Mr Krishna Vemulapalli

Mr Krishna Vemulapalli is an Orthopaedic Consultant at Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. His NHS practice is at King George Hospital in Goodmayes and at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex, where he specialises in foot and ankle surgery and Orthopaedic surgery for children. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University, London His qualifications are MBBS, FRCS,  FRCS (Tr & Orth). After graduation, Krishna Vemulapalli started basic surgical training in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and then completed his higher surgical training at The Royal London Hospital and the  Percivall Pott Rotation. He undertook further specialist training in foot and ankle surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital  and in children's Orthopaedic surgery at the Royal London Hospital. He was awarded the Ilizarov Travelling Fellowship by Smith and Nephew, which took him to Kurgan in Russia. As well as keeping up-to-date with the latest and most effective forms of treatment in trauma and Orthopaedics, he teaches surgeons in various practical Orthopaedic and FRCS examination courses. He has organised several educational courses namely 1) Queens FRCS( Tr & Ortho) Clinical Course 2) Ponseti Course for Club feet 3) Queens MRCS Mock Exam course 4) Orthopaedic &Trauma Course for Accident &Emergency He is passionate about teaching and was instrumental in getting the Queens Hospital 'Training Hospital of the Year 2014' for Trauma and Orthopaedics in Royal London Rotation. His teaching/ training & patient care was recognised and has won/nominated following awards. 1) BHR- Star of the Month December 2012 2) BHR Star of the Year-2013- Runner-up 3) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride award for Outstanding Patient Care-2013 4) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Inspirational Leader-2013 5) Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2014’- Royal London Rotation 6) Professional Excellence Award from Telugu NRI Forum @ British Parliament-2014 7) Winner of the Trainer of the Year 2015’- Percivall Pott Rotation 8) Nominated for Trainer of the Year 2015- British Orthopaedic Trainee Association 9) Winner of Highly Commended Clinical Supervisor of the Year -PGMDE- UCL partners 2016 10)Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2016- Royal London Rotation Although Krishna Vemulapalli manages all general trauma and orthopaedic conditions, including hip and knee surgery, his specialist interests include simple and complex adult foot and ankle surgery, and paediatric (children's) orthopaedics. Personal profile: I am married and live locally in Essex. My wife is a GP and we are fortunate to have two lovely boys and a beautiful young daughter. My interests include playing cricket, reading, travelling, spending time with my family and experimenting with Indian cooking.

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
17th November 2019

This is the third time I have been referred to Mr Vermulapalli and I have had an excellent experience every time. He is so understanding, caring, professional and a true gentleman. He is a very good listener and has always given me such great advise. In all my years of seeing doctors he is the Dr I would recommend to all my family and friends. Thank you Mr Vermulapalli for being so passionate and caring to your patients.

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
5th November 2019

Mr.Vemulapalli listened carefully to the description of my foot problems. He felt the bones carefully and after Xrays tested to check where the pain came from. He discussed his plans and gave opportunity to ask questions and was fully supported by the team working with him. My operation gave me no pain and he personally supervised removal of bandages and successive plasters. My foot gave some pain once I began walking but now gives me the freedom to walk naturally at speed. Mr. V. is to be highly recommended. Thank you.

Written by a carer at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
1st November 2019

amazing doctor, the level of care given to my daughter was outstanding. We cant thank him enough

Written by a patient at Spire London East Hospital
21st October 2019

The consultant was confident and attentive about my treatment. Due to his operating theatre skills and experience, Krishna was able to successfully restitch my Achilles’ tendon despite a complication and I was able to make a swift and speedy recovery. I have no hesitation in recommending Krishna Vemulapalli.

Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital
14th October 2019

Excellent Surgeon. Spent time and Went through all risks and benefits. Very professional. Honest and trustworthy.

Short link to review Mr Krishna Vemulapalli: http://iwgc.net/efeuj