip replacement operation at the Spire Hospital Washington. He was very easy to get on with and explained fully how he would do the operation and advice on my recovery. The operation was a complete success and since then I have been pain free. During my stay in hospital Mr. Longstaff checked on me and another patient on the morning after our operations , on his day off. He really showed that he cared about us and we very much appreciated this. In January 2017 I had to have a total knee replacement and requested to ask for Mr Longstaff to do the operation. I had been in horrendous pain from the knee. When I had my appointment prior to the operation I asked Mr Longstaff if I would recover enough to be able to make a trip to China in September to visit my grandson who is working there. He said all would be fine by then and true to his word enjoyed an amazing trip and managed to walk fully mobile everywhere. I am able to operate in everyday life and driving as before and have Mr Longstaff and his fantastic support team for making my life once again pain free. I can highly recommend this excellent surgeon to everyone.

12th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Washington Hospital

I needed full hip replacement surgery after doing my homework (reading all the reviews ) on the Surgeons available in the North East I came to the conclusion that Mr Longstaff was the man for the job I was not to be dissappointed My first consultation confirmed what i had read about him he set out in clear practical pragmatic terms what my options were and any risks involved . He was reassuring on the day of the operation putting me fully at ease with what I was about to face He even had time immediately afterwards to confirm how pleased he was with how it went.Particular mention also for the after care of all the staff at the Spire Hospital absolutely superb patient care. I can't speak highly enough of Mr Longstaff what a superb Surgeon he is. I highly recommend anyone in similar circumstances to me to seek his advice.

Short link to review Mr Lee Longstaff: http://iwgc.net/eclsn