Mr Kartikae Grover

28th September 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

Mr Grover is an incredibly caring man who explained everything to me in great detail in relation to my breast cancer. Mr Grover was very reassuring both before and after my surgery. I was diagnosed with Stage 1, grade 3 breast cancer in August/September 2017. Mr Grover also has a great sense of humour and is obviously very well thought of by the staff who work with him. My breast cancer nurse, Heather, has gone above and beyond what could be expected of a nurse. My treatment isn't finished yet but if the treatment I receive matches the treatment so far I will be very happy.

29th April 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

Mr Grover put me at ease. He appreciated that I am a nurse and talked to me in medical terminology i understood. I sailed through my surgery and felt fully informed at all times.

4th April 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

Mr Grover has been just outstanding from my breast cancer diagnosis this time last year until today. He is compassionate, understanding and guide simply the best, I couldn't wish for a better consultant. Throughout my excellent treatment he has been supportive, explaining each step in simple terms and great detail and I have always felt reassured and confident at every stage of my treatment. I can't think of any way in which his performance could be improved and I would also mention the total professionalism of not only Mr Grover, but also his excellent staff.

27th February 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

Following a voluntary random trial screen for women 47 to 49 yrs,, to my horror, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast in December, 2016. After the initial trepidation, fears and natural concern, I underwent a series of screens and biopsies. I was initially scheduled to have a lumpectomy but late MRI scans and further ultrasound exams revealed a number of other small but suspicious areas in the breast, which upset the surgery scheduling. At short notice, I was transferred to the care of Mr Grover and even from the very first consultation, I was immediately reassured by this quite wonderful man. He is blessed with an air of compassionate understanding. He is unassuming but reassuringly professional and these qualities were abundantly evident in all my subsequent meetings with him. He has a great rapport with his staff, in particular, the wonderfully compassionate McMillan nurse, Phillipa, who has been a tremendous support for both my husband and I throughout this process. They took the time to listen and unbelievably, managed to reschedule me in to the original surgery slot to perform a full mastectomy. This was after Mr Grover had carefully outlined all the options and implications and if ever there was an example of truly informed consent, this was it. He agreed to perform a reconstruction ( implant) at the same time and his after care has been exemplary. The operation was a great success and the post op biopsy revealed that the decision to have the mastectomy was exactly the right one. Thanks to Mr Grover and his team, I can now smile again. All traces gone and my lymph nodes are clear meaning that my follow on treatment is now very straightforward. At a time when the NHS is under some strain, this is truly an example of the wonderful work that they do. Mr Grover and his team are a shining example of all that is best in our Health Service. My husband and I are so grateful to him and I could not recommend this man highly enough. Thank you so much and my final message to all women who are considering trail screening is , do not hesitate. I consider myself lucky to have taken part.

14th November 2016
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I was diagnosed with 1st stage cancer december 2015 i had 3 opperations to remove the cells with no luck so in april had a mastectomy , i honestly couldnt have wished for a more compasionate careing, understanding man as Mr Grover, he calmed all my fears ,listerned to me and when i was upset which was often, he made me feel human, he never made me feel guilty for being upset , he is such a lovely genuine man and i cannot give him enough praise, the day after my mastectomy i got a blood clot in my back and had to be rushed down for emergency surgery i then had to have a blood transfusion and i have never felt so ill in my life ,i thought i was dying but Mr grover came almost immediately and it felt like god walking through the door, he was totally calm and in control of the situation and i knew he would keep me safe, he is an absolute credit to the nhs and for anyone going through cancer he is the most wonderfull surgeon you could ever hope to meet, I am so very grateful to have been placed under his care, he is a wonderful man.

Short link to review Mr Kartikae Grover: http://iwgc.net/efv4c