Mr Julian Stevens

• Ophthalmology

11th December 2016
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

My vision required +6.5 contact lenses and +2 glasses on top for reading. Upon visiting Mr Stevens for a session of consultations and then lens replacement surgery my vision is better than he predicted i.e. perfect far, perfect middle and near vision that enables me to read a restaurant menu in poor light..... glasses only for prolonged reading in poor light...... and this is all form a lens replacement that a multi focal optical lease to replace my own lenses that were surgically removed. Clearly I have no accommodation i.e. ability for my eye muscles to adjust the plastic lens installed - the skill in addition to the surgery to remove my old lenses and replace with new was down to his fastidious assessment of not only my optical correction but also the shape of my eye that was to receive the lens........ each eye operated upon separately and perfect vision restored with 2 hours of the procedure and improvements noticed for the following 6 months...... LIFE CHANGING!

16th December 2014
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

I had laser eye surgery to correct my -6 vision with Mr Stevens. I felt he was a very gifted surgeon and I had great trust in his abilities. I would recommend him, however his communication style felt rushed and at times found it was hard to ask questions because it was clear from his body language and focus on the computer that he was finished with me. I don't wish to be negative but hope that Mr Stevens can find this feedback useful. If this were improved I would have had a 6 star experience! The team in the private outpatient setting were great and the pre-assessment was fantastic. My outcome was good with better vision now than with glasses. I'm very pleased.

3rd May 2011