Mr Kanna Gnanalingham

After studying Medicine in Manchester, Mr Gnanalingham completed his Neurosurgical training in London. This included specialist training in Complex spinal surgery, Pituitary and Skull base surgery, at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. He learned minimally invasive techniques at several centres in the UK and US and was appointed as a Consultant at the Greater Manchester Neuroscience Centre at Salford Royal Foundation Trust (SRFT) in 2005. He is also an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Manchester. His sub-speciality interests include pituitary, anterior skull base and complex spine surgery, utilising minimally invasive techniques. He is the lead consultant for Pituitary surgery in Manchester and introduced the endoscopic approach to the region. With respect to the spine, Mr Gnanalingham has particular interests in degenerative spinal disease, spinal trauma, tumours, spinal arthroplasty and other motion preserving technologies. He has a preference for minimally invasive spinal approaches that minimise post-operative pain and speed up post-operative recovery. In recognition of his expertise, Mr Gnanalingham is frequently invited to speak at national and international meetings and conduct workshops for spinal and pituitary disorders. He offers an international fellowship in minimally invasive surgery. He has a strong interest in clinical and basic science research in Neuroscience, qualified to a doctorate level, with over 100 publications and international presentations. Publications (Pubmed) - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=gnanalingham+k

• Neurosurgery

9th August 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I have had two surgical procedures performed by Mr Gnanalingham and his team. On both occasions they were vey professional, putting me at ease and filling me with confidence. However during the second operation it was clear that the NHS is suffering due to lack of Government funding!

9th August 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

Mr Gnanalingham made me feel very much at ease from our first meeting. He takes time to listen, talks me through how my treatment is progressing, and has explained everything to me in a professional and very caring manner. After initial anxieties, I felt reassured and happier following each of our meetings and would not hesitate to recommend him.

4th August 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

Mr k gnanalingham is a brilliant surgeon. He has a wonderful bedside manner. He makes you feel at ease. He takes time to explain and to listen. Would definitely recommend him.

2nd August 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I have been under the care of Dr Gnanalingham for three years for treatment of a pituitary tumour and have undergone two operations (2016 & 2017). I have received excellent care throughout with clear explanations of what needed attention and how I have been progressing. My husband particularly appreciated Mr Gnanalingham contacting him personally after each operation to explain how it had gone.

28th July 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Due to suspected eye problems I was advised to see a Neurosurgeon. In due course I spoke to my GP asking for the best person in that field. Their recommendation was Mr Gnanalingham and my appointment was made with a very quick response from his P.A. From then on everything was taken care of very quickly with a head scan. On my first visit to Mr Gnanalingham, he put me completely at ease. My second visit resulted resulted in him, after reading all my past notes and scans, giving me the all clear. I cannot speak too highly of Mr Gnanalingham's mannerism and professional way I was treated. I very much appreciated his total dedication; it is second to none.

Nearest Neurosurgeons