Mr Jose Bunola Cerda

Written by a NHS patient at Hull Royal Infirmary
18th February 2021

Mr Bunola has been amazing. My first op on my knee was back in August 2020 to sort out cartilage and ligament issues, after being badly injured. He was amazing! Unfortunately, I need further surgery for a partial knee replacement- this has obviously been delayed due to Covid and I’ve had to have a couple of steroid injections to keep me mobile but I know I am in the best hands and I have complete faith in him.

Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary
24th April 2019

I was referred to Mr Bunola following long standing problems with my left knee. After the scans were performed he told me that they didn't look particularly good but he would do the best he could. Mr Bunola carried out a procedure called microfracture. After the surgery had settled down and following home based re-hab the kne moved much more freely than before and the pain was far less too. That was in excess of 5 years ago and the knee is still holding up (even after skiing). There are many times that I had thought of at least sending a letter to thank him for his great work but sadly I've never got round to it. Mr Bunola is a top surgeon, as someone said in an earlier review the Rolls Royce in the business.

Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital
7th October 2018

Mr Bunola is extremely friendly and pleasant in his bedside manner. I have just undergone ACL reconstruction under his care and he was perfectly helpful and professional from start to finish. I couldn't endorse him enough if ACL reconstruction surgery is what you're in knee'd of.

Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital
4th May 2018

I have had 4 operations on my knee, 3 have not been successful, I had a revision knee replacement with mr Bunola 4 weeks ago at castle hill hospital, and I just know it has worked this time. what a fantastic orthopaedic he is, I just carnt say enough about him, he his the rolls Royce

Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary
25th March 2018

I have just had a knee replacement at The Spires hospital. The operation was carried out by Mr Bunola and I found him to be very straight talking and professional.The staff and consultants were very attentive and helpful. The overall experience was calming and put you at ease.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery