mr-krishna-vemulapalli

Mr Krishna Vemulapalli

Written by a carer at Spire London East Hospital
16th September 2020

I met Mr. Vemulapalli for my 7 year old son who had suddenly started limping. He patiently heard all of my concerns and then engaged my son in lively discussion while performing his physical investigation. We were then able to get an X-ray immediately and he gave us his complete and holistic diagnosis, backed up with test results, all in less than an hour or so. This was key - I could see that he meticulously covered all angles quickly to give us a thorough diagnosis on the same day. He was also very patient in answering all my questions. And my son loved experiencing how the the blood pressure device works. Who knows, maybe this is the spark which will interest a young mind to take up medicine someday!

15th September 2020

Excellent care and service from Mr K Vemulapalli I had waited a long time to see him, the NHS making me wait a long time for MRI and appointments. I cannot thank him enough, he was reassuring and humorous when I needed it and always clear throughout the process. I had to wait a long time on the day of the operation and it’s just a small thing but the smiley face he drew on the area to be operated was appreciated. All the staff were good throughout. His registrar David rang me when it was his, David’s day off. I appreciated that they are all working so hard. One check up administration had cancelled an appointment and not told me. They had thought I was an inpatient. I arrived at the hospital to be told. This was very distressing. Kindly Mr Vemulapalli saw me much to my relief. Talking to Mr Vemulapali I always feel things are clearly explained and he is able to adapt to the patients mood and needs. I’m still healing but the scar looks good. Neater than I expected. The bones in my feet are now taking my weight without as much pain as before the operation but it is still early and he explained some pain Is normal at this time in the healing process. The NHS systems, waiting lists and funding are flawed but that shouldn’t detract from the good work of the people in Queens and King Georges. I received an excellent service from Mr Vemulapalli and his team.

9th September 2020

Mr Vemulapalli worked extremely well within the layout of the NHS. It took several visits prior to finding the cause of my pain and this is due to NHS sending me to Harold Wood Polyclinic. Coupled with first MRI scan which was outsourced by Queens Hospital which only gave vague results. Once the second MRI scan's results came through, everything went like clockwork. The operation was performed at King George's NELFT ISTC. The surgery was done in the most professional manner. I hope this helps anyone who cares to read this.

27th August 2020

Dear Mr V Thanks so much for looking after me I was in a lot of pain and being a firefighter a lot of discomfort walking and doing anything physical at work but since the operation on my big toe it’s been great and pain-free and looking forward to getting back to work I really really grateful and not forgetting all the nurses and all the people who work in the plaster room at the fracture clinic

26th August 2020

My 4 month old daughter is currently being treated by Dr Vemulapalli, she has bilateral talipes and will be under his/hospital care until she is four. She has been in treatment since she was two weeks old, the treatment and communication received has been second to none, very clear and reassuring with amazing results so far. Him and his team have done a fantastic job and put all my concerns first.

Mr Krishna Vemulapalli was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Krishna Vemulapalli is an Orthopaedic Consultant at Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. His NHS practice is at King George Hospital in Goodmayes and at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex, where he specialises in foot and ankle surgery and Orthopaedic surgery for children. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University, London His qualifications are MBBS, FRCS,  FRCS (Tr & Orth). After graduation, Krishna Vemulapalli started basic surgical training in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and then completed his higher surgical training at The Royal London Hospital and the  Percivall Pott Rotation. He undertook further specialist training in foot and ankle surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital  and in children's Orthopaedic surgery at the Royal London Hospital. He was awarded the Ilizarov Travelling Fellowship by Smith and Nephew, which took him to Kurgan in Russia. As well as keeping up-to-date with the latest and most effective forms of treatment in trauma and Orthopaedics, he teaches surgeons in various practical Orthopaedic and FRCS examination courses. He has organised several educational courses namely 1) Queens FRCS( Tr & Ortho) Clinical Course 2) Ponseti Course for Club feet 3) Queens MRCS Mock Exam course 4) Orthopaedic &Trauma Course for Accident &Emergency He is passionate about teaching and was instrumental in getting the Queens Hospital 'Training Hospital of the Year 2014' for Trauma and Orthopaedics in Royal London Rotation. His teaching/ training & patient care was recognised and has won/nominated following awards. 1) BHR- Star of the Month December 2012 2) BHR Star of the Year-2013- Runner-up 3) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride award for Outstanding Patient Care-2013 4) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Inspirational Leader-2013 5) Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2014’- Royal London Rotation 6) Professional Excellence Award from Telugu NRI Forum @ British Parliament-2014 7) Winner of the Trainer of the Year 2015’- Percivall Pott Rotation 8) Nominated for Trainer of the Year 2015- British Orthopaedic Trainee Association 9) Winner of Highly Commended Clinical Supervisor of the Year -PGMDE- UCL partners 2016 10)Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2016- Royal London Rotation Although Krishna Vemulapalli manages all general trauma and orthopaedic conditions, including hip and knee surgery, his specialist interests include simple and complex adult foot and ankle surgery, and paediatric (children's) orthopaedics. Personal profile: I am married and live locally in Essex. My wife is a GP and we are fortunate to have two lovely boys and a beautiful young daughter. My interests include playing cricket, reading, travelling, spending time with my family and experimenting with Indian cooking.

Short link to review Mr Krishna Vemulapalli: http://iwgc.net/efeuj