Mr Krishna Vemulapalli

Mr Krishna Vemulapalli is an Orthopaedic Consultant at Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. His NHS practice is at King George Hospital in Goodmayes and at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex, where he specialises in foot and ankle surgery and Orthopaedic surgery for children. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University, London His qualifications are MBBS, FRCS,  FRCS (Tr & Orth). After graduation, Krishna Vemulapalli started basic surgical training in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and then completed his higher surgical training at The Royal London Hospital and the  Percivall Pott Rotation. He undertook further specialist training in foot and ankle surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital  and in children's Orthopaedic surgery at the Royal London Hospital. He was awarded the Ilizarov Travelling Fellowship by Smith and Nephew, which took him to Kurgan in Russia. As well as keeping up-to-date with the latest and most effective forms of treatment in trauma and Orthopaedics, he teaches surgeons in various practical Orthopaedic and FRCS examination courses. He has organised several educational courses namely 1) Queens FRCS( Tr & Ortho) Clinical Course 2) Ponseti Course for Club feet 3) Queens MRCS Mock Exam course 4) Orthopaedic &Trauma Course for Accident &Emergency He is passionate about teaching and was instrumental in getting the Queens Hospital 'Training Hospital of the Year 2014' for Trauma and Orthopaedics in Royal London Rotation. His teaching/ training & patient care was recognised and has won/nominated following awards. 1) BHR- Star of the Month December 2012 2) BHR Star of the Year-2013- Runner-up 3) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride award for Outstanding Patient Care-2013 4) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Inspirational Leader-2013 5) Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2014’- Royal London Rotation 6) Professional Excellence Award from Telugu NRI Forum @ British Parliament-2014 7) Winner of the Trainer of the Year 2015’- Percivall Pott Rotation 8) Nominated for Trainer of the Year 2015- British Orthopaedic Trainee Association 9) Winner of Highly Commended Clinical Supervisor of the Year -PGMDE- UCL partners 2016 10)Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2016- Royal London Rotation Although Krishna Vemulapalli manages all general trauma and orthopaedic conditions, including hip and knee surgery, his specialist interests include simple and complex adult foot and ankle surgery, and paediatric (children's) orthopaedics. Personal profile: I am married and live locally in Essex. My wife is a GP and we are fortunate to have two lovely boys and a beautiful young daughter. My interests include playing cricket, reading, travelling, spending time with my family and experimenting with Indian cooking.

Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital
24th January 2020

Very knowledgeable - diagnoses my daughters perthes straight away in summer and this time identified that she wasn’t suffering with leg length discrepancy which physio & parents all thought. Always takes his time to explain everything. We have now been referred to a specialist hospital which is good but we’ll be very sad not to see dr v any more.

Written by a carer at Spire Hartswood Hospital
21st January 2020

Mr Vemulapalli was exceptional with my rather boisterous 5 year old son. He really took the time to speak with him directly first and build a rapport so my son was very comfortable in his presence. He then took the time to fully explain to me our options and made me feel at ease. I feel I made the right informed medical decision for my son as the information was so well explained and any questions answered.

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
12th January 2020

I was so pleased to have the opportunity to have a consultation with Mr Vemulapall. I anticipated that I had a broken big toe in my right foot but after a thorough. comprehensive examination of my back, walking and my feet, he concluded that I suffered with foot drop. He was very caring and gave me the chance to explain my problems and although there may have been some treatment for a younger person, at my age of 80, the best remedy was for a foot drop splint which would help with my gait and my golf. I was completely satisfied with his advice because I gained confidence and faith with his whole manner of the examination and would not hesitate to visit him if I had further problems.

Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital
9th January 2020

Mr vemulapalli takes great care in ensuring each and every child gets the care and attention they need. He takes his time to explain everything in full details and makes sure that we understand everything that is happening with our sons care and treatment. He has, at times, taken time out of his schedule to see us when needed and has put us at ease on more than one occasion.

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
23rd November 2019

Mr V is the best medical practitioner by whom I have had the pleasure to be treated. He took great care to understand my current condition and its history. He made the decision to operate with utter clarity and consideration, providing me with all the information and answers I was looking for, such as recovery time and the best action for treatment. His sense of humour is a gift and is very much appreciated, giving me great confidence on the day of surgery and the knowledge that I will do well in his care. His handiwork is extremely impressive; I have a very neat scar and I experienced no undue post-op discomfort or pain, both of which were a risk he explained in extensive detail in his consultations. His consultations made me feel valued and he genuinely cares about the well-being of his patients. I emailed him a couple of times with concerns in between post-op consultations and he responded the same day, easing my worries. I am now under the guidance of physiotherapists, but Mr V kindly offered his services at any time I feel they are needed - I would do this at the drop of a hat as I trust him completely. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank his plaster technician, Mandy, whose knowledge and experience is boundless. Wearing a comfortable cast for a few weeks made a huge difference in my recovery as I was able to move around relatively easily. She also gave me fantastic advice about wound care when changing the cast, again, giving me great confidence in her skill and ability. Thank you very much, Mr V, you are a true gentleman and a consummate professional. Your understanding, experience, and passion for care is a gem, and it makes a real difference to the physical and mental well-being of your patients.

Short link to review Mr Krishna Vemulapalli: http://iwgc.net/efeuj