Lovely man. Very professional and took his time with my daughter who is autistic. Gave great advice and recommended the appropriate treatment. Thanks!
From my fist visit to Mr Vemulapalli, 5 days after rupturing my Achilles, he went through in depth what the way forward would be subject to the results of my scan and put my mind at ease as to the future. He met with me 3 times in total and i was never rushed, my tendon has recovered ,after following his clear advice and wearing the Vacoped boot as instructed I hope not to have to see him again, but would certainly recommend him to anyone who requires Orthopaedic treatment. Great Doctor and very nice man.
Mr Vemulaplli was fantastic with me today, very understanding, he listened to everything I had to say. He explained everything in detail, felt very confident that I received great care.
Mr Vamulapalli is absolutely a star at the top of the game. He genuinely is an expert in his field. He is calm, quiet and patient with a very warm kind manner. He instils great confidence in me to speak with and explains in great detail the issue and the options for resolving it. If he says it, I buy into it immediately, knowing he will be absolutely spot on. I have seen his colleagues react in the same manner and they have said to me, "If he says do the following you would be foolish not to do exactly that because he will be right". They clearly have both great respect for him and display great warmth toward him as he does to others. I have seen many consultants, both medical and professional, in my life and if only they had all been as kind, caring and knowledgeable in their fields as Mr Vemulapalli the world would be a whole lot better place. If anyone should read this and be searching for an orthopaedic surgeon I promise you, are highly unlikely to find anyone else of his calibre, warmth and humanity who will absolutely have you in full focus!
After suffering a serious fall resulting in a dislocated & fractured shoulder and shattered kneecap (5pieces) I received first class treatment & care from Mr Vemulapalli. He left nothing unanswered and treated me with honesty & compassion.
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2023 for delivering outstanding care.
- Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
Mr Krishna Vemulapalli is an Orthopaedic Consultant at Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. His NHS practice is at King George Hospital in Goodmayes and at Queens Hospital in Romford, Essex, where he specialises in foot and ankle surgery and Orthopaedic surgery for children. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University, London
His qualifications are MBBS, FRCS, FRCS (Tr & Orth). After graduation, Krishna Vemulapalli started basic surgical training in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and then completed his higher surgical training at The Royal London Hospital and the Percivall Pott Rotation.
He undertook further specialist training in foot and ankle surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and in children's Orthopaedic surgery at the Royal London Hospital. He was awarded the Ilizarov Travelling Fellowship by Smith and Nephew, which took him to Kurgan in Russia.
As well as keeping up-to-date with the latest and most effective forms of treatment in trauma and Orthopaedics, he teaches surgeons in various practical Orthopaedic and FRCS examination courses. He has organised several educational courses namely
1) Queens FRCS( Tr &Ortho) Clinical Course
2) Ponseti Course for Club feet
3) Queens MRCS Mock Exam course
4) Orthopaedic &Trauma Course for Accident &Emergency
5) Foot and Ankle Cadaveric course
He is passionate about teaching and was instrumental in getting the Queens Hospital 'Training Hospital of the Year 2014' for Trauma and Orthopaedics in Royal London Rotation and 2nd Runner up Training Hospital of the Year for Stanmore rotation
His teaching/ training & patient care was recognised and has won/nominated following awards.
1) BHR- Star of the Month December 2012
2) BHR Star of the Year-2013- Runner-up
3) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride award for Outstanding Patient Care-2013
4) Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Inspirational Leader-2013
5) Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2014’- Royal London Rotation
6) Professional Excellence Award from Telugu NRI Forum @ British Parliament-2014
7) Winner of the Trainer of the Year 2015’- Percivall Pott Rotation
8) Nominated for Trainer of the Year 2015- British Orthopaedic Trainee Association
9) Winner of Highly Commended Clinical Supervisor of the Year -PGMDE- UCL partners 2016
10)Nominated for ‘Trainer of the Year 2016- Royal London Rotation
11) Nominated for Trainer of the year 2018- Royal London Rotation
12) Nominated for ‘I made a difference’ for BHRT May 2019
13) Awarded ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by www.iwantgreatcare.org 2016; 2017; 2018; 2019; 2020; 2021; 2022 & 2023
14) Nominated for the Trainer of the Year 2021 Stanmore Rotation( 2nd Runner up)
15) Nominated for the Trainer of the Year 2021 Pott Rotation (Runner up)
16) Elected for the BOFAS Educational Committee
Mr Vemulapalli, as a clinical lead, is the Chief Architect of BONES week (BHRUT Orthopaedics NHS Elective Surgery) Project which is a pioneer NHS High Volume week performing 135 Hip & Knee arthoplasties and 85-day cases in a week in October 2020.
This project has been described as ‘Exemplary’ by the RCS president in British Parliament as well as example of delivering the elective service in the February 2022 NHS report. (https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2022/02/C1466-delivery-plan-for-tackling-the-covid-19-backlog-of-elective-care.pdf)
Although Krishna Vemulapalli manages all general trauma and orthopaedic conditions, including hip and knee surgery, his specialist interests include simple and complex adult foot and ankle surgery, and paediatric (children's) orthopaedics.
I am married and live locally in Essex. My wife is a GP and we are fortunate to have two lovely boys and a beautiful young daughter. My interests include playing cricket, reading, travelling, spending time with my family and experimenting with Indian cooking.
Nearest Orthopaedic and trauma surgeons
Short link to review Mr Krishna Vemulapalli: http://iwgc.net/efeuj