8th November 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I suffered a full ACL tear from a football injury and did some hefty research on available knee consultants in the London area. Kash was my preferred choice (mainly from reading reviews like this!) and i have been really pleased from start to finish. A great surgeon who clearly explained the process at every step and gave great advice post surgery to enable a full recovery. I would also add that he is a great bloke, funny, relaxed and makes it very hassle free. Highly recommend.

2nd November 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

Kash is an outstanding surgeon I would recommend to anyone: I apparently had one of the nastiest bucket handle tear of the meniscus he's ever seen in his entire career along with a complete ACL rupture. Kash suggested a staged approach to repair the meniscus first and then do the ACL at a later stage. Before going into surgery, we didn't know whether a repair of the meniscus was possible or it needed to be removed completely. Despite the complex tear, Kash was able to fully repair my meniscus. I am now three months post surgery and, while I need to wait an extra month for impact workouts, I can do everything I was able to do before the injury, have no pain at all and barely had any swelling throughout the past 12 weeks. Finally, this was pretty much my first surgery and Kash was very empathetic and supportive, answered all my (also silly) questions and took me through how the procedure was going to work. Moreover, he got on my case super quickly and after I saw him on the Friday he was able to operate the following Monday - I would not have resolved this as quickly if it wasn't for him! If I need or decide to repair my ACL, I know where to go without the shadow of a doubt.

24th October 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I was referred to Kash through my insurance company after a serious knee injury. I have been delighted with the help I have received from him. He was very professional throughout our contact. He conducted a thorough examination and put me in for an MRI - which revealed an ACL tear, but Kash delivered the bad news in a reassuring and compassionate way. He outlined the options and recommended holding off on surgery and completing a course of physiotherapy in the first instance. Kash recommended a very good physio and having completed 6 weeks my knee is well on the mend and surgery is no longer being considered. I'm very pleased with the outcome and can't recommend Kash highly enough.

20th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I first met Kash Akhtar when I was transferred to The Royal London in the early hours of the morning from the P.A.H in Harlow after a traumatic knee injury, the consultant who I was under had been trying to find a surgeon who would operate I think my age (mid sixties) and that I was overweight didn’t help but thankfully Kash Akhtar was the one who took me on and how thankful I am! From the first he seemed very professional but was also compassionate, he told me the procedure and that it would be life changing, Boy! Was he right! But I felt that if anybody was going to help me it was him and I was right to feel that way. He has done a terrific job on my leg, 2 years later here I am, life has changed but thanks to Kash its not as bad as I thought it would be, he has given me the chance to walk again for which I will be eternal grateful, and in being able to walk and bend my leg he has saved my sanity. Every time I have seen him he has been charming friendly and at times he has been funny and seems genuinely to care how things are proceeding, it is a pleasure to see him, he is easy to talk with and he explains everything so well. I could go on forever singing his praises but the bottom line for what he has done for me is as the song goes he is “simply the best” I would have no hesitation in telling anyone with a knee injury or needing a replacement to try their best to see him. The Royal London should be pleased and proud that he is one of their team. Again all my thanks for everything Lynda Davis

19th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I first met Mr Akhtar post-surgery for a complicated knee break. I had damaged my PCL and there had been debates around whether surgery was needed or not. Kash explained to me, in detail, my options and recommended using a PCL brace rather than have the operation. He listened to my concerns, worries and his advice and recommendation resulted in successful healing. I am extremely grateful to Kash for all his help and support and I look forward to getting back to full activity soon.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4