Mr John Lynn

Written by a patient at The Lister Hospital
19th April 2015

I travelled from Glasgow to have a parathyroidectomy performed by Mr John Lynn in February 2015. I highly recommend Mr Lynn. The treatment and care provided by him and his team has been excellent. He is a very caring individual.

Written by a carer at Bupa Cromwell Hospital
14th December 2011

Dr John Lynn was wonderful when my daughter went to him. She had had an overactive thryoid gland since the age of 13, and had been on very strong medication for 3 years. We were advised that she should no longer take this as it would invariably weaken all her major organs. It was decided that she would have the operation to remove her thyroid which she was very upset and nervous about, so we went to Dr Lynn who recommended an alternative for her which was radioactive iodine in tablet form. This was very successful and shrunk her thyroid, thus making her underactive which is far less serious. We are so greatful to him at a time which was very stressfull for the whole family.

2nd December 2011

I visited John Lynn when being told that I needed a total thyroidectomy following unsuccessful radioiodine treatment. He has a reputation as the top surgeon in his field and the care he gave me was incredible. He visited many times during my stay to make sure I was ok, is a true gentleman and a consummate professional. If you have a choice in who performs your s urgery, please choose John Lynn.

14th November 2011

Mr Lynn a 1st class specialist. After suffering for 9 months i found Mr Lynn, i travelled from the west midlands to see him and after an initial consultation followed by tests and a scan a date was set for the removal of my parathyroid tumor. I have a tiny scar on my neck, nobody would even know i had under gone surgery. Mr Lynns care is fantastic, he is very thoughtful, kind and caring he contacted me on several occaisions by telephone following my operation to see that i was ok. I recommend Mr Lynn 100%.

17th December 2010

This man has unrivalled technical skill and is an absolute gentleman. If you are thinking about letting him treat you, just do it. It will be fine.

• Endocrinology