Mr Julian Stevens MRCP,FRCS,FRCOphth.

Biography Julian Stevens won a scholarship to study Medicine at Merton College, University of Oxford, where he was then awarded a Postmaster scholarship. He graduated top of his year in 1980 and was awarded the Oxford University Prize in Medicine for the top First Class Honours Degree. He continued his clinical medical training at Clare College, University of Cambridge and at the Cambridge Medical School. Higher training was undertaken at the Oxford Eye Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital, London. After completing his general ophthalmic surgical training, he undertook two years of sub-specialist training, with Fellowships in Lens, Corneal and then Refractive Surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital. Mr Stevens was appointed as Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital in January 1996. His main interest is laser refractive surgery. He has been involved in the development and application of wavefront refractive surgery and has personally performed over 10,000 wavefront procedures. Mr Stevens was the first Director of Refractive Surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital. Mr Stevens is an examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and holds the Certification of the Royal College in Laser Refractive Surgery. He is an advisor to the British Society for Refractive Surgery and is on the Board of the International Society of Refractive Surgery. He has won prizes from both the American and the European Societies of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. He is the recipient of the 2007 American Academy of Ophthalmology (ISRS/ AAO) Lans award for innovation in refractive surgery. Internationally recognised as an expert opinion leader, Mr Stevens has published peer reviewed papers on refractive surgery and is regularly invited to deliver keynote lectures at national and international ophthalmic meetings. Mr Stevens trains Ophthalmic Surgeons in advanced refractive and cataract surgery. He founded the Moorfields basic and advanced IntraLASIK courses and the Moorfields wavefront training course for Ophthalmic Surgeons.

• Ophthalmology

22nd September 2018
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

At the age of 59, considered severely myopic (-10) and developing cataracts I decided it was time to do something about it. Initially I was very apprehensive about the whole procedure of removing the cataracts and replacing them with corrective lenses. I was recommended Mr Stevens at Moorfields Hospital. I contacted his admin team and very quickly set up a consultation with him. He was so very reassuring and confident that he could easily remove my cataracts and replace them with multi focal corrective lenses and even better he could do both eyes at the same time. I was extremely nervous on the day of the surgery, particularly if something should go wrong, but Mr Stevens and his team were quick to put my mind at rest. The support throughout the day was excellent. I was well looked after and very confident I was in very capable hands. The actual procedure was in two parts, the Femtosecond laser and then the surgery which in total took no more than about 30 minutes. Both procedures were painless and quick and not at all as scary as I had imagined they might be. I could see clearly almost immediately once the lenses had been inserted. I was then taken back to the ward to have a meal and a cup of tea and recover before being discharged by Mr Stevens. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Stevens and his team. Communication from him and his admin team in the lead up to the procedure and with the follow ups has always been very clear, supportive and helpful. The cost of the procedure and the multi focal lenses have been worth every penny. Without the aid of glasses I can easily read a book, read my texts, work on my computer, see long distance and drive. I only need glasses for very fine print, which is truly amazing. I am literally seeing the world through new eyes!

10th September 2018
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

Having recently had cataract surgery and laser surgery on both eyes carried out by Julian Stevens I highly recommend Julian and his team. The procedure has vastly improved my eyesight. What is impressive is the care and attention to detail at every stage by Julian and all his team. Absolutely first class

6th September 2018
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

This has been a life changing experience for me. Having had -14 vision and worn glasses and lenses for the last 53 years and developed cataracts, I now have 20/20 vision. Before I met Mr Stevens I was very nervous to have the procedure , but he and his team were most professional and put me at my ease. The surgery was quick and not at all painful and the after care superb. I cannot thank Mr Stevens and his team enough for this liberating outcome. Fiona Howe

23rd August 2018
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

Amazingly good surgeon with great clinical back up team. The process was pain free and very fast.

28th July 2018
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

I had catarrh and new lenses in both eyes together one month ago today. I am delighted and grateful. I can't speak highly enough of Julian and his friendly, compassionate team. Now i see with 20/20 vision, i check my phone, read what's on the packets in food suppermarkets and have superb long distance sight.. I'm 65 years old. And it will only get better over the next few months. Thank you..

Short link to review Mr Julian Stevens MRCP,FRCS,FRCOphth.: http://iwgc.net/efyo