9th December 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

Dr Akhtar was very open and honest in his discussions both pre and post surgery.. He has a very relaxed but professional manner that gave comfort as well as confidence in the procedure. He was efficient and honest in his answers, but took time to answer all my questions no matter what they were. Pre-surgery he explained the procedure and any possible negatives that could occur. Post operation Dr Akhtar tales me through the procedure, showed me the video of the operation and took time to explain the longer term prognosis for my condition. Several weeks have passed since the operation and I am very happy with the result of the procedure that have both taken away the initial problem, as well as support the longer term prognosis. All in all, I was very happy with Dr Akhtar at all stages of the consultation and would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

26th November 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I suffered a grade 3 tear to my MCL in January of this year and was referred to Kash by my consultant. From the outset I was keen to not have surgery, and Kash agreed to attempt rehabilitation by non-surgical means whilst constantly monitoring for any progress. In the end, unfortunately, surgery was required, and in May he operated, grafting a donor tissue to strengthen the knee. 6 months on and I am almost back to full fitness and planning my return to sports. I found Kash to be personable and listens to what his patients ask and offers a range of solutions along the way.

Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I was referred to; Mr Akhtar for a very painful issue with my right knee. My knee was incredibly swollen and I suffered lots of pain ascending stairs. Following an MRI scan to help with the diagnosis, and a most through examination, which revealed wear of the cartilage, I went though a period of physiotherapy to strengthen the knee and other supporting muscles. Today, 22nd November, I was discharged by Mr Akhtar. My knee is so much better, and I only suffer an occasional twinge and a little swelling. Mr Akhtar has given me advice on how to keep improving the situation, and how to deal with the occasional flare ups I might get. He also reassuringly told me to get a referral to him should my situation deteriorate. Mr Akhtar was so professional in dealing with me, yet very friendly too. I felt completely at ease with him, confident that I was with a great professional , who would do the very best for my situation. I'm so grateful to him for improving my quality of life so much.

Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

Dr Akhtar has been extraordinarily attentive, dedicated and effective in diagnosing my conditioning and prescribing suitable treatment. His work ethic and professionalism are impeccable. May I also add how big a difference you made by resolving this issue with my knee: while I appreciate it is a small ailment in the grand scheme of things, now that I'm returning to regular running I fully understand what a difference to my quality of life being able to do so makes. So, a heartfelt thank you for bringing me back on track!

Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

"Kash is the best knee doctor in London" was the quote that I got from my physio when I searching for surgeons after an ACL tear in early 2018. He did not disappoint. He obviously has incredible knowledge and understanding but what sets him apart is the way he can convey very complicated medical jargon in a way that makes you feel comfortable. I am now 9 months post surgery and I have no complaints. He is extremely professional and I would recommend him to anyone.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4