Mr Jonathan Pollock

I am a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Lead for Neuro-oncology and Skull Base at Essex Neurosciences Centre based at Queens Hospital in Romford. I was appointed in 2002. I trained at Gonville and Caius College , Cambridge and the John Radcliffe Hospital , Oxford and qualified in 1990. My Neurosurgical training was in Oxford, Nottingham and London. our Hospitals in Romford form the 10th largest acute provider in England out of 280 NHS Trusts and we have seen significant development in our clinical services since opening in 2006. The Skull Base practice has grown to a large multidisciplinary team with expert input from Rhinology, Neuro-otology, Maxillofacial , Oculoplastic , Facial Plastics, Endocrine and Neurophysiology colleagues. Queens Hospital has recently been designated one of two centres for the treatment of Brain Tumours in North Central London. The department has a high reputation for training. My interests include meningioma (over 400 managed and operated) , vestibular schwannoma, pituitary tumours and combined craniofacial approaches. I have a particular interest in surgery for intracranial tumours causing visual failure. I have developed multidisciplinary and endoscopic operating at Queens significantly over the last 14 years. I serve as Director for the Brain and Spine Pathway Board for London Cancer. I have a national role as a question setter for the Neurosurgical Fellowship exam and I am a former member of the SAC (the national training body) in Neurosurgery. I have served as Clinical Director for Neurosciences in my Trust and as Clinical Lead for Neurosurgery.

• Neurosurgery