Mr Kerry Acton

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

11th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital

I was offered a hip replacement surgery because cartilage in my right hip had been worn away. I suffered from huge pains in my right leg, had a limited movement and limped. Mr Kerry Acton performed a minimally invasive total hip replacement on my right hip 7 months ago. I was able to resume normal activities 5 weeks after the surgery. There are no words to express how thankful I am to Mr Acton who did a fantastic job and enabled me to live without pains and limping. The small scare, which is gradually fading away, is the only thing that reminds me of the fact that I'm equipped with a new joint.

22nd October 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital

I had a hip replacement in the summer of 2017 and although the surgery was a success and I can walk very well I suffered excruciating inflammatory pain and sleepless nights for almost a year following surgery. I still have scar pain and to date have spent around £3,000 on physiotherapy because of the 'surgical method' performed. I was not advised before surgery that this might happen. In addition the surgeon only informed me that I was not allowed to take anti-inflammatories for 3 months post-operatively until the morning of the surgery! I have since discovered that this instruction did not have a sound scientific basis and I believe this led to the long term pain and sleepless nights I suffered. I would strongly advise against taking this surgeon's advice about not taking anti-inflammatories because of my experience. I live in hope that eventually I will not have the discomfort I am still enduring.

20th September 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Surrey County Hospital

Mr Kerry Acton has carried out total knee replacements on both of my knees on separate occasions within the last 4 years. I am 75years old and am still able to walk at a brisk pace, and have no problem in climbing a ladder. Thank you Mr Acton for my present mobility.

NAN miles