mr-krishna-vemulapalli

Mr Krishna Vemulapalli

Written by a patient at Spire London East Hospital
16th February 2020

I am a patient of Mr Vemulapalli since about a year, and he has been great, he listens very attentively n treated my condition very well, he understood the pain I was in, n treated me accordingly I would strongly recommend this consultant

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
1st February 2020

Mr V (as he's referred to at the Spire Hartswood) has the balance between excellent professional expertise and care for the patient spot on. I was referred to him by my GP for a suspected Morton's neuroma. Mr V identified that I had stress fractures in my metatarsal bones and sent me for an MRI to confirm - he was right. This delayed the treatment of my Morton's neuroma but he explained in plain and simple language why he was taking the course that he was. Mr V also gave me very practical advice on what I should - and should not - do on a day-to-day basis. He also referred me to a physiotherapist who would strengthen the bones of my foot. Stress fractures healed following physio, and I was able to return to Mr V. He tried me with cortisone and a local anaesthetic. Again, he explained everything simply and made me feel as comfortable as possible in the circumstances. He also managed my expectations of what I could expect by way of discomfort or pain, and how to deal with this. Unfortunately, the cortisone wore off and the neuroma was still painful. When I returned to Mr V he put my options to me, and made sure I asked any questions that were on my mind - very patiently and with great attention for my personal assurance. I decided to go ahead with surgery and had no doubt in my mind at all that Mr V was the one to do it. Mr V went through exactly what he would be doing, what I could expect going into hospital as a day patient, and what I could expect after surgery - that same day, and the following weeks. He then asked when would be most convenient to have the procedure and I was very pleased that we were able to arrange it all within a fortnight. Surgery went very well and six weeks after surgery I had been discharged from Mr V's care. He is excellent, and I have already referred him to a friend who has been suffering with Morton's neuromas in both feet and has been putting off treatment for fear of how it would affect them. I must add that Mr V is excellent at what he does and exceptional with patient care (I can understand how parents and children would be very comfortable with him), but as the patient you have to put the work in when it comes to physio and rehab. I have no regrets, and very pleased to have had Mr V as my consultant and surgeon. I highly recommend Mr V.

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
30th January 2020

I cannot speak too highly of Mr Vemulapalli. From the moment I met him he was extremely professional, courteous and had the ability to put me at my ease. The initial consultation, the actual procedure and follow up appointment were first rate. I would recommend Mr Vemulapalli without hesitation.

Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital
24th January 2020

Very knowledgeable - diagnoses my daughters perthes straight away in summer and this time identified that she wasn’t suffering with leg length discrepancy which physio & parents all thought. Always takes his time to explain everything. We have now been referred to a specialist hospital which is good but we’ll be very sad not to see dr v any more.

Written by a carer at Spire Hartswood Hospital
21st January 2020

Mr Vemulapalli was exceptional with my rather boisterous 5 year old son. He really took the time to speak with him directly first and build a rapport so my son was very comfortable in his presence. He then took the time to fully explain to me our options and made me feel at ease. I feel I made the right informed medical decision for my son as the information was so well explained and any questions answered.

Mr Krishna Vemulapalli was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2019 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Krishna Vemulapalli is an Orthopaedic Consultant at Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. His NHS practice is at King George Hospital in Goodmayes and at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex, where he specialises in foot and ankle surgery and Orthopaedic surgery for children. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University, London His qualifications are MBBS, FRCS,  FRCS (Tr & Orth). After graduation, Krishna Vemulapalli started basic surgical training in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and then completed his higher surgical training at The Royal London Hospital and the  Percivall Pott Rotation. He undertook further specialist training in foot and ankle surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital  and in children's Orthopaedic surgery at the Royal London Hospital. He was awarded the Ilizarov Travelling Fellowship by Smith and Nephew, which took him to Kurgan in Russia. As well as keeping up-to-date with the latest and most effective forms of treatment in trauma and Orthopaedics, he teaches surgeons in various practical Orthopaedic and FRCS examination courses. He has organised several educational courses namely 1) Queens FRCS( Tr & Ortho) Clinical Course 2) Ponseti Course for Club feet 3) Queens MRCS Mock Exam course 4) Orthopaedic &Trauma Course for Accident &Emergency He is passionate about teaching and was instrumental in getting the Queens Hospital 'Training Hospital of the Year 2014' for Trauma and Orthopaedics in Royal London Rotation. His teaching/ training & patient care was recognised and has won/nominated following awards. 1) BHR- Star of the Month December 2012 2) BHR Star of the Year-2013- Runner-up 3) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride award for Outstanding Patient Care-2013 4) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Inspirational Leader-2013 5) Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2014’- Royal London Rotation 6) Professional Excellence Award from Telugu NRI Forum @ British Parliament-2014 7) Winner of the Trainer of the Year 2015’- Percivall Pott Rotation 8) Nominated for Trainer of the Year 2015- British Orthopaedic Trainee Association 9) Winner of Highly Commended Clinical Supervisor of the Year -PGMDE- UCL partners 2016 10)Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2016- Royal London Rotation Although Krishna Vemulapalli manages all general trauma and orthopaedic conditions, including hip and knee surgery, his specialist interests include simple and complex adult foot and ankle surgery, and paediatric (children's) orthopaedics. Personal profile: I am married and live locally in Essex. My wife is a GP and we are fortunate to have two lovely boys and a beautiful young daughter. My interests include playing cricket, reading, travelling, spending time with my family and experimenting with Indian cooking.

Short link to review Mr Krishna Vemulapalli: http://iwgc.net/efeuj