28th February 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I suffered a PCL tear at the end of September 2016, and was recently discharged following non-operative rehabilitation. Mr Akhtar managed the process and was in regular touch with my physiotherapist, whom he recommended. I saw Mr Akhtar three times within a month of my injury - following the injury itself, following an MRI scan, and for the fitting of a brace. I then saw Mr Akhtar twice more - for an update on my progress in late-November, and for a review three months after the injury, at the start of September. I was fortunate to not need an operation, and this was in part thanks to the quick assessment I was able to get with Mr Akhtar, with a brace ordered for the injury, and physiotherapy alongside my reviews with Mr Akhtar. In particular, Mr Akhtar took time to contact several companies for an appropriate dynamic PCL brace. Though I hope to not have any future knee problems, I would not hesitate to go back to see Mr Akhtar should the need arise.

11th February 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I have been very happy with the care Mr Kash Akhtar provided to address a meniscal tear in my knee. Unlike the 'trigger happy' general reputation of orthopaedic surgeons (who are renowned for being very keen on surgery straight away), Mr Akhtar proposed conservative treatment options first, to potentially avoid the need to operate. However, sadly physio treatment did not fix the symptoms, so I returned for Mr Akhtar to conduct a meniscectomy. He explained the options and potential outcomes very clearly. The surgery went well and following further physio treatment to strengthen the muscles whose weakness may have contributed to the original injury, 6 months after surgery I am now back in shape running half marathons. The post-operation checkups and communication from Mr Kash Akhtar have also been first class. Should I ever have more problems with my knees, I would certainly use Mr Akhtar's services again.

23rd December 2016
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I am just recovering from a knee arthroscopy in which Mr Akhtar conducted a menisectomy for a torn meniscus and radiofrequency chondroplasty for fairly extensive osteoarthritis. I have had three previous knee operations but never had everything explained to me with such clarity as with Mr Akhtar. In addition to this, it is very evident that he is an extremely skillful surgeon who takes extraordinary care during his operations. This was very apparent during the debrief when he talked me through a video of the procedure he performed on my knee. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Ahktar to anyone needing advice or surgery on their knee. I am very grateful that I had the good fortune to be treated by him and am confident that my knee is now in the best condition it could be in.

21st December 2016
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I had problems with my right knee for over a year where I was unable to receive a proper diagnosis or evaluation to allow me to play sport without any swelling or difficulty in my knee until I met Mr Akhtar. I explained the symptoms I was experiencing before Mr Akhtar assessed me. I took his advice on board which I'm extremely grateful for as I am now aiming to be back playing sport by Feb 17. Everything was thoroughly explained to me from start to finish so I understood the procedure/ surgery that lay ahead of me and what rehab was required to enable me to get back to playing sport without any issues. I had a complex tear of my meniscus and loose cartilage floating around my knee. Mr Akhtar performed my surgery in August 16 and my recovery so far has been great due to the superb job carried out during my surgery. I've now got full flexion in my knee and I'm now back running on the treadmill and carrying out all of my rehab exercises. I had full trust in Mr Akhtar and would definitely recommend his services.

4th December 2016
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Mr Akhtar helped me prepare for, conducted, and assisted me after, my ACL reconstruction surgery. Mr Akhtar is clearly a skilled and knowledgable doctor as my pre surgery advice has helped me recover quickly after a surgery that went off without a hitch. What makes him extraordinary however is his understanding of patient care. From the beginning he has made himself fully available to me, even with small questions or concerns, which went a long way to helping me feel like I was in good hands. I would highly recommend Mr Akhtar to anyone.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4