Mr Kanna Gnanalingham

After studying Medicine in Manchester, Mr Gnanalingham completed his Neurosurgical training in London. This included specialist training in Complex spinal surgery, Pituitary and Skull base surgery, at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. He learned minimally invasive techniques at several centres in the UK and US and was appointed as a Consultant at the Greater Manchester Neuroscience Centre at Salford Royal Foundation Trust (SRFT) in 2005. He is also an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Manchester. His sub-speciality interests include pituitary, anterior skull base and complex spine surgery, utilising minimally invasive techniques. He is the lead consultant for Pituitary surgery in Manchester and introduced the endoscopic approach to the region. With respect to the spine, Mr Gnanalingham has particular interests in degenerative spinal disease, spinal trauma, tumours, spinal arthroplasty and other motion preserving technologies. He has a preference for minimally invasive spinal approaches that minimise post-operative pain and speed up post-operative recovery. In recognition of his expertise, Mr Gnanalingham is frequently invited to speak at national and international meetings and conduct workshops for spinal and pituitary disorders. He offers an international fellowship in minimally invasive surgery. He has a strong interest in clinical and basic science research in Neuroscience, qualified to a doctorate level, with over 100 publications and international presentations. Publications (Pubmed) - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=gnanalingham+k

• Neurosurgery

8th June 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I was advised to see Mr Gnanalingham by my chiropractor following a bulging disc which was not responding effectively to chiropractic treatment. I was extremely reluctant to consider a spinal epidural or surgery for this problem but after meeting Mr Gnanalingham, these fears were acknowledged but alleviated. Mr Gnanalingham was extremely reassuring, took time to explain my problem in great lengths and discussed all the options open to me without pressurising me at all. I opted for the spinal epidural which was arranged quickly. His team in theatre were extremely slick and competent, putting me at ease straight away. Follow up treatment has been really encouraging and reassuring. I would recommend Mr Gnanalingham to anyone with back problems, he really does help to take the fear factor out of it and I am very grateful to have my life back again. Thank you Mr G !

6th June 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

His a very good Doctor

23rd May 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I found Mr G to be very approachable, caring and kind. He spent time explaining my treatment options and was prompt in organising the treatment required. On a couple of occasions as a consequence of pain, I contacted Mr G, via his secretary, and he always returned my call. I felt very much part of treatment decisions and safe in his care. Following surgery, Mr G ensured that I was able to access physiotherapy to support my rehabilitation and recovery. Mr G’s secretary was also extremely helpful and whilst I was in hospital called on the ward to say hello, which both me and my wife really appreciated.

15th May 2019
Written by a carer at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Gnanalingham is a very professional consultant with a great experience. He has an excellent communication, excellent vision, great availability and extremely nice person. It's also important to mention his very nice and very well organized secretary Vaani, for arranging everything from the scratch making the treatment process very smooth and easy. Very well done and thank you very much for everything.

10th May 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I would highly recommend Mr Kanna Gnanalingham, Consultant Neurosurgeon. I have been under his care for the last 18 months for both lower back pain and a disc problem in my neck which was causing me significant pain and discomfort. I have always found him to have a lovely calm and caring manner and he took time to explain all my imaging and test results and to discuss fully the various treatment options. This allowed me to feel involved with my own care plan and I am delighted to say that I am currently pain-free without the need for surgery. He also has very efficient secretarial support from the lovely Vaani who was always just a phone call away for help and advice, and copies of all clinic letters were received promptly after each consultation. An all round excellent service from a highly regarded top class Neurosurgeon.

Short link to review Mr Kanna Gnanalingham: http://iwgc.net/ee3cu