Mr Kanna Gnanalingham

After studying Medicine in Manchester, Mr Gnanalingham completed his Neurosurgical training in London. This included specialist training in Complex spinal surgery, Pituitary and Skull base surgery, at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. He learned minimally invasive techniques at several centres in the UK and US and was appointed as a Consultant at the Greater Manchester Neuroscience Centre at Salford Royal Foundation Trust (SRFT) in 2005. He is also an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Manchester. His sub-speciality interests include pituitary, anterior skull base and complex spine surgery, utilising minimally invasive techniques. He is the lead consultant for Pituitary surgery in Manchester and introduced the endoscopic approach to the region. With respect to the spine, Mr Gnanalingham has particular interests in degenerative spinal disease, spinal trauma, tumours, spinal arthroplasty and other motion preserving technologies. He has a preference for minimally invasive spinal approaches that minimise post-operative pain and speed up post-operative recovery. In recognition of his expertise, Mr Gnanalingham is frequently invited to speak at national and international meetings and conduct workshops for spinal and pituitary disorders. He offers an international fellowship in minimally invasive surgery. He has a strong interest in clinical and basic science research in Neuroscience, qualified to a doctorate level, with over 100 publications and international presentations. Publications (Pubmed) - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=gnanalingham+k

• Neurosurgery

13th April 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Following a fall down a flight of stairs I experienced considerable pain in my hip, inner thigh & shin, I was recommended to Mr Gnanalingham at The Alexander Hospital Cheadle. Following a scan & X-ray, I was diagnosed with a lower back prolapsed disc. Mr Gnanalingham recommended an Epidural injection . This has slowly cured my pain over a period of 3/4 weeks & I’m as good as new! Mr Gnanalingham instilled confidence in me from the onset. I felt in safe experienced hands & feel able to recommend him wholeheartedly.

12th April 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Gnanalingham is at the top of his profession, highly skilled, extremely thoughtful and uncommonly kind. He exudes confidence in his own abilities for good reason, but is very humble nonetheless. I have recently had two major, near consecutive cervical spine operations under the care of Mr G as he is known, dealing with long term chronic degradation. ACDF at two levels and a three level foraminotomy. Both procedures were carried out successfully, with the minimum of fuss and allowed quick post operative recovery. My particular circumstances were fairly complex, with clinical presentation and scan / nerve conduction studies being slightly contradictory. Mr Gnanlingham provided very clear guidance through numerous consultations which enabled me to decide the right approach and treatment protocol in conjunction with him. I did previously take two other opinions before selecting Mr G. Any professional is only as good as the supporting team, in this case Vaani, Mr G’s secretary. She provided a simply outstanding level of service, always available, diligent and genuinely engaged with the patient. Based on my personal experiences, I can highly recommend ManchesterNeuro, Kanna is undoubtably one of the top Neurosurgeons in the north of England. KT, Lanc’s

4th April 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

The treatment I had before,during and after my surgery was absolutely first class. Mr Gnanalingham was always ready to answer any questions and put you at ease. A super person and had a brilliant team to back him up.

4th April 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

Mr Gnanalingham has a very friendly ,caring manner and sense of humour which puts one at their ease . . I had a meningioma tumour in the optical chiasm / pituitary area . I had full confidence in him dealing with this , and indeed the results have been excellent.

1st April 2019
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I was diagnosed with an Olfactory groove meningioma at another hospital which gave me no confidence in them at all, so I searched for a second opinion, as something as frightening as this, one wants to feel safe with the consultant you choose. As soon as I met Mr Gnanalingham I felt totally at ease, he spent time listening to every question I had to ask and answered them all. I knew straight away he was the one who I could trust to take me through this. I underwent the surgery in September 2017 with him and all the team. It went better than I could ever have hoped, I have made a full recovery and am back to a normal life. He is a real asset to the hospital and hope Salford Royal care for him as much as he is caring for me. Also in my research for information about him, a neurosurgeon surgeon as far away as Canada recommended him as one of the best.

Nearest Neurosurgeons