Mr Krishna Vemulapalli

Mr Krishna Vemulapalli is an Orthopaedic Consultant at Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. His NHS practice is at King George Hospital in Goodmayes and at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex, where he specialises in foot and ankle surgery and Orthopaedic surgery for children. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University, London His qualifications are MBBS, FRCS,  FRCS (Tr & Orth). After graduation, Krishna Vemulapalli started basic surgical training in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and then completed his higher surgical training at The Royal London Hospital and the  Percivall Pott Rotation. He undertook further specialist training in foot and ankle surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital  and in children's Orthopaedic surgery at the Royal London Hospital. He was awarded the Ilizarov Travelling Fellowship by Smith and Nephew, which took him to Kurgan in Russia. As well as keeping up-to-date with the latest and most effective forms of treatment in trauma and Orthopaedics, he teaches surgeons in various practical Orthopaedic and FRCS examination courses. He has organised several educational courses namely 1) Queens FRCS( Tr & Ortho) Clinical Course 2) Ponseti Course for Club feet 3) Queens MRCS Mock Exam course 4) Orthopaedic &Trauma Course for Accident &Emergency He is passionate about teaching and was instrumental in getting the Queens Hospital 'Training Hospital of the Year 2014' for Trauma and Orthopaedics in Royal London Rotation. His teaching/ training & patient care was recognised and has won/nominated following awards. 1) BHR- Star of the Month December 2012 2) BHR Star of the Year-2013- Runner-up 3) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride award for Outstanding Patient Care-2013 4) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Inspirational Leader-2013 5) Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2014’- Royal London Rotation 6) Professional Excellence Award from Telugu NRI Forum @ British Parliament-2014 7) Winner of the Trainer of the Year 2015’- Percivall Pott Rotation 8) Nominated for Trainer of the Year 2015- British Orthopaedic Trainee Association 9) Winner of Highly Commended Clinical Supervisor of the Year -PGMDE- UCL partners 2016 10)Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2016- Royal London Rotation Although Krishna Vemulapalli manages all general trauma and orthopaedic conditions, including hip and knee surgery, his specialist interests include simple and complex adult foot and ankle surgery, and paediatric (children's) orthopaedics. Personal profile: I am married and live locally in Essex. My wife is a GP and we are fortunate to have two lovely boys and a beautiful young daughter. My interests include playing cricket, reading, travelling, spending time with my family and experimenting with Indian cooking.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

10th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I have now been under the care of Mr Vemulapalli for several years for different ailments. He is always friendly, thorough and I have complete confidence in his care and treatment recommendations. He always makes me feel at ease and explains everything in a way I can understand and takes time to answer any questions I have.

2nd May 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I could not have asked for better care and attention from Mr Vemulapalli. He explained exactly what was wrong with my foot very quickly soon after the diagnosis arrangements were made for the operation. Although I am not fully recovered I am getting there, and that is thanks to Mr Vemulapalli and his team.

1st May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I had broken and dislocated my ankle then walked on it for 2 weeks with out realising, when I finally sort out an x-ray it was 27th December, the NHS was over ran and I would not be able to see anyone about a potential operation I obviously needed for at least a week. I am fortunate enough to have health care through a company scheme and amazingly found Mr V and got an appointment for the same day, 28th December. During our first consultation Mr V was sympathetic, helpful, and I was astounded when he phoned the anaesthesiologist and booked theatre for the 29th December and in I went, the next day for my ankle to be plated and pinned. Clearly having walked on it for 2 weeks and lets say I am a slightly larger lady, I had done quite a lot of damage and the healing process had started but the bone was setting all wrong. The operation went well and I was packed off for 2 weeks to lay on my back no weight baring at all! Considering all the damage I had done I was only in plaster 5 week, after I didn't need and air boot, 4 month later I have no limp and apart from the scar, which is incredibly neat, you would never know what I had done. Of course I have had to put in a lot of effort into phisyo and my own rehab but I was told in no uncertain terms if its not hurting your not doing it right! and if I like the pyisyo its not a good sign! I would not hesitate in recommending Mr V to anyone with a similar ankle injury. he listened to me, he was sympathetic, he was honest and he was caring

23rd April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I have had three ankle operations by Mr Vemulapalli. All three were successful and the level of care I received was exceptional.

23rd April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Roding Hospital

Mr V was fantastic from my very first consultant appointment to my surgery and aftercare. He made me feel at ease and I had every confidence in him. Really lovely man.

Short link to review Mr Krishna Vemulapalli: http://iwgc.net/efeuj