10th March 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

Mr Akhtar was very friendly; he put me at ease and always apologised for running behind schedule, even if this was just by a couple of minutes. Mr Akhtar took time to explain the options available to me; it didn’t feel rushed and he didn’t force me into an operation. Everything was in plain English; Mr Akhtar drew diagrams and used models to ensure that I fully understood and could make an informed decision. The injection that I was given seems to have worked, which is a very good outcome as far as I am concerned; prior to this, I had weeks of physiotherapy with very little noticeable improvement in my symptoms. Even if this doesn’t work longer term Mr Akhtar gave me the option of going back for another injection in a couple of months’ time. Mr Akhtar always took the time to check whether I had any questions before leaving the appointment. I would highly recommend Mr Akhtar and I would feel comfortable approaching him regarding any further treatment in the future.

5th March 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I am delighted by the care that I received from Kash Akhtar for my torn meniscus and give him my highest recommendation. His explanations of what he would likely find, and how he would proceed, during surgery were thorough and clear, and he gained my complete confidence. On the day of the procedure, he once again took me through what was going to happen, and gave me precise information about how I should structure my convalescence. I cannot believe how quickly I have recovered -- after months and months of pain, I am now walking quite normally and without any discomfort just two and a half weeks after the surgery -- indeed, the discomfort has been minimal throughout, even on the days following the procedure. In my follow-up appointment, Kash talked me through the video of the procedure, showing exactly what he had done (and not done) to address my poor ravaged meniscus. I enjoyed all my interactions with Kash -- he is a great communicator and an excellent surgeon. I consider him to be an intelligent and compassionate individual who also has technical skills and knowledges of the highest order.

20th February 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I was referred to Dr Akhtar for a pain in my knee, after an MRI he explained to me that my meniscus was damaged and I needed a surgery to fix the issue (debridement) He was very knowledgeable and reassured me about the outcome and full recovery. Having been a professional footballer, I really wanted to be able to carry on playing football with my children and thanks to Dr Akhtar I am now back to normal and on the field! I would described Dr Akhtar as a very professional, approachable person. He always explained things in details and he is very reassuring. Thank you

15th February 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

After what seemed an innocuous fall, a number of months later, still hobbling with little progress and advised that surgery to replace my ACL was the next step, I went to see Mr Akhtar for a second opinion. He listened, was supportive, clinically clear and suggested an alternative non-operative approach. He proactively liaised and worked with my physio, and was always contactable. Not only did he get me back on my feet, he also got me back on my skis for the season. All of which is thanks to mr Akhtar’s clinical guidance and reassurance and working collaboration with my physio. I would not bring skiing this season without the clinical expertise of Mr Akhtar. Would highly recommend.

2nd February 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

At every appointment Kash explained everything clearly to me using language I could easily understand, drawing diagrams and using models to aid. He is very open, honest and approachable. Despite the amount of damage to my knee, the operation has been a great success, and you can’t even see the scars. I would highly recommend him.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4