Mr Kingsley Bataduwa Arachchi Mahendra

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

23rd November 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mr Mahendra treated me with kindness, communicated a potentially scary situation to me well and calmly discussed my treatment options with me. He performed my surgery for a life-threatening live ectopic pregnancy in a timely manner and I recovered swiftly, having only to remain an inpatient for one night's stay. I suffered no complications and recovered well. Since he performed my surgery laparoscopically (via keyhole, I can barely see or feel the scars. I am grateful for the kind and considerate way Mr Mahendra managed my case and the professional manner in which he treated me. Thank you so much!

23rd November 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I have been a patient in the endometriosis clinic for four years now and I have never seen the main consultant under whom I was referred except on the one occasion of my second surgery after 3.5yrs. I have always been discussing with Mr Mahendra who is a very nice gentle doctor with a good listening ear. He understands all of my symptoms and really feels patient pain and frustration. He makes me feel comfortable when i am having my examinations as he looks confident about what he is doing and don't go messing around your body. He always explains in details about my symptoms even what you are trying to pass through isn't clear enough to explain to him. He goes through all options that are available and explains the pros and cons then allow me to make a decision guiding me to a right one. Eventhough this condition is a frustrating one, having a doctor who understands and hasten up things like tests and surgeries so things don't get worse before the system gets ready it gives me a reassurance that I'm on the right path. I can gladly say that my symptoms are so minimal and I'm moving on to next step to fertility all with thanks to Mr Mahendra's timely interventions and treating in totallity. It will however go a long way in helping him give timely care and reduce waiting time if he has another doctor to help him out as he is mostly alone. Thank you Mr Mahendra he is a good doctor.

17th November 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mr Mahendra took the time to reassure me of warning signs for developing pre eclampsia again and it was evident that he had fully read my notes before seeing me, so knew my history. I had visited triage a few days earlier and didn't feel very confident in the treatment I received (they didn't get my name right which I found worrying!), But I am confident that Mr Mahendra made sure he was satisfied that both me and the baby are keeping well. I came away from my appointment happy that I was being well cared for and fully trusting of the doctor's decisions.

9th November 2016
Written by a member of staff at Queen's Hospital

Mr Mahendra gave me a teaching session in clinic. I was very pleased with the teaching I received. Mr Mahendra is detailed and comprehensive in his explanations, uses analogies to help illustrate his point, and also demonstrates on himself to illustrate points, for example in describing the presentation of babies at birth. He is patient with additional questioning, and makes sure the student understands before moving on to the next point. No matter how busy he is, he welcomes questions from students, and is always very enthusiastic to teach us. It is teachers such as Mr. Mahendra that inspire students, and provide them with encouragement to keep working harder. Thank you for your time Mr. Mahendra, Medical student

8th November 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Totally reassuring and explained everything really well. Had a rough time with my first pregnancy and was really anxious about this pregnancy. Doctor Mahendra alleviated my fears and has put my mind at rest for the upcoming birth of my second child Would recommend. Thank you so much

9th November 2016
Response from Mr Kingsley Bataduwa Arachchi Mahendra

Thank you for your comments. These comments will be use to improve our patient centered care in future.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists

Short link to review Mr Kingsley Bataduwa Arachchi Mahendra: http://iwgc.net/eglp9