Mr Kartikae Grover

27th February 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

Following a voluntary random trial screen for women 47 to 49 yrs,, to my horror, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast in December, 2016. After the initial trepidation, fears and natural concern, I underwent a series of screens and biopsies. I was initially scheduled to have a lumpectomy but late MRI scans and further ultrasound exams revealed a number of other small but suspicious areas in the breast, which upset the surgery scheduling. At short notice, I was transferred to the care of Mr Grover and even from the very first consultation, I was immediately reassured by this quite wonderful man. He is blessed with an air of compassionate understanding. He is unassuming but reassuringly professional and these qualities were abundantly evident in all my subsequent meetings with him. He has a great rapport with his staff, in particular, the wonderfully compassionate McMillan nurse, Phillipa, who has been a tremendous support for both my husband and I throughout this process. They took the time to listen and unbelievably, managed to reschedule me in to the original surgery slot to perform a full mastectomy. This was after Mr Grover had carefully outlined all the options and implications and if ever there was an example of truly informed consent, this was it. He agreed to perform a reconstruction ( implant) at the same time and his after care has been exemplary. The operation was a great success and the post op biopsy revealed that the decision to have the mastectomy was exactly the right one. Thanks to Mr Grover and his team, I can now smile again. All traces gone and my lymph nodes are clear meaning that my follow on treatment is now very straightforward. At a time when the NHS is under some strain, this is truly an example of the wonderful work that they do. Mr Grover and his team are a shining example of all that is best in our Health Service. My husband and I are so grateful to him and I could not recommend this man highly enough. Thank you so much and my final message to all women who are considering trail screening is , do not hesitate. I consider myself lucky to have taken part.

14th November 2016
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I was diagnosed with 1st stage cancer december 2015 i had 3 opperations to remove the cells with no luck so in april had a mastectomy , i honestly couldnt have wished for a more compasionate careing, understanding man as Mr Grover, he calmed all my fears ,listerned to me and when i was upset which was often, he made me feel human, he never made me feel guilty for being upset , he is such a lovely genuine man and i cannot give him enough praise, the day after my mastectomy i got a blood clot in my back and had to be rushed down for emergency surgery i then had to have a blood transfusion and i have never felt so ill in my life ,i thought i was dying but Mr grover came almost immediately and it felt like god walking through the door, he was totally calm and in control of the situation and i knew he would keep me safe, he is an absolute credit to the nhs and for anyone going through cancer he is the most wonderfull surgeon you could ever hope to meet, I am so very grateful to have been placed under his care, he is a wonderful man.

3rd November 2016
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I was diagnosed with an aggressive breast cancer in August 2014 and following chemotherapy had a mastectomy performed by Mr Grover in February 2015. Radiotherapy and herceptin treatments followed and following my one year check I decided to think about reconstruction which would also entail a reduction in my remaining breast. I had been impressed with Mr Grovers compassion and professionalism with my mastectomy and my admiration for him has grown further with my treatment this year. I have just undergone a reconstruction and reduction. Mr Grover listened to my hopes and fears about the operation and took into account things going on currently in my life. The operation was scheduled to fit around my sons 18th birthday and my wedding anniversary! It was done within one operation as I requested. I was made to feel as though I was in control, had choices and I mattered. Although it is early days the result is fantastic and I finally feel 'normal' again. Not only is Mr Grover an excellent surgeon but he is also a thoroughly nice and decent human being.

26th February 2016
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I am a 65 year old lady who was referred to Dr Grover for breast reduction surgery. If I was to design and create a perfect breast doctor/ surgeon it would be him. His understanding, sensitivity and careful explanations filled me with confidence to undergo this surgery. For anyone with large breasts I would say don't hesitate, my life has changed! I no longer agonise over what to wear every morning or for special occasions, I will put a swim suit on and no longer feel self conscious, I now enjoy shopping for clothes because I can find them to fit. More than that my back and neck pain has almost gone. Thank you so much for making such an excellent job in reducing my breast size. I didn't realise just how much skill was needed until I went through the process. A big thank you to all the team from the registrars, anaesthetists, nurses to the lovely lady who cleaned my room. I am very grateful.

20th January 2016
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I would like to offer my highest recommendation to Mr Grover. Throughout the process of the discovery of my BRCA Gene mutation Mr Grover and his team offered both support information in a very "human" way. This is something that can be overlooked in the medical proffession. Throughout the process of my two stage bilateral mastectomy I was reassured by the diligence and support of Mr Grover and his team. I cannot express how greatefull I was to have been operated on at Castle Hill hospital in this department. Previously I have paid for procedures within private hospital, whilst i have also received good care, I have paid many thousands of pounds for this care. I can honestly say that the treatment at Castle Hill by Mr Grover has been above and beyond. And of course far less expensive! Once again I cannot express my thanks to Dr Grover for his outstanding support and service.

Short link to review Mr Kartikae Grover: http://iwgc.net/efv4c