Mr Julian Stevens

• Ophthalmology

6th September 2016
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

I did not have a positive experience for my consultation. My 'detailed' eye examination took no more than 15 minutes which comprised of a puff of air in my eye, a picture taken and reading letters on a screen. I wasn't asked about my previous prescriptions, whether glaucoma is in the family (which it is) or had the chance to mention about dots in my eyes. I then spent almost 2 hours waiting to see Mr Stevens and found him patronising and eager to get rid of me as it was the end of day. I spent 10 minutes with him. I then was told I had to pay the consultation fee which I found laughable considering I'd been there two and a half hours and had no more than 25 minutes face time during the whole time. The experience left me feeling cross and ripped off.

16th December 2014
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

I had laser eye surgery to correct my -6 vision with Mr Stevens. I felt he was a very gifted surgeon and I had great trust in his abilities. I would recommend him, however his communication style felt rushed and at times found it was hard to ask questions because it was clear from his body language and focus on the computer that he was finished with me. I don't wish to be negative but hope that Mr Stevens can find this feedback useful. If this were improved I would have had a 6 star experience! The team in the private outpatient setting were great and the pre-assessment was fantastic. My outcome was good with better vision now than with glasses. I'm very pleased.

3rd May 2011