Mr John Brookes

Mr Brookes is a consultant eye surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, specialising in glaucoma in both adults and children. He is director of the glaucoma service at Moorfields, an Internationally renowned teaching hospital for eye diseases. He travels widely, to lecture on glaucoma at National and International conferences and works with the charity, ORBIS, providing training to local doctors in developing countries. He has recently travelled to Mongolia, China and India with the charity.

• Ophthalmology

11th February 2017
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

I have been seen by multiple consultants in both the UK and the US for my glaucoma since I was 5 years old. Starting at age 12 (I am now 25), Mr Brookes has been my primary consultant. I have also been seen by many other doctors for a connective tissue disorder I have had from birth. He is by far the most reassuring, patient and caring doctor I have ever had, something his other patients that I know all say. He has managed my care exceptionally, such that despite many challenges I have had with intolerance for medications, I maintain almost the same quality of sight I had as a 5 year old child. I would recommend him without hesistation.

5th May 2016
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

I have severe Glaucoma, cataract and very strong short sightedness in both eyes. My previous consultant referred me to Mr Brookes last year, which was the best thing happened to me. Although glaucoma can't be treated to cure so far, I can trust that Mr Brookes gives me the best opportunity for my eyes to last. I am also grateful to his PA, Patrice. She was ever so helpful and super efficient at the same time when I needed assistance.

23rd September 2015
Written by a patient at Moorfields Eye Hospital

Mr Brookes was very highly recommended to me. I have received excellent care from him both in the clinic and the operating theatre. He has a very efficient and welcoming secretary at the Claremont clinic and the whole experience of the team's care there is pleasant and reassuring and inspires confidence.

Nearest Ophthalmologists