Mr John Rubin

18th September 2017

Wonderful sympathetic caring man.

27th June 2017

Mr Rubin has made a huge difference to my life. I suffer from laryngeal tremor and was very bad when I first saw him, but under his care my voice is no longer much of an embarrassment. He is also about the nicest gentleman one could meet, what a treasure!! His assistant is also very patient and helpful. What lessons could be learned from Mr Rubin - he shows that medical professionals, even at the top of their profession can be human, charismatic and a joy to meet. He treats everyone around him with cheerfulness and courtesy. He has my total respect and gratitude.

16th November 2016

Mr Rubin totally transformed my life. He must be the best voice doctor in the UK who helped me recover from a contact granuloma after another consultant had tried 2 times already. Thank you so much.

Written by a patient at The Harley Street ENT Clinic
28th October 2016

I am someone who is very nervous about medical procedures and medicine in general and the idea of having an endoscopy is one that terrifies me. Mr Rubin was very helpful and sympathetic, taking my needs on board. This made the procedure much less nerve wracking. Unfortunately I did succumb to my anxiety but Mr Rubin and his assistant were very quick to respond, immediately stopping the investigation, lying me flat and helping calm me down. What really showed their desire to help and care for their patients was the fact that as my panic attack was fading they were monitoring my pulse and heart rate to make sure that I was okay. A very friendly consultant who made what could have been a very terrifying process much more comfortable. Would recommend highly.

Written by a member of staff at Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital
29th January 2014

A great surgeon and an even better mentor. He lifts the spirits and the moods of all those around him. Also is active and up to date with appraisals and feedback. He epitomises the modern surgeon.

• Otolaryngology