Mr Lee Longstaff

Mr Longstaff attended medical school at Cambridge University and graduated with First Class honours and a distinction in surgery. Post-graduate orthopaedic training was commenced at Addenbrooke's hospital, Cambridge and completed in Newcastle Upon Tyne. An additional 18 months of advanced surgical training was then undertaken in Melbourne and Perth, Australia where he developed a special interest and expertise in hip and knee replacement. Mr Longstaff was appointed Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation trust in 2005. In addition to lower limb arthroplasty, he also delivers general trauma care to children and adults with a particular interest in periprosthetic fracture management. His research activities lie in the fields of trauma, hip and knee replacement and kinematics. He is an associate Clinical Lecturer in the Institute of Cellular Medicine at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. A keen educator, he has been appointed Royal College surgical tutor and Intercollegiate MRCS examiner.

19th October 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Washington Hospital

My surgery was in July 2018 and Mr Longstaff was fantastic from start to finish, I couldn't believe it went so smoothly. From my first meeting with Mr Longstaff I was made to feel at ease and very positive about the operation. He explained everything clearly and fully answered any concerns. I made a very good recovery and now my life is so much better. I am scheduled to have my other hip replaced next year. I have no anxiety as I have complete confidence in Mr Longstaff and his exceptional team. I would highly recommend Mr Lee Longstaff to anybody requiring a hip replacement.

1st October 2018
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Durham

Mr Longstaff has treated me over the past twelve months for two hip replacement operations in the last six months. He has proven to be a very caring person as well as a surgeon with first class skills. Overall, he is an excellent doctor who we are lucky to have in Durham. Thank you for all you have done and your team and nursing staff who helped bring about my return to good health.

24th August 2018
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Durham

I had a revisision knee replacement done on the 10th july 2018 by MR LONGSTAFF and his team i had been in excruiating pain for 10years before the operation as i had aknee replacement done in 2008 in nottingham university hospital i wont name the surgeon but he nicked the artery in the back of my right leg which cause an anurism that burst so had to have stent fitted causing a lot of problems the knee finally colapsed and i was refered to durham hospital were i got the best care anyone could of got from seeing the the specialist all the way down to the cleaners i was treat like a queen and i now have a straight leg and i am out of pain so thank you to all of you especially MR LONGSTAFF and his team and all the nurses that then looked after me from carole varley

7th June 2018
Written by a patient at University Hospital of North Durham

Fantastic treatment from start to finish mr Longstaff has a fantastic team who all works well together to make the experience as good as possible for you. He explained the operation in detail to me to reassure me that I was in good hands.

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Washington Hospital

I have had a great result from my hip replacement, being mobile very soon after the operation. AFTER care could not have been better and I am most grateful for Mr Longstaffe s expertise.

Short link to review Mr Lee Longstaff: http://iwgc.net/eclsn