21st July 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I had an appointment with Mr John Dickinson this morning 21/07/2017 to review my progress since having a TURP operation at WGH 19/05/2017. Mr Dickinson was outstanding in every way. He summarised my current progress in terms which I could understand fully, and listened very carefully to my ongoing concerns, answering each one fully and very thoroughly. He took a genuine interest in my wellbeing which made me feel a valued NHS patient, unlike the several previous consultants with whom it was very difficult to establish much rapport and glean the feedback I sought. Mr Dickinson is a remarkable person and a great credit to the NHS. The way I was treated has given a significant boost to the rest of my recovery. I feel that I am winning at last. Thank you! Christopher G Nash

24th August 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Mr Dickinson almost makes up for the somewhat abrupt, discompassionate manner of some of his colleagues. He appears to listen, explains things clearly, and actually seems bothered about his patients. The problem is, it is the luck of the draw whether you get to see him; I have been treated by this for just over a year and have attended clinics with three different consultants, and treated by a further two. So good doctor, possibly, but working in a pretty mediocre department.

3rd February 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I had conultation with Mr Dickenson this morning (030216) as a review meeting about collateral damage following radiotherapy. Mr Dickenson had obviously studied my notes and was therefore fully aware of the detail of my condition. He quickly suggested an investigation. He was very reassuring to me. He was easy to talk to. I would add that the other members of the Urology Team that I have met, Mr Duffy and Mr Cutting have been beyond any criticism.

Short link to review Mr John Dickinson: http://iwgc.net/efgky