Mr Kanna Gnanalingham

After studying Medicine in Manchester, Mr Gnanalingham completed his Neurosurgical training in London. This included specialist training in Complex spinal surgery, Pituitary and Skull base surgery, at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. He learned minimally invasive techniques at several centres in the UK and US and was appointed as a Consultant at the Greater Manchester Neuroscience Centre at Salford Royal Foundation Trust (SRFT) in 2005. He is also an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Manchester. His sub-speciality interests include pituitary, anterior skull base and complex spine surgery, utilising minimally invasive techniques. He is the lead consultant for Pituitary surgery in Manchester and introduced the endoscopic approach to the region. With respect to the spine, Mr Gnanalingham has particular interests in degenerative spinal disease, spinal trauma, tumours, spinal arthroplasty and other motion preserving technologies. He has a preference for minimally invasive spinal approaches that minimise post-operative pain and speed up post-operative recovery. In recognition of his expertise, Mr Gnanalingham is frequently invited to speak at national and international meetings and conduct workshops for spinal and pituitary disorders. He offers an international fellowship in minimally invasive surgery. He has a strong interest in clinical and basic science research in Neuroscience, qualified to a doctorate level, with over 100 publications and international presentations. Publications (Pubmed) - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=gnanalingham+k

• Neurosurgery

12th October 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

Good afternoon, It's been a while since my surgery however, this does not impair my remembrance. The before and after care I received from Mr Kanna Gnanalingham, Fiona Cairns, Petuity Nurse, Andrea, secretary and Salford Royal Hospital is second to none. They were exemplary. Even family and friends commented on their care and attention toward me and it continues. I could contact the team easily and found that nothing was any trouble for them, any concerns I had were dealt with speedily. I felt listened to and truly cared for. I could have not received any more greater care. I was favoured and highly blessed to have been a patient under their care. I was informed at every stage before and after the surgery and allowed to question no matter how trivial the query may have been. I sing their praises to all I meet. Thank you all for making what could have been a frightening time, a wonderful experience.

11th October 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I have been under Mr Gnanalingham's care for the last two and half years. Our first meeting he was honest and direct because I was an emergency and was in theatre for my first operation within 11 days of my initial appointment. He was and is thorough, he looked at my past scans in previous years to ensure there was no pre-existing conditions that went unnoticed. My medical condition was complex and with a team of neurosurgeon I was discussed and he put in place a care plan how to deal with what was revealed on the CT and MRI scan and prioritised how the care would be conducted. I totally believe in Mr Gnanalingham and his team, they were always available and took time out to see me when things didn't go as plan. He talks through your medical condition, keeps you informed and explain what needs to be done …………...and also listens and that's very important!! I truly believe in him and have faith in him 110%!!

11th October 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

Mr. K. Gnanalingham is a very friendly caring consultant and surgeon, very easy to talk to and very skilled and efficient. He performed my brain surgery, and it healed up very quickly and also very neatly. He discussed the scans on follow ups, and explained everything I need to know in a lovely manner. I couldn't have had a better Doctor.

10th October 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

Mr K Gnanalingham is a great consultant a great man and human. He sees me once a year and everytime I see him his got a smile on his face shakes hands and immediately makes you feel at ease. A wonderful great man Salford royal are very lucky to have him.

10th October 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

What can I say about this fantastic surgeon , he’s just lovely, he makes you feel at ease, doesn’t rush you, and you don’t mind waiting because you know he’s so thorough and goes through everything with you, he’s so popular, He’s removed my pituitary tumour, twice now. I can’t thank him enough, but most importantly he’s a kind caring man , a valuable asset to Salford royal.

Nearest Neurosurgeons