Mr Hama Attar

Hama is a consultant urological surgeon at Chelsea and Westminster hospital in London. In addition to general and diagnostic urology, he has an interest in treating kidney stones and kidney urothelial tumours using minimally invasive techniques and laser technology. Prior to becoming a consultant urologist, he undertook extensive training in Endourology and Stone Surgery at the Institute of Urology at University College London Hospital. Hama is very keen on academic activities and regularly teaches on different urological courses for junior urology trainees and nurses. He has published over 30 scientific papers which he has presented in various international meetings and his work on the subject of vasectomy has contributed to changing practice. He has obtained his Masters degree in urinary incontinence disorders from the University College London. He is a regular examiner for Imperial College medical students at Chelsea and Westminster, Charing Cross and St Mary's hospital. In his clinical practice, he creates an active team-working environment which reflects into providing the best possible care and outcomes for his patients.

• Urology

29th September 2016
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

Mr Attar is a wonderful doctor, very positive and helpful. I'm happy a patient of his. Thank you very much!

15th September 2016
Written by a carer at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

I accompanied my father during his consultation with Mr Attar last week. My father has problems with his prostate for few years and Mr Attar took time to explain how my father's large prostate caused his symptoms like waking up at night often and not emptying his bladder. Mr Attar was extremely polite and friendly, and had a very reassuring tone of voice which made me and my father both at ease. He spent time drawing diagrams of the bladder and prostate to make us understand what was happening exactly inside his body. He was so kind and after the consultation, he came with us and introduced us to one of his clinic's friendly nurses to do a flow test after he told us what that meant.. After the test, we saw him again and he told us in details the result of the test.. He was very thorough and used very simple language. He never made us feel that his clinic was busy and gave us plenty of time.. He gave my father a pill which he has been on for only 4 days and he has already improved and hardly now wakes up at night. Mr Attar is a very professional doctor whom we were lucky to meet and we will continue asking him to look my father.. He is highly recommended by us.

1st February 2016
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

Dr Attar was excellent at every stage, he was informative and explained everything in a professional manner, with an excellent bedside manner which made me feel very at ease at all times. He was present at all times from first consultation to my last discharge and I would recommend him to anybody. He carried out a Rt PCNL removing 4 renal stones And then at a later date a Lt flexible cystospy and removal of right ureteric stent I cannot recommend him and his team highly enough- brilliant

27th June 2015
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

I was admitted to AR following Lithotrpsy at another hospital. Mr Attar took time to explain the treatment, and made me feel confident in choosing a treatment.

Short link to review Mr Hama Attar: http://iwgc.net/egaup