Mr Jon Lacy-Colson

I am a Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon. I work at the Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Hospital Trust. I also hold weekly private clinics at the Nuffield Health Hospital Shrewsbury. I have special interests in colorectal cancer and pelvic floor dissorders. I regularly perform Laparoscopic (keyhole surgery) for bowel problems as well as colonoscopy, and also regularly treat benign anorectal diseases such as piles, fistulas and fissures.

31st March 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Throughout the whole experience he was extremely professional but also personable and caring. From what was a very traumatic time he made me feel at ease and that I was in expert hands and his attitude was totally positive. Not only was this to myself but when I underwent my first operation he advised my wife that he would keep her fully informed and true to his word he contacted her himself on her mobile to confirm the operation was over and that things had gone well.

13th January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I would like to thank Mr Lacy-Colson and his team for the speedy and professional treatment I received following my diagnosis of bowel cancer. Mr Lacy-Colson explained everything very clearly : his manner was very reassuring and caring. Thanks to his skill my anterior resection operation went well and my recovery has been swift. His colorectal nursing team have also been very supportive. We particularly appreciated his personally contacting my husband immediately after the procedure to explain exactly what had happened. My treatment and care have been first class.

23rd December 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

My bowel cancer was discovered through the screening programme. Mr Lacy-Coulson told me in clear terms the surgery and treatment that I needed. The operation was carried out with what must have been great skill as my recovery has been swift. I still have a long way to go with the treatment but the care I have received so far has been first class. Hurrah for the screening programme!! and a big thank you to the team. Peter Cartlidge.

Short link to review Mr Jon Lacy-Colson: http://iwgc.net/efg3q