Mr Lee Longstaff

Mr Longstaff attended medical school at Cambridge University and graduated with First Class honours and a distinction in surgery. Post-graduate orthopaedic training was commenced at Addenbrooke's hospital, Cambridge and completed in Newcastle Upon Tyne. An additional 18 months of advanced surgical training was then undertaken in Melbourne and Perth, Australia where he developed a special interest and expertise in hip and knee replacement. Mr Longstaff was appointed Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation trust in 2005. In addition to lower limb arthroplasty, he also delivers general trauma care to children and adults with a particular interest in periprosthetic fracture management. His research activities lie in the fields of trauma, hip and knee replacement and kinematics. He is an associate Clinical Lecturer in the Institute of Cellular Medicine at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. A keen educator, he has been appointed Royal College surgical tutor and Intercollegiate MRCS examiner.

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Washington Hospital

I have had a great result from my hip replacement, being mobile very soon after the operation. AFTER care could not have been better and I am most grateful for Mr Longstaffe s expertise.

19th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Washington Hospital

I first met Mr Lee Longstaff 7 years ago when he carried out my total hip replacement operation at the Spire Hospital Washington. He was very easy to get on with and explained fully how he would do the operation and advice on my recovery. The operation was a complete success and since then I have been pain free. During my stay in hospital Mr. Longstaff checked on me and another patient on the morning after our operations , on his day off. He really showed that he cared about us and we very much appreciated this. In January 2017 I had to have a total knee replacement and requested to ask for Mr Longstaff to do the operation. I had been in horrendous pain from the knee. When I had my appointment prior to the operation I asked Mr Longstaff if I would recover enough to be able to make a trip to China in September to visit my grandson who is working there. He said all would be fine by then and true to his word enjoyed an amazing trip and managed to walk fully mobile everywhere. I am able to operate in everyday life and driving as before and have Mr Longstaff and his fantastic support team for making my life once again pain free. I can highly recommend this excellent surgeon to everyone.

12th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Washington Hospital

I needed full hip replacement surgery after doing my homework (reading all the reviews ) on the Surgeons available in the North East I came to the conclusion that Mr Longstaff was the man for the job I was not to be dissappointed My first consultation confirmed what i had read about him he set out in clear practical pragmatic terms what my options were and any risks involved . He was reassuring on the day of the operation putting me fully at ease with what I was about to face He even had time immediately afterwards to confirm how pleased he was with how it went.Particular mention also for the after care of all the staff at the Spire Hospital absolutely superb patient care. I can't speak highly enough of Mr Longstaff what a superb Surgeon he is. I highly recommend anyone in similar circumstances to me to seek his advice.

10th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Washington Hospital

Many, many thanks to Mr. Longstaff for the 2 new hip joint replacements which I had in August, 2016 and December, 2016.....one as a private patient and the other on the NHS. Both operations went smoothly and successfully. One of my nurses referred to Mr. Longstaff as 'The Perfectionist' and I endorse this comment absolutely. If you are searching for an Orthapaedic Surgeon then look no further.

25th January 2018
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Durham

I would like to highly recommend Mr. Lee Longstaff as a highly talented surgeon. It was ten years plus since I had a full knee replacement by Mr. Longstaff prior to my knee replacement I could only play 9 holes of golf, without severe pain. Since my knee replacement, I play golf a minimum of twice a week, without any pain. I play the full 18 holes. About 18 months ago I started to play walking football once again without any pain or any problems. As anyone reading this review will gather I love my sporting activities, without doubt, Mr. Longstaff and his skill as a knee replacement surgeon have given me back the ability to once again participate in sporting activities to which I love PS I am 74 yrs

Short link to review Mr Lee Longstaff: http://iwgc.net/eclsn