Mr Kanna Gnanalingham

After studying Medicine in Manchester, Mr Gnanalingham completed his Neurosurgical training in London. This included specialist training in Complex spinal surgery, Pituitary and Skull base surgery, at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. He learned minimally invasive techniques at several centres in the UK and US and was appointed as a Consultant at the Greater Manchester Neuroscience Centre at Salford Royal Foundation Trust (SRFT) in 2005. He is also an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Manchester. His sub-speciality interests include pituitary, anterior skull base and complex spine surgery, utilising minimally invasive techniques. He is the lead consultant for Pituitary surgery in Manchester and introduced the endoscopic approach to the region. With respect to the spine, Mr Gnanalingham has particular interests in degenerative spinal disease, spinal trauma, tumours, spinal arthroplasty and other motion preserving technologies. He has a preference for minimally invasive spinal approaches that minimise post-operative pain and speed up post-operative recovery. In recognition of his expertise, Mr Gnanalingham is frequently invited to speak at national and international meetings and conduct workshops for spinal and pituitary disorders. He offers an international fellowship in minimally invasive surgery. He has a strong interest in clinical and basic science research in Neuroscience, qualified to a doctorate level, with over 100 publications and international presentations. Publications (Pubmed) - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=gnanalingham+k

• Neurosurgery

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I was treated recently by Mr. Gnanalingham for back pain. My condition was thoroughly investigated via MRI Scans, XRays and nerve conduction tests. I received treatment in the form of an epidural injection in my lower spine under light anaesthetic. I was dealt with at all times in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner and was given the option of further treatment should that be necessary.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I cannot thank Mr. Gnanalingham enough, his personalised style of dealing with his patients immediately eased all of my concerns. His ability to give me a clear and comprehensive explanation for my condition and the way forward restored my confidence and ability to deal with my condition.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I have been treated with the upmost respect and professionalism. I was put at ease and reassured throughout my treatment and during a time which was distressing and frightening. I cannot recommend Mr Gnanalingham enough together with his fantastic support team. He is an outstanding master of his trade and a true gentleman. I and my family will be eternally grateful to him for his care, support and expertise.

4th August 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

From my first meeting everything was explained clearly and precisely. From Mr Gnanalingham through to the specialist nurse and the whole team, prior and post operation. Any questions were dealt with sympathetically and responded to very quickly. I have now been discharged but if I had to go back in the future, would do so with zero trepidation and total confidence.

4th August 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I underwent surgery for a pituitary tumor on the twenty ninth of March 2019. The surgery was performed at the Salford Royal Hospital by Mr K Gnanalingham, In my opinion a truly exceptional surgeon. I underwent endoscopic surgery through the right nasal passage, through the sinus to the base of the skull and the removal of the tumor from the underside of the pituritary gland. I underwent the surgery and was allowed home the day after, having had no after effects or any bruising whatsoever from the operation.I have received excellent aftercare from Mr Gnanalingham's team and the doctors and staff of the Salford Royal Hospital. I would highly recommend Mr Gnanalingham, his team and the hospital staff at Salford Royal NHS foundation trust.

Nearest Neurosurgeons