Mr Kanna Gnanalingham

After studying Medicine in Manchester, Mr Gnanalingham completed his Neurosurgical training in London. This included specialist training in Complex spinal surgery, Pituitary and Skull base surgery, at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. He learned minimally invasive techniques at several centres in the UK and US and was appointed as a Consultant at the Greater Manchester Neuroscience Centre at Salford Royal Foundation Trust (SRFT) in 2005. He is also an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Manchester. His sub-speciality interests include pituitary, anterior skull base and complex spine surgery, utilising minimally invasive techniques. He is the lead consultant for Pituitary surgery in Manchester and introduced the endoscopic approach to the region. With respect to the spine, Mr Gnanalingham has particular interests in degenerative spinal disease, spinal trauma, tumours, spinal arthroplasty and other motion preserving technologies. He has a preference for minimally invasive spinal approaches that minimise post-operative pain and speed up post-operative recovery. In recognition of his expertise, Mr Gnanalingham is frequently invited to speak at national and international meetings and conduct workshops for spinal and pituitary disorders. He offers an international fellowship in minimally invasive surgery. He has a strong interest in clinical and basic science research in Neuroscience, qualified to a doctorate level, with over 100 publications and international presentations. Publications (Pubmed) - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=gnanalingham+k

• Neurosurgery

15th November 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

What a wonderful wonderful Dr. One that I trusted completely. He totally explained everything in a way that was simple for me to understand and made me feel as comfortable as possible about the procedure he was about to perform. The whole Nuerolgical team were amazing. When Mr. G could not attend the ward his assistant was so thorough with her knowledge of what blood tests were to be performed and when. I was so impressed and felt as though I was his only patient. Everyone on his team showed such a huge amount of care and concern especially his secretary Andrea who was always available with anything I required. She really became a very special person in my life from the first time I contacted her and I grew to trust her completely as I did with all the Drs on his team. I recently had my follow up appt with Mr.G and although I waited 2 hours to see him he is 100% worth the wait. He does not rush his appointments, he gives each and everyone of his patients all the time they need. I remember the very first time I had an appt with Mr. G. I also had to wait for a long time, I can't remember how long but I do remember being really angry about it. I remember the lady sitting behind me heard me moaning to my Mum and turned around and said " I just want to let you know that no matter how long you have to wait Mr. G is a fantastic surgeon and well worth the wait". She could not have been more correct. On closing I would just like to say he is an absolute credit to the NHS in every single way and I will remain grateful to him and his most amazing team forever.

10th November 2018
Written by a carer at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

My 90 year old mother had been suffering from sciatica for some months so I researched back specialists very carefully before deciding on Mr Gnanalingham. I was not disappointed in any way. He is knowledgeable, professional, approachable and caring. He diagnosed and treated her with 100% success. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

9th November 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I was diagnosed just over 16 months ago with a slow growing pituitary tumour after suffering with severe headaches, feeling nauseous and finally my eyesight failing in my left eye. I was placed under the care of Mr Kanna gnanalingham at Salford royal. After many months of suffering my tumour took a turn for the worst and became a fast growing tumour causing many health problems. Mr Gnanalingham saved my life, along with many other doctors and nurses in his team.i found him to be very professional,caring, and explained in great detail what I was going through and what was about to happen to me in the operation and afterwards,the care I received was amazing.my family and I will always be truly grateful for the hard work and commitment I received through what was the worst time of my life .iam very lucky and grateful to be here today.i have no hesitation in recommending Mr Kanna gnanalingham to other patients

2nd November 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

After being under Mr. Gnanalingham’s care in Salford Royal Hospital I attended a follow up appointment three months after the initial accident. I found Mr. Gnanalingham extremely approachable, asked questions and was given answers I could understand (being a non medical person). He was extremely courteous and took time to make myself and my husband feel comfortable, he showed us the xrays taken at the time of my accident and fully explained any problems I could face in the future. He enquired about my general health and whether I was experiencing headaches etc due to the accident.

17th October 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I saw Mr Gnanalingham pre-operatively in March 2018. Since then he operated to remove my tumour and I saw him last week for the last time for this condition. On every occasion he has been very polite and quick to put both myself and any family members at ease. He took time to explain things and never hurried us away despite having other patients to see. I would have no hesitation in recommending patients to see Mr Gnanalingham and have confidence that they would receive the same high level of care that I did.

Short link to review Mr Kanna Gnanalingham: http://iwgc.net/ee3cu