21st November 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I was referred to Dr Akhtar after suffering many years of acute knee pain. We underwent several tests and scans and whilst the obvious and perhaps easiest route was surgery Dr Akhtar encouraged me to undergo some intense physio as he believed with the right discipline it could avoid the surgery. After 3 months of work I am almost pain free. I am delighted with the outcome and hugely impressed with this Doctors integrity and professionalism.

9th November 2018
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Following an ACL rupture back in September 2017, I was referred to Kash and I could not be more pleased with the care I have received since then. From the outset Kash laid out all of the options available to me and did not just push surgery as the only option, although this was the route I pursued in the end. This level of care for me as a patient continued throughout the surgery and the post surgery care, right up to my final meeting with Kash where I have now been fully signed off. Throughout the whole process Kash has kept me informed and updated at every turn. He uses everyday terms so you can easily understand what he is trying to tell you, and was upfront and honest with where I was in the process compared to where others he has treated previously have been. I honestly don't think that my recovery from the injury would have gone any where near as smoothly without the care and attention I have been afforded by Kash and so I wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending him.

8th November 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I suffered a full ACL tear from a football injury and did some hefty research on available knee consultants in the London area. Kash was my preferred choice (mainly from reading reviews like this!) and i have been really pleased from start to finish. A great surgeon who clearly explained the process at every step and gave great advice post surgery to enable a full recovery. I would also add that he is a great bloke, funny, relaxed and makes it very hassle free. Highly recommend.

2nd November 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

Kash is an outstanding surgeon I would recommend to anyone: I apparently had one of the nastiest bucket handle tear of the meniscus he's ever seen in his entire career along with a complete ACL rupture. Kash suggested a staged approach to repair the meniscus first and then do the ACL at a later stage. Before going into surgery, we didn't know whether a repair of the meniscus was possible or it needed to be removed completely. Despite the complex tear, Kash was able to fully repair my meniscus. I am now three months post surgery and, while I need to wait an extra month for impact workouts, I can do everything I was able to do before the injury, have no pain at all and barely had any swelling throughout the past 12 weeks. Finally, this was pretty much my first surgery and Kash was very empathetic and supportive, answered all my (also silly) questions and took me through how the procedure was going to work. Moreover, he got on my case super quickly and after I saw him on the Friday he was able to operate the following Monday - I would not have resolved this as quickly if it wasn't for him! If I need or decide to repair my ACL, I know where to go without the shadow of a doubt.

24th October 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I was referred to Kash through my insurance company after a serious knee injury. I have been delighted with the help I have received from him. He was very professional throughout our contact. He conducted a thorough examination and put me in for an MRI - which revealed an ACL tear, but Kash delivered the bad news in a reassuring and compassionate way. He outlined the options and recommended holding off on surgery and completing a course of physiotherapy in the first instance. Kash recommended a very good physio and having completed 6 weeks my knee is well on the mend and surgery is no longer being considered. I'm very pleased with the outcome and can't recommend Kash highly enough.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4