Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I was referred to; Mr Akhtar for a very painful issue with my right knee. My knee was incredibly swollen and I suffered lots of pain ascending stairs. Following an MRI scan to help with the diagnosis, and a most through examination, which revealed wear of the cartilage, I went though a period of physiotherapy to strengthen the knee and other supporting muscles. Today, 22nd November, I was discharged by Mr Akhtar. My knee is so much better, and I only suffer an occasional twinge and a little swelling. Mr Akhtar has given me advice on how to keep improving the situation, and how to deal with the occasional flare ups I might get. He also reassuringly told me to get a referral to him should my situation deteriorate. Mr Akhtar was so professional in dealing with me, yet very friendly too. I felt completely at ease with him, confident that I was with a great professional , who would do the very best for my situation. I'm so grateful to him for improving my quality of life so much.

Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

Dr Akhtar has been extraordinarily attentive, dedicated and effective in diagnosing my conditioning and prescribing suitable treatment. His work ethic and professionalism are impeccable. May I also add how big a difference you made by resolving this issue with my knee: while I appreciate it is a small ailment in the grand scheme of things, now that I'm returning to regular running I fully understand what a difference to my quality of life being able to do so makes. So, a heartfelt thank you for bringing me back on track!

Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

"Kash is the best knee doctor in London" was the quote that I got from my physio when I searching for surgeons after an ACL tear in early 2018. He did not disappoint. He obviously has incredible knowledge and understanding but what sets him apart is the way he can convey very complicated medical jargon in a way that makes you feel comfortable. I am now 9 months post surgery and I have no complaints. He is extremely professional and I would recommend him to anyone.

21st November 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I was referred to Dr Akhtar after suffering many years of acute knee pain. We underwent several tests and scans and whilst the obvious and perhaps easiest route was surgery Dr Akhtar encouraged me to undergo some intense physio as he believed with the right discipline it could avoid the surgery. After 3 months of work I am almost pain free. I am delighted with the outcome and hugely impressed with this Doctors integrity and professionalism.

9th November 2018
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Following an ACL rupture back in September 2017, I was referred to Kash and I could not be more pleased with the care I have received since then. From the outset Kash laid out all of the options available to me and did not just push surgery as the only option, although this was the route I pursued in the end. This level of care for me as a patient continued throughout the surgery and the post surgery care, right up to my final meeting with Kash where I have now been fully signed off. Throughout the whole process Kash has kept me informed and updated at every turn. He uses everyday terms so you can easily understand what he is trying to tell you, and was upfront and honest with where I was in the process compared to where others he has treated previously have been. I honestly don't think that my recovery from the injury would have gone any where near as smoothly without the care and attention I have been afforded by Kash and so I wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending him.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4